Wrestling Club coach earns 500th career win
Matt Allen contemplates a sculpture by Catherine Murray, chair of the Department of Art & Design, outside Ball Hall. Seth Johns
The Wrestling Club at ETSU has been very active over the past few weeks and is looking forward to hosting National Conference Tournament the first weekend of March.
Over the past few weeks, the Wrestling Club has been hosting meets at the BCPA against many other club teams that also compete for the National Tournament.
Wrestling Club President Nic Shields has formed the Wrestling Club into a club to that is competing nationally.
"Looking at our club now, the Wrestling Club at ETSU has their best chance of bringing home a male All-American Winner from Nationals," Shields said.
The Wrestling Club at ETSU competed against the clubs at Southern Virginia University, University of Tennessee at Knoxville, Tennessee Temple University and Wake Forest University.
The Wrestling Club, as a team, beat SVU and UTK in the first weekend of competition.
A few standouts in the Wrestling Club at ETSU includes: Markevis Duncan, who has already qualified to compete in the national tournament, and Ma'Nako Peay, who is establishing himself as one of the top wrestlers.
Don Elia, coach of the Wrestling Club at ETSU, previously coached at Carson-Newman University and is founder of the East Tennessee Wrestling Association. He has been coaching wrestling for more than 30 years.
Elia founded the Wrestling Club at ETSU and has been leading the team to national tournaments.
Elia recently acquired his 500th career team win as a wrestling coach. He is 1 of 6 coaches to reach 500 career wins in wrestling history.
The Wrestling Club at ETSU will host the Mid-Atlantic Conference Tournament in Brooks Gym on Friday, Feb. 28 and Saturday, March 1.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
- Online magazine promotes healthy habits
- Buctainment co-sponsorship of campus events garners greater event attention
- Charles Towne Belles inspires faith
- New exhibitions coming to Reece
- Club soccer team begins at ETSU
- Oshoniyi coaches in 2015 adidas MLS Combine
- I ate my roommate’s girlfriend’s candy, he cried
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- LED Technology Helping People See The World in a Whole...
- Ice Dams Put Homes at Risk for Termites
- 5 Tips to Having a Happy, Healthy Heart
- What Does Million in IRS Budget Cuts Mean for Taxpayers?
- Workers Say a Good Cup of Coffee Can Make Entire Workday...
- Fresh Fruit Delivers Fun and Nutrition
- Say No to the Knife: Reduce the Likeliness Of Surgery...
- Give Your Kitchen a New Look With a Lighting Update
- Garden Project Spreads Its Roots in Urban Areas
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- WHOLE YOU CHALLENGES THE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY AND PUBLIC TO HELP FIND SOLUTIONS FOR THOSE WITH ORAL AND VISION LIMITATIONS
- 10 Reasons Why Cancun is the Spring Break Mecca of the World
- What's Next in Learning Spaces?
- carpooling, Europe's No. 1 ridesharing app, debuts in U.S. to college market
- PwC US Launches CareerAdvisor