Campus gets new street addresses
Freshman pharmacy student Sasi Kanaparthy is one of 72 students to begin classes in ETSU's newly created College of Pharmacy. Over 500 students applied to the program. Travis Brown/East Tennessean
New street addresses have been established on the main East Tennessee State University campus. Each building on campus now has its own address.
The chief reason for assigning street addresses is to update the Washington County 9-1-1 database to give emergency responders more intuitive directions for locating 9-1-1 events on campus. When members of the public need to call 9-1-1 and report 9-1-1 events, callers should give all of the information they know about their current location and the location of the 9-1-1 event.
Each building on campus has a number on the building or a sign with the building name and street address. The signs in front of the buildings give the emergency responders final confirmation that they have arrived at the correct location.
The ETSU Post Office will continue to deliver ETSU mail to university post office boxes and on-campus facilities in the same manner as they have been using the existing ETSU PO Box codes.
Students should not change their USPS mailing address. The ETSU Post Office will not use the street addresses for mail services at this time.
Building occupants should remember that the number posted in front of the building is only the block number and not the complete street address. The complete street address includes the building address and the street name.
An example of this is the Financial Services department, which has the new building address of East Tennessee State University, Financial Services Burgin Dossett Hall, Room 201 E-F 1276 Gilbreath Dr. Johnson City, TN, 37614-1710.
The USPS Mailing Address is East Tennessee State University Financial Services PO Box 70732 Johnson City, TN 37614-1710.
The new main address for the administration building, Burgin Dossett Hall, is 1276 Gilbreath Dr., replacing the previous 807 University Pkwy. Each building on campus now has its own address. Visit http://www.etsu.edu/fa/fs/parking/detour/documents/street%20addresses%20etsu%20campus.pdf for a complete list of campus buildings and their street addresses.
The new address should be used when ordering pizza and other food to be delivered to the residence halls.
Departments with envelopes and stationary bearing the old 807 University Pkwy. address can continue to use them until supplies are used up.
It will take some time for the entire transition to the new addresses to be completed and both addresses will be recognized for some time. It will also take some time to get the various maps updated, including on Google.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
- System recognizes gender spectrum
- ETSU Pride Band opens for Krüger Brothers
- Inclement weather makes it possible for editor to spend more time with...
- RTVF students to present original films
- Bucs end regular season with loss to Mercer
- ETSU split wins with visiting Butler
- Tennis dominates Tennessee Tech in convincing style
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Building a Better Bridge From Hospital to Home Health Care
- 8 Tips to Selecting Colors for Your Home's Exterior
- This Year, Make a Goal to Contribute More to Your 401(k)
- Giving the Elderly a Lift -- In Their Home
- 4-H Grown: Alumni Asked to Stand Up and Support STEM...
- Haven't Tried Sardines? Try These
- Weatherizing Your Home Can Mean Big Benefits
- 10 Tips to Stay Safe During Spring Break
- 10 Tips for Staying Safe During Spring Break
- 3 Things to Know Before Ride-Booking a Car
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- First Lady Michelle Obama and the Peace Corps Join Together to Expand Girls' Education
- Potential health risks of hookah smoking are being overlooked by users
- Study Finds College-age Millennials Hopeful for the Future, Worry about Student Loans and Overspending
- RetailMeNot Helps Students Save Money on Spring Break Travel
- Visit Virtual Study Abroad Fair on February 25 to explore study abroad options and win prizes