Poor Richard's to reopen on Friday
internet watchdog, you clearly don't get hate speech. Anonymous #comment 2
The good times are about to roll once again at the iconic Poor Richard's. The famous spot for East Tennessee State University nightlife is set to re-open this Friday.
The new owners, ETSU student Donna Vitoux and Daniel Shell are aiming to restore Poor Richard's back to its glory days. There are lots of reasons to be excited about Poor Richard's opening its doors again.
First of all, c'mon, it's Poor Richard's! It's one of the oldest and most iconic hang-out spots in Johnson City. It's a place about having fun and it's all set up for anyone. Whether you're an ETSU student or just a regular resident of the Tri-Cities, Poor Richard's invites anyone to come in and enjoy themselves.
Poor Richard's isn't music-specific either. One night they may be playing country or Southern rock while the next night they may have a DJ.
Students who go to the official re-opening on Friday will be in for a real treat, as Brad Puckett will be performing live in concert at 8 p.m. He will also be shooting a live music video.
Speaking of country music, another cool aspect of Poor Richard's that some may not know about is that one of Kenny Chesney's latest hit songs, "When I See This Bar," is specifically about Poor Richard's.
Poor Richard's will be open that day from 11 a.m. until, as they put it, "they kick you out." Shell and Vitous were unsure whether they would stay open from 11 a.m., or just re-open again later that evening.
As to the food aspect, students and the like can go check out the handiwork of Bryan Hilton.
Hilton has worked at the deli for 26 years and has his own unique recipes.
ETSU students and faculty receive a 10 percent discount on food with the presentation of a valid ETSU ID. Also, be aware that the night time festivities are always ages 18+.
The fun is all there. Walking through those front doors again filled me with a renewed excitement about what Poor Richard's has the potential to be. I can tell you there's a pretty good chance you'll catch me hanging out there at some point in the near future.
Poor Richard's is located on 825 W. Walnut St., Johnson City.
For more information about Poor Richard's, call 423-926-8611 or visit their Facebook page at www.facebook.com/pages/Poor-Richards
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More East Tennessean News Articles
Recent East Tennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
- Bucs shutout Keydets
- Buc’s men’s soccer ties Wofford Bears, 3-3
- Lady Bucs defeat Wofford
- ‘It’s a Girl’ addresses gendercide
- ‘Super Smash Bros.’ game has become Nintendo’s kingmaker
- Volunteers needed for fall carnival that will take place Oct. 24
- Meditation aids in relaxation, improvement of mental, physical health
RECENT EAST TENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
- Where the Jobs Are: Why Relocating May Be the Best Option
- Value of Education Brings Success Among Unique Student...
- Is Faith Really a Good Thing?
- Are Workers Taking Enough Time to Understand Their...
- Save Now With Proven High-Efficiency Gas Wall-Hung Boiler
- Some Jobs Really Are a Pain in the Back
- Are Your Investments Doomed by Overfunded Public Markets?
- Straighten Up if You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Leading Digital Strategists Transform Digital Marketing In Business and Academia
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR TO VISIT SEVEN CAMPUSES ACROSS THE COUNTRY, ENGAGING STUDENTS TO COMBAT DISCRIMINATION AND DATING ABUSE
- OH HONEY ARE “SINCERELY YOURS” WITH NEW EP // HONDA CIVIC TOUR
- Mercedes-Benz Financial Services wants you to help “Drive Our Future”
- Bring Snoop Dogg to Your College Campus