Fashion show at ETSU
An opportunity to conquer fears and show off
About a month ago, I went out for coffee with my roommate and our friend.
While we were waiting for our drinks to be made, we were approached by a friendly woman. "You guys should really try out for the fashion show," she said.
"Auditions will be on Sunday at 7 p.m. Just wear jeans and a white tank top with heels. We'd love for you guys to be there."
The woman got her drink and walked away.
My roommate and our friend weren't interested, but I was.
I had never done any sort of fashion show, because frankly, I didn't think I was attractive or talented enough to ever do one.
I pushed those negative thoughts aside and went to the audition. I was nervous and made a few mistakes during the audition, but I was picked.
Then there was another thing I worried about.
You see it on the fashion shows with the designers and the directors being mean and very critical, but again, I pushed the negative thoughts aside, and I was proven wrong.
The criticism I received was helpful and constructive and the directors and the people working on the show were friendly.
Even my fellow models are friendly, and they make the experience positive and totally worth the time and effort put into the show.
The experience has also been a lot of fun. I didn't realize how much a fashion show is like a performance on stage.
There needs to be an element of acting and interaction with the audience, and of course, the changing of the clothing for each scene.
We were also given the chance to have head shots taken so that we can have professional photos in case we would like to model again in the future.
After this experience, I just might try modeling again.
The fashion show is run by Multicultural Affairs, and the show itself will be in the auditorium in the Culp Center at 7 p.m. on March 29.
It will be a great show with a lot of great people in it and it will be a lot of fun for the audience watching as well.
See you in the audience!
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
- System recognizes gender spectrum
- ETSU Pride Band opens for Krüger Brothers
- Inclement weather makes it possible for editor to spend more time with...
- RTVF students to present original films
- Bucs end regular season with loss to Mercer
- ETSU split wins with visiting Butler
- Tennis dominates Tennessee Tech in convincing style
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Beat the Crowds: Visit Europe During the Shoulder Seasons
- Building a Better Bridge From Hospital to Home Health Care
- 8 Tips to Selecting Colors for Your Home's Exterior
- This Year, Make a Goal to Contribute More to Your 401(k)
- Giving the Elderly a Lift -- In Their Home
- 4-H Grown: Alumni Asked to Stand Up and Support STEM...
- Haven't Tried Sardines? Try These
- Weatherizing Your Home Can Mean Big Benefits
- 10 Tips to Stay Safe During Spring Break
- 10 Tips for Staying Safe During Spring Break
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Rescue your Spring Break with new app dubbed the "Uber of Roadside Assistance"
- First Lady Michelle Obama and the Peace Corps Join Together to Expand Girls' Education
- Potential health risks of hookah smoking are being overlooked by users
- Study Finds College-age Millennials Hopeful for the Future, Worry about Student Loans and Overspending
- RetailMeNot Helps Students Save Money on Spring Break Travel