Mini-Dome features many quirky advantages
The Mini-Dome is a terrible basketball gym, but was a fun quirky, unique, venue to watch a football game.
Yes, the dome has its problems, but its centrally located, no one else has one, and advances in turf eliminate many of the problems the old turf had, namely that it was hard and gave players viscous rug burns. Yes, it was tough to see the near sideline, but from the first few rows you could hear the coach call the plays, and really felt close to the action.
As a basketball gym, almost half the seats are unusable, the lighting is odd, etc.
Furthermore, games at Freedom Hall were well-received by the community and seen as a success by all involved.
Finally, by saving the cost of building from scratch, the athletic department would be well funded to provide top-notch practice and training facilities and all the perks that help recruiting.
- Ray Bennett
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More East Tennessean News Articles
Recent East Tennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
RECENT EAST TENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest