Longtime cheerleader sets new goals
East Tennessee State University cheerleader Jacy Richardson is a 19-year-old sophomore. She is originally from Kingsport, and is majoring in digital media.
"I have been cheering for as long as I can remember," Richardson said. "I believe I started cheering on a team when I was in fourth grade."
Besides being in the sport of cheerleading for about 11 years, she feels that her highest achievement in the sport of cheerleading is being able to cheer at the college level, especially at ETSU.
"I was drawn to the team here at ETSU for it is an all girls' team," she said, "and I feel that my biggest accomplishment is continuing my cheering career into college."
Richardson said that she can't wait for the new football team and for next year's season to start so the cheerleading squad can rally the crowd during football games as well.
"I am excited for all the preparation and heightened ETSU pride for this new addition," she said.
And for this season, Richardson said that she hopes to land some difficult gymnastics to perform during the basketball games.
"I hope to solidly land a back tuck with my pompoms during a basketball game," she said.
A back tuck is basically like a backflip but with no hands and the athlete tucks in their knees while at the same time touching their knee with their hands during the flip.
Richardson is thankful for the opportunity to cheer at games and participate in events throughout the community, she said.
The team participates in community service as well, cheering for different community events as well as just helping the Johnson City community.
Once Richardson concludes her cheerleading career at ETSU, she plans to aid others in the pursuit of cheerleading.
"I plan on continuing to help other girls in succeeding in cheerleading by coaching," she said.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
- Student tickets go quickly for first football game
- Victory from within at ETSU
- Arts Initiative generates community enthusiasm
- Men’s soccer ends exhibition play with win
- Women’s volleyball predicted to have outstanding season
- Search ongoing for starting quarterback
- Football program boasts memorable history
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Don't Miss a Beat: Tips for Enjoying a Live Concert
- Tips to Enjoy Pest-Free Camping This Summer
- Los Hispanos Predominan En El Mercado De Regreso a Clases...
- Chiropractors Offer Advice to Those With Diabetes
- Waste and Recycling Jobs: Opportunities Are Plentiful
- Landfills: An Unexpected Source of Renewable Energy
- The Best Accessories are Easy, Convenient and Portable
- The Latest Buzz Phrase in Health Care
- Content Agency Promises the Best Bang for Your...
- The Best Accessories for Going Swimming
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Five Tips for Making Your Dorm Room Feel Like Home
- Tinder Reveals Top 50 U.S. College Campuses with Most Popular Men and Women
- Little Known Tips to Pay Less at College Bookstores
- 18-25 Years Old? EARN $80 IN 90 MINUTES for Participating in Research Study
- truth® CELEBRATES SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY MOVE TO TOBACCO-FREE