Poor Richard's to reopen on Friday
internet watchdog, you clearly don't get hate speech. Anonymous #comment 2
The good times are about to roll once again at the iconic Poor Richard's. The famous spot for East Tennessee State University nightlife is set to re-open this Friday.
The new owners, ETSU student Donna Vitoux and Daniel Shell are aiming to restore Poor Richard's back to its glory days. There are lots of reasons to be excited about Poor Richard's opening its doors again.
First of all, c'mon, it's Poor Richard's! It's one of the oldest and most iconic hang-out spots in Johnson City. It's a place about having fun and it's all set up for anyone. Whether you're an ETSU student or just a regular resident of the Tri-Cities, Poor Richard's invites anyone to come in and enjoy themselves.
Poor Richard's isn't music-specific either. One night they may be playing country or Southern rock while the next night they may have a DJ.
Students who go to the official re-opening on Friday will be in for a real treat, as Brad Puckett will be performing live in concert at 8 p.m. He will also be shooting a live music video.
Speaking of country music, another cool aspect of Poor Richard's that some may not know about is that one of Kenny Chesney's latest hit songs, "When I See This Bar," is specifically about Poor Richard's.
Poor Richard's will be open that day from 11 a.m. until, as they put it, "they kick you out." Shell and Vitous were unsure whether they would stay open from 11 a.m., or just re-open again later that evening.
As to the food aspect, students and the like can go check out the handiwork of Bryan Hilton.
Hilton has worked at the deli for 26 years and has his own unique recipes.
ETSU students and faculty receive a 10 percent discount on food with the presentation of a valid ETSU ID. Also, be aware that the night time festivities are always ages 18+.
The fun is all there. Walking through those front doors again filled me with a renewed excitement about what Poor Richard's has the potential to be. I can tell you there's a pretty good chance you'll catch me hanging out there at some point in the near future.
Poor Richard's is located on 825 W. Walnut St., Johnson City.
For more information about Poor Richard's, call 423-926-8611 or visit their Facebook page at www.facebook.com/pages/Poor-Richards
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Insuring the Health of America's Emerging...
- New FDA-Cleared Device Significantly Advances IV Therapy...
- Take a Bite Out of Gum Disease By Seeing a Periodontist
- Natural Health Care From Down Under Poised to Make U.S....
- Wellness Travel Is on the Rise
- 3 Steps to Build a Better Nest Egg
- Para los latinos, el Día de las Madres es una...
- Top 4 Signs You Need to Call a Pest Professional
- Another Reason to Choose Chiropractic Care First for Pain...
- Create a Precious Moment for Mom This Mother's Day
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- GREAT GRADUATION GIFT: WHAT THEY DIDN'T TEACH YOU IN SCHOOL!
- National Foundation for Infectious Diseases Calls on College Campuses to Be Prepared for Meningococcal Disease
- Safety App BlueLight Launches at 10 New Campuses for Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- TD Ameritrade Seeks Applicants for NextGen Financial Planning Scholarships, Grants
- Make it Count: Get the Most out of the End of the Semester!