David Geno unites with Charlotte Eagles
Kingsport native and ETSU soccer standout David Geno has signed to play professionally with the Charlotte Eagles of the United Soccer Leagues' Professional Division (USL Pro).
The all-time leader for points, goals and assists in ETSU men's soccer, Geno capped his collegiate career by helping lead the Buccaneers to the 2013 Atlantic Sun Championship and the program's second NCAA Tournament appearance in four years.
Over his four-year career at ETSU, Geno garnered numerous honors, including being named to the All-Atlantic Sun First Team three times, the NSCAA All-South Region First Team in 2012, and Soccer America's Preseason All-America Team in 2013.
The Dobyns-Bennett High School product also became the first ever ETSU player to be named A-Sun Player of the Year, achieving the feat in 2012 following a historic junior campaign in which he set ETSU single-season records for points (30), goals (12) and assists (8).
A member of ETSU's outgoing senior class, the winningest class in program history, Geno helped lead the Bucs to their first ever NCAA Tournament appearance in 2010 and again in 2013.
"My four years here at ETSU couldn't have been any better," Geno said. "I was fortunate enough to play on some successful teams while I was here, but the best part of it was my teammates. I couldn't have had a better group of guys to play with over all four years here. They made all of the great experiences here what they were."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Beat the Crowds: Visit Europe During the Shoulder Seasons
- Building a Better Bridge From Hospital to Home Health Care
- 8 Tips to Selecting Colors for Your Home's Exterior
- This Year, Make a Goal to Contribute More to Your 401(k)
- Giving the Elderly a Lift -- In Their Home
- 4-H Grown: Alumni Asked to Stand Up and Support STEM...
- Haven't Tried Sardines? Try These
- Weatherizing Your Home Can Mean Big Benefits
- 10 Tips to Stay Safe During Spring Break
- 10 Tips for Staying Safe During Spring Break
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Entries Now Open for 7th Annual College Sports Media Awards
- Rescue your Spring Break with new app dubbed the "Uber of Roadside Assistance"
- First Lady Michelle Obama and the Peace Corps Join Together to Expand Girls' Education
- Potential health risks of hookah smoking are being overlooked by users
- Study Finds College-age Millennials Hopeful for the Future, Worry about Student Loans and Overspending