Fashion show at ETSU
An opportunity to conquer fears and show off
About a month ago, I went out for coffee with my roommate and our friend.
While we were waiting for our drinks to be made, we were approached by a friendly woman. "You guys should really try out for the fashion show," she said.
"Auditions will be on Sunday at 7 p.m. Just wear jeans and a white tank top with heels. We'd love for you guys to be there."
The woman got her drink and walked away.
My roommate and our friend weren't interested, but I was.
I had never done any sort of fashion show, because frankly, I didn't think I was attractive or talented enough to ever do one.
I pushed those negative thoughts aside and went to the audition. I was nervous and made a few mistakes during the audition, but I was picked.
Then there was another thing I worried about.
You see it on the fashion shows with the designers and the directors being mean and very critical, but again, I pushed the negative thoughts aside, and I was proven wrong.
The criticism I received was helpful and constructive and the directors and the people working on the show were friendly.
Even my fellow models are friendly, and they make the experience positive and totally worth the time and effort put into the show.
The experience has also been a lot of fun. I didn't realize how much a fashion show is like a performance on stage.
There needs to be an element of acting and interaction with the audience, and of course, the changing of the clothing for each scene.
We were also given the chance to have head shots taken so that we can have professional photos in case we would like to model again in the future.
After this experience, I just might try modeling again.
The fashion show is run by Multicultural Affairs, and the show itself will be in the auditorium in the Culp Center at 7 p.m. on March 29.
It will be a great show with a lot of great people in it and it will be a lot of fun for the audience watching as well.
See you in the audience!
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More East Tennessean News Articles
Recent East Tennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
RECENT EAST TENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- 3 Fishermen Rescued at Sea Thanks to GPS Device
- Mes de la Hispanidad inspira liderazgo, empoderamiento,...
- Majority of Moms and Moms-to-Be Believe in Public...
- Wineries Speak Up About the Benefits of Using Natural Cork
- Taking a Holistic Approach to Fit Living
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Over 2,000 Groups Prepare to “Hit the Streets” with Volunteers and Celebrities for National Voter Registration Day on September 23, 2014
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections