ETSU track, field post 18 top-3 finishers in tourney
The ETSU track & field program built on a successful day one on Friday at the 2014 Atlantic Sun Indoor Track & Field Championships by staying among the top three on the final day of competition on Saturday with the men finishing second with 175 points while the women finished third with 96 points at the JDL Fast Track Indoor Track & Field Facility.
In total on Saturday, the Bucs tallied 18 top-three finishes and five event titles.
These accomplishments included 12 men in the top-three, featuring two winners, as well as six women with top-three standings, highlighted by three top finishers.
"We had another strong day and competed hard down to the wire," said ETSU Director of Track & Field/Cross Country George Watts.
"We had so many good things happen it's difficult to know where to begin. Our men's team scored in every event while our women scored in 13 of the 17 contested events."
After breaking her own ETSU indoor record a day earlier in the prelims, Dede Edgecombe one-upped herself in the final of the 60 meter hurdles on Saturday by racing to a school record-breaking 8.39 time earn the top finish in the event.
"I feel this team and program took a big step towards the future and I know the kids are looking forward to the outdoor season," said Watts.
"Both teams will return some injured people and redshirts that will strengthen our team."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wellness Travel Is on the Rise
- 3 Steps to Build a Better Nest Egg
- Para los latinos, el Día de las Madres es una...
- Top 4 Signs You Need to Call a Pest Professional
- Another Reason to Choose Chiropractic Care First for Pain...
- Create a Precious Moment for Mom This Mother's Day
- 4 Basic Exercises to Help Older Adults Improve Strength...
- New Drug May Help Control the Spread of Cancer
- Uber to Passengers: Our Drivers May Be Unsafe
- Thermal Imaging Camera Helps Find Hidden Damage in Your Home
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- TD Ameritrade Seeks Applicants for NextGen Financial Planning Scholarships, Grants
- Make it Count: Get the Most out of the End of the Semester!
- FARE's College Food Allergy Program Pilots in a Dozen Schools Nationwide
- HOTSHOT® HOT Canned Coffee gets a Jolt from Kickstarter
- From dating to internships - it's everything you need to know about college: The Her Campus Guide to College Life, Out Now