Fashion show at ETSU
An opportunity to conquer fears and show off
About a month ago, I went out for coffee with my roommate and our friend.
While we were waiting for our drinks to be made, we were approached by a friendly woman. "You guys should really try out for the fashion show," she said.
"Auditions will be on Sunday at 7 p.m. Just wear jeans and a white tank top with heels. We'd love for you guys to be there."
The woman got her drink and walked away.
My roommate and our friend weren't interested, but I was.
I had never done any sort of fashion show, because frankly, I didn't think I was attractive or talented enough to ever do one.
I pushed those negative thoughts aside and went to the audition. I was nervous and made a few mistakes during the audition, but I was picked.
Then there was another thing I worried about.
You see it on the fashion shows with the designers and the directors being mean and very critical, but again, I pushed the negative thoughts aside, and I was proven wrong.
The criticism I received was helpful and constructive and the directors and the people working on the show were friendly.
Even my fellow models are friendly, and they make the experience positive and totally worth the time and effort put into the show.
The experience has also been a lot of fun. I didn't realize how much a fashion show is like a performance on stage.
There needs to be an element of acting and interaction with the audience, and of course, the changing of the clothing for each scene.
We were also given the chance to have head shots taken so that we can have professional photos in case we would like to model again in the future.
After this experience, I just might try modeling again.
The fashion show is run by Multicultural Affairs, and the show itself will be in the auditorium in the Culp Center at 7 p.m. on March 29.
It will be a great show with a lot of great people in it and it will be a lot of fun for the audience watching as well.
See you in the audience!
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
- Online magazine promotes healthy habits
- Buctainment co-sponsorship of campus events garners greater event attention
- Charles Towne Belles inspires faith
- New exhibitions coming to Reece
- Club soccer team begins at ETSU
- Oshoniyi coaches in 2015 adidas MLS Combine
- I ate my roommate’s girlfriend’s candy, he cried
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- LED Technology Helping People See The World in a Whole...
- Ice Dams Put Homes at Risk for Termites
- 5 Tips to Having a Happy, Healthy Heart
- What Does Million in IRS Budget Cuts Mean for Taxpayers?
- Workers Say a Good Cup of Coffee Can Make Entire Workday...
- Fresh Fruit Delivers Fun and Nutrition
- Say No to the Knife: Reduce the Likeliness Of Surgery...
- Give Your Kitchen a New Look With a Lighting Update
- Garden Project Spreads Its Roots in Urban Areas
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- WHOLE YOU CHALLENGES THE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY AND PUBLIC TO HELP FIND SOLUTIONS FOR THOSE WITH ORAL AND VISION LIMITATIONS
- 10 Reasons Why Cancun is the Spring Break Mecca of the World
- What's Next in Learning Spaces?
- carpooling, Europe's No. 1 ridesharing app, debuts in U.S. to college market
- PwC US Launches CareerAdvisor