ETSU dominates Ospreys on Senior Night
Senior guard Shawn Randall saved her season best for her final game inside the ETSU/MSHA Athletics Center with a game and season-high 19 points in ETSU's dominant, 76-41, victory over the North Florida Ospreys on Saturday evening.
With the win, ETSU improves to 9-18 overall and 5-11 in the Atlantic Sun; while North Florida drops to 5-22 on the season and 1-15 in league play. Hoping to send Randall out on a winning note on her Senior Night, the Blue & Gold came out energized from the jump.
A three-pointer by UNF with time winding down in the period reduced ETSU's advantage to 38-20 going into halftime.
The Blue & Gold's dominance carried over to the second half where it did not relinquish a lead of less than 20 points for the duration of the contest. ETSU's efficient offence and lock-down defense culminated into the Bucs pushing their advantage over 30 points with six minutes to go on a lay-in by Serena Clark. Down the stretch, the Blue & Gold continued to separate from the Ospreys, resulting in a 76-41 ETSU victory.
ETSU was led by 19 points from both junior Clark and lone-departing senior Randall. The Bucs also got 14 points - all in the first half - from freshman guard Shamauria Bridges, including a season-high tying four made three-pointers. North Florida featured one player in double-figures with Brittney Wright adding 13 points.
Shooting a season-high 52 percent from the field, the Blue & Gold also got it done from behind the arc at 43 percent, as well as from the free-throw line with a perfect 10-of-10 makes.
Once again, the victorious Bucs were a problem in the paint for UNF as they produced 36 points.
ETSU also dominated the Ospreys on the boards (42-27) and turned 12 offensive rebounds into 13 second-chance points. In addition, the Blue & Gold turned North Florida over 14 times, resulting in 16 points, and got 13 points from its bench.
The Bucs will end the regular season on the road; beginning first with a trip to Nashville to take on the Lipscomb Lady Bisons on March 6 at 7 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More East Tennessean News Articles
Recent East Tennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
- Freshman admission rises from last year
- SGA president vetoes Sex Week legislation
- SGA wanted to keep BUC Fund
- Be grateful for those around you
- Don’t settle because you’re scared to fail and do your best in all...
- Semicolons teach a special lesson
- University’s commitment to a dry campus is a joke to students
RECENT EAST TENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
- Where the Jobs Are: Why Relocating May Be the Best Option
- Value of Education Brings Success Among Unique Student...
- Is Faith Really a Good Thing?
- Are Workers Taking Enough Time to Understand Their...
- Save Now With Proven High-Efficiency Gas Wall-Hung Boiler
- Some Jobs Really Are a Pain in the Back
- Are Your Investments Doomed by Overfunded Public Markets?
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!
- Leading Digital Strategists Transform Digital Marketing In Business and Academia
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR TO VISIT SEVEN CAMPUSES ACROSS THE COUNTRY, ENGAGING STUDENTS TO COMBAT DISCRIMINATION AND DATING ABUSE
- OH HONEY ARE “SINCERELY YOURS” WITH NEW EP // HONDA CIVIC TOUR
- Mercedes-Benz Financial Services wants you to help “Drive Our Future”