ETSU track, field post 18 top-3 finishers in tourney
The ETSU track & field program built on a successful day one on Friday at the 2014 Atlantic Sun Indoor Track & Field Championships by staying among the top three on the final day of competition on Saturday with the men finishing second with 175 points while the women finished third with 96 points at the JDL Fast Track Indoor Track & Field Facility.
In total on Saturday, the Bucs tallied 18 top-three finishes and five event titles.
These accomplishments included 12 men in the top-three, featuring two winners, as well as six women with top-three standings, highlighted by three top finishers.
"We had another strong day and competed hard down to the wire," said ETSU Director of Track & Field/Cross Country George Watts.
"We had so many good things happen it's difficult to know where to begin. Our men's team scored in every event while our women scored in 13 of the 17 contested events."
After breaking her own ETSU indoor record a day earlier in the prelims, Dede Edgecombe one-upped herself in the final of the 60 meter hurdles on Saturday by racing to a school record-breaking 8.39 time earn the top finish in the event.
"I feel this team and program took a big step towards the future and I know the kids are looking forward to the outdoor season," said Watts.
"Both teams will return some injured people and redshirts that will strengthen our team."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
- Online magazine promotes healthy habits
- Buctainment co-sponsorship of campus events garners greater event attention
- Charles Towne Belles inspires faith
- New exhibitions coming to Reece
- Club soccer team begins at ETSU
- Oshoniyi coaches in 2015 adidas MLS Combine
- I ate my roommate’s girlfriend’s candy, he cried
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- LED Technology Helping People See The World in a Whole...
- Ice Dams Put Homes at Risk for Termites
- 5 Tips to Having a Happy, Healthy Heart
- What Does Million in IRS Budget Cuts Mean for Taxpayers?
- Workers Say a Good Cup of Coffee Can Make Entire Workday...
- Fresh Fruit Delivers Fun and Nutrition
- Say No to the Knife: Reduce the Likeliness Of Surgery...
- Give Your Kitchen a New Look With a Lighting Update
- Garden Project Spreads Its Roots in Urban Areas
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- WHOLE YOU CHALLENGES THE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY AND PUBLIC TO HELP FIND SOLUTIONS FOR THOSE WITH ORAL AND VISION LIMITATIONS
- 10 Reasons Why Cancun is the Spring Break Mecca of the World
- What's Next in Learning Spaces?
- carpooling, Europe's No. 1 ridesharing app, debuts in U.S. to college market
- PwC US Launches CareerAdvisor