ETSU meets Jacksonville, beginning final homestand
The ETSU women's basketball team will close out this season's home slate by welcoming a pair of teams from the River City to the ETSU/MSHA Athletics Center; beginning first with the Jacksonville Dolphins on Thursday evening at 7 p.m.
Carrying the momentum from a victory at Kennesaw State two days prior, the Bucs struggled from the jump at Mercer. Early turnovers proved costly as the Bears quickly turned them into points.
Hot shooting from Mercer throughout also proved to be problematic. The duo of Shamauria Bridges and Tiana Burley carried ETSU's offense in the first half and continued on to score 16 of the team's 25 points in the second half.
In the end, the Blue & Gold were outmatched to the tune of an 80-50 defeat. Freshman guard Bridges recorded a team- and season-high 20 points, while Burley contributed 17 points and a game-high tying eight rebounds.
ETSU (8-17, 4-10) and Jacksonville (10-15, 7-7) will square off Thursday in the 21st all-time meeting between the two schools; a series that ETSU leads, 14-6.
The Bucs won the last meeting with the Dolphins in Johnson City, 74-57, on Jan. 28, 2013. In the most recent matchup between the two teams earlier this season, JU came away victorious, 73-56, on Jan. 30 inside Veterans Memorial Arena.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Insuring the Health of America's Emerging...
- New FDA-Cleared Device Significantly Advances IV Therapy...
- Take a Bite Out of Gum Disease By Seeing a Periodontist
- Natural Health Care From Down Under Poised to Make U.S....
- Wellness Travel Is on the Rise
- 3 Steps to Build a Better Nest Egg
- Para los latinos, el Día de las Madres es una...
- Top 4 Signs You Need to Call a Pest Professional
- Another Reason to Choose Chiropractic Care First for Pain...
- Create a Precious Moment for Mom This Mother's Day
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- GREAT GRADUATION GIFT: WHAT THEY DIDN'T TEACH YOU IN SCHOOL!
- National Foundation for Infectious Diseases Calls on College Campuses to Be Prepared for Meningococcal Disease
- Safety App BlueLight Launches at 10 New Campuses for Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- TD Ameritrade Seeks Applicants for NextGen Financial Planning Scholarships, Grants
- Make it Count: Get the Most out of the End of the Semester!