App informs students of open parking on campus
ETSU Students are now able to check for open parking spaces on campus with their smartphones.
Students are able to download the Streetline application to any smartphone, which has a map and shows how many parking spaces are free in each parking lot on campus.
The application does not include faculty and staff spaces.
"This is exclusively for students," said Karen King, co-chair of the ETSU Technology Access Fee Advisory Committee.
The Streetline application shows the number of parking spaces available in each lot at a glance.
Each lot is color-coded according to how many spaces are available in it.
The color code ranges from green, meaning many parking spaces available, to orange, meaning little or no spaces available.
King said that each student parking space on campus has a censor embedded into it that tells the application which parking spots are open.
The orange cones that have popped up on campus are also part of the new parking system.
"That's to direct the traffic so they can accurately count the number of spaces in the parking lot," she said.
King also said that she hopes to work to get the parking lots renamed because most students are unfamiliar with the numbers that currently name each parking lot.
King says that the application is available now, but the TAF Committee is still working on making the application more accessible for students.
"It'll come to the ETSU app when it's live and working properly," King said.
The parking garage also has this feature, with a sign outside of it showing the number of spots available on each of its four levels.
King said that she hopes the application will be able to be accessed through the ETSU application by next week. It is free to download from the App Store and Android Market.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More East Tennessean News Articles
Recent East Tennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
- Freshman admission rises from last year
- SGA president vetoes Sex Week legislation
- SGA wanted to keep BUC Fund
- Be grateful for those around you
- Don’t settle because you’re scared to fail and do your best in all...
- Semicolons teach a special lesson
- University’s commitment to a dry campus is a joke to students
RECENT EAST TENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
- Where the Jobs Are: Why Relocating May Be the Best Option
- Value of Education Brings Success Among Unique Student...
- Is Faith Really a Good Thing?
- Are Workers Taking Enough Time to Understand Their...
- Save Now With Proven High-Efficiency Gas Wall-Hung Boiler
- Some Jobs Really Are a Pain in the Back
- Are Your Investments Doomed by Overfunded Public Markets?
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!
- Leading Digital Strategists Transform Digital Marketing In Business and Academia
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR TO VISIT SEVEN CAMPUSES ACROSS THE COUNTRY, ENGAGING STUDENTS TO COMBAT DISCRIMINATION AND DATING ABUSE
- OH HONEY ARE “SINCERELY YOURS” WITH NEW EP // HONDA CIVIC TOUR
- Mercedes-Benz Financial Services wants you to help “Drive Our Future”