ETSU track, field post 18 top-3 finishers in tourney
The ETSU track & field program built on a successful day one on Friday at the 2014 Atlantic Sun Indoor Track & Field Championships by staying among the top three on the final day of competition on Saturday with the men finishing second with 175 points while the women finished third with 96 points at the JDL Fast Track Indoor Track & Field Facility.
In total on Saturday, the Bucs tallied 18 top-three finishes and five event titles.
These accomplishments included 12 men in the top-three, featuring two winners, as well as six women with top-three standings, highlighted by three top finishers.
"We had another strong day and competed hard down to the wire," said ETSU Director of Track & Field/Cross Country George Watts.
"We had so many good things happen it's difficult to know where to begin. Our men's team scored in every event while our women scored in 13 of the 17 contested events."
After breaking her own ETSU indoor record a day earlier in the prelims, Dede Edgecombe one-upped herself in the final of the 60 meter hurdles on Saturday by racing to a school record-breaking 8.39 time earn the top finish in the event.
"I feel this team and program took a big step towards the future and I know the kids are looking forward to the outdoor season," said Watts.
"Both teams will return some injured people and redshirts that will strengthen our team."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More East Tennessean News Articles
Recent East Tennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
RECENT EAST TENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- For Dwight Clark, the Catch Is Chiropractic Care
- Reducing the Likeliness of Back Surgery With Chiropractic...
- Enhancing the Curb Appeal of Your Home
- Maximize Your Teleconferences With Better Tools