ETSU to encourage voter registration with 'Freedom Rocks' event
East Tennessee State University will host "Freedom Rocks" on Tuesday, Sept. 25, at 7 p.m. in the D.P. Culp University Center Martha Street Culp Auditorium.
The free event is sponsored by Alpha Delta Pi sorority, the College Republicans, the College Democrats and the Female Majority Leadership Alliance.
"Freedom Rocks" is a non-partisan effort to raise general political awareness among the student body and to encourage students to register and vote.
The sponsors will hold voter registration at booths on campus the week prior to the event.
Some invited speaker include U.S. Rep. Phil Roe, State Sen. Rusty Crowe, State Rep. Matthew Hill, Tennessee Secretary of State Tre Hargett and State Coordinator of Elections Mark Goins.
In addition, guests will hear from Republican candidate for the U.S. Senate Brenda Lenard,
Democratic candidate for the U.S. House of Representatives from the First Congressional District Alan Woodruff, Sixth District Democratic candidate for Tennessee House of Representatives Michael Clark, and Republican Sixth District Tennessee House of Representatives candidate James Van Huss.
For more information about or to arrange special assistance for those with disabilities, call Erika Wild of Alpha Delta Pi at 423-608-3972 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More East Tennessean News Articles
Recent East Tennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
RECENT EAST TENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit