Fashion show at ETSU
An opportunity to conquer fears and show off
About a month ago, I went out for coffee with my roommate and our friend.
While we were waiting for our drinks to be made, we were approached by a friendly woman. "You guys should really try out for the fashion show," she said.
"Auditions will be on Sunday at 7 p.m. Just wear jeans and a white tank top with heels. We'd love for you guys to be there."
The woman got her drink and walked away.
My roommate and our friend weren't interested, but I was.
I had never done any sort of fashion show, because frankly, I didn't think I was attractive or talented enough to ever do one.
I pushed those negative thoughts aside and went to the audition. I was nervous and made a few mistakes during the audition, but I was picked.
Then there was another thing I worried about.
You see it on the fashion shows with the designers and the directors being mean and very critical, but again, I pushed the negative thoughts aside, and I was proven wrong.
The criticism I received was helpful and constructive and the directors and the people working on the show were friendly.
Even my fellow models are friendly, and they make the experience positive and totally worth the time and effort put into the show.
The experience has also been a lot of fun. I didn't realize how much a fashion show is like a performance on stage.
There needs to be an element of acting and interaction with the audience, and of course, the changing of the clothing for each scene.
We were also given the chance to have head shots taken so that we can have professional photos in case we would like to model again in the future.
After this experience, I just might try modeling again.
The fashion show is run by Multicultural Affairs, and the show itself will be in the auditorium in the Culp Center at 7 p.m. on March 29.
It will be a great show with a lot of great people in it and it will be a lot of fun for the audience watching as well.
See you in the audience!
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
- University cleared after being accused of research missteps, plans to improve
- The Jubilee solution will eliminate the student loan crisis
- SGA has insight for students
- Public safety waiting for info on sexual assaults
- Halloween movies to impress moviegoers
- Defining your measure of worth
- Small groups can turn into big voices
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- IRS Warns Taxpayers of Latest Phone Fraud Scam
- Putting Your Vacation Home to Work for You
- Finding Answers to Growing Concerns About Water Fluoridation
- Empowering People to Regain Their Mobility
- On-Site Workplace Health Clinics Emphasize Chiropractic Care
- 5 Important Tips for Choosing a Medicare Health Plan
- Welcome Your Holiday Guests With Inviting Lighting
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- College women switching to Sobrr this Halloween as the best app for fun -- and finding soul mates.
- Win $1,000 to Study Abroad in Italy. The ItaliaRail Study Abroad in Italy Scholarship for Spring 2015 is now accepting applications.
- 7 Tips for Scoring a Tailgating Touchdown
- Renowned Engineer Ric Bradshaw Conducts Fujifilm-Sponsored Campus Tour on Tape Technology
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!