Wrestling Club coach earns 500th career win
Matt Allen contemplates a sculpture by Catherine Murray, chair of the Department of Art & Design, outside Ball Hall. Seth Johns
The Wrestling Club at ETSU has been very active over the past few weeks and is looking forward to hosting National Conference Tournament the first weekend of March.
Over the past few weeks, the Wrestling Club has been hosting meets at the BCPA against many other club teams that also compete for the National Tournament.
Wrestling Club President Nic Shields has formed the Wrestling Club into a club to that is competing nationally.
"Looking at our club now, the Wrestling Club at ETSU has their best chance of bringing home a male All-American Winner from Nationals," Shields said.
The Wrestling Club at ETSU competed against the clubs at Southern Virginia University, University of Tennessee at Knoxville, Tennessee Temple University and Wake Forest University.
The Wrestling Club, as a team, beat SVU and UTK in the first weekend of competition.
A few standouts in the Wrestling Club at ETSU includes: Markevis Duncan, who has already qualified to compete in the national tournament, and Ma'Nako Peay, who is establishing himself as one of the top wrestlers.
Don Elia, coach of the Wrestling Club at ETSU, previously coached at Carson-Newman University and is founder of the East Tennessee Wrestling Association. He has been coaching wrestling for more than 30 years.
Elia founded the Wrestling Club at ETSU and has been leading the team to national tournaments.
Elia recently acquired his 500th career team win as a wrestling coach. He is 1 of 6 coaches to reach 500 career wins in wrestling history.
The Wrestling Club at ETSU will host the Mid-Atlantic Conference Tournament in Brooks Gym on Friday, Feb. 28 and Saturday, March 1.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Insuring the Health of America's Emerging...
- New FDA-Cleared Device Significantly Advances IV Therapy...
- Take a Bite Out of Gum Disease By Seeing a Periodontist
- Natural Health Care From Down Under Poised to Make U.S....
- Wellness Travel Is on the Rise
- 3 Steps to Build a Better Nest Egg
- Para los latinos, el Día de las Madres es una...
- Top 4 Signs You Need to Call a Pest Professional
- Another Reason to Choose Chiropractic Care First for Pain...
- Create a Precious Moment for Mom This Mother's Day
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- GREAT GRADUATION GIFT: WHAT THEY DIDN'T TEACH YOU IN SCHOOL!
- National Foundation for Infectious Diseases Calls on College Campuses to Be Prepared for Meningococcal Disease
- Safety App BlueLight Launches at 10 New Campuses for Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- TD Ameritrade Seeks Applicants for NextGen Financial Planning Scholarships, Grants
- Make it Count: Get the Most out of the End of the Semester!