ETSU track, field post 18 top-3 finishers in tourney
The ETSU track & field program built on a successful day one on Friday at the 2014 Atlantic Sun Indoor Track & Field Championships by staying among the top three on the final day of competition on Saturday with the men finishing second with 175 points while the women finished third with 96 points at the JDL Fast Track Indoor Track & Field Facility.
In total on Saturday, the Bucs tallied 18 top-three finishes and five event titles.
These accomplishments included 12 men in the top-three, featuring two winners, as well as six women with top-three standings, highlighted by three top finishers.
"We had another strong day and competed hard down to the wire," said ETSU Director of Track & Field/Cross Country George Watts.
"We had so many good things happen it's difficult to know where to begin. Our men's team scored in every event while our women scored in 13 of the 17 contested events."
After breaking her own ETSU indoor record a day earlier in the prelims, Dede Edgecombe one-upped herself in the final of the 60 meter hurdles on Saturday by racing to a school record-breaking 8.39 time earn the top finish in the event.
"I feel this team and program took a big step towards the future and I know the kids are looking forward to the outdoor season," said Watts.
"Both teams will return some injured people and redshirts that will strengthen our team."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
- System recognizes gender spectrum
- ETSU Pride Band opens for Krüger Brothers
- Inclement weather makes it possible for editor to spend more time with...
- RTVF students to present original films
- Bucs end regular season with loss to Mercer
- ETSU split wins with visiting Butler
- Tennis dominates Tennessee Tech in convincing style
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- This Year, Make a Goal to Contribute More to Your 401(k)
- Giving the Elderly a Lift -- In Their Home
- 4-H Grown: Alumni Asked to Stand Up and Support STEM...
- Haven't Tried Sardines? Try These
- Weatherizing Your Home Can Mean Big Benefits
- 10 Tips to Stay Safe During Spring Break
- 10 Tips for Staying Safe During Spring Break
- 3 Things to Know Before Ride-Booking a Car
- For Advanced Heart Failure Patients, There Is Hope
- Bringing Chiropractic to the Little League
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Potential health risks of hookah smoking are being overlooked by users
- Study Finds College-age Millennials Hopeful for the Future, Worry about Student Loans and Overspending
- RetailMeNot Helps Students Save Money on Spring Break Travel
- Visit Virtual Study Abroad Fair on February 25 to explore study abroad options and win prizes
- Students kill three birds with one stone