ETSU dominates Ospreys on Senior Night
Senior guard Shawn Randall saved her season best for her final game inside the ETSU/MSHA Athletics Center with a game and season-high 19 points in ETSU's dominant, 76-41, victory over the North Florida Ospreys on Saturday evening.
With the win, ETSU improves to 9-18 overall and 5-11 in the Atlantic Sun; while North Florida drops to 5-22 on the season and 1-15 in league play. Hoping to send Randall out on a winning note on her Senior Night, the Blue & Gold came out energized from the jump.
A three-pointer by UNF with time winding down in the period reduced ETSU's advantage to 38-20 going into halftime.
The Blue & Gold's dominance carried over to the second half where it did not relinquish a lead of less than 20 points for the duration of the contest. ETSU's efficient offence and lock-down defense culminated into the Bucs pushing their advantage over 30 points with six minutes to go on a lay-in by Serena Clark. Down the stretch, the Blue & Gold continued to separate from the Ospreys, resulting in a 76-41 ETSU victory.
ETSU was led by 19 points from both junior Clark and lone-departing senior Randall. The Bucs also got 14 points - all in the first half - from freshman guard Shamauria Bridges, including a season-high tying four made three-pointers. North Florida featured one player in double-figures with Brittney Wright adding 13 points.
Shooting a season-high 52 percent from the field, the Blue & Gold also got it done from behind the arc at 43 percent, as well as from the free-throw line with a perfect 10-of-10 makes.
Once again, the victorious Bucs were a problem in the paint for UNF as they produced 36 points.
ETSU also dominated the Ospreys on the boards (42-27) and turned 12 offensive rebounds into 13 second-chance points. In addition, the Blue & Gold turned North Florida over 14 times, resulting in 16 points, and got 13 points from its bench.
The Bucs will end the regular season on the road; beginning first with a trip to Nashville to take on the Lipscomb Lady Bisons on March 6 at 7 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
- ETSU Farmers’ Market seeks musicians for upcoming season
- Guitarist will perform at ETSU
- 14 students attend open forums about Culp renovation
- Senate passes resolution allowing students to write on office window
- ETSU tennis team 2-0 in Southern Conference
- Lady Bucs end season with loss to NC State
- ETSU announces stadium location
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- How to Make Outdoor Spaces as Beautiful and Comfortable...
- Railway Emergency Training Keeps Responders on Track
- 6 Myths About Pet Allergies
- Medical Cannabis Is Growing Like, Well, a Weed
- 6 Common Myths About Pet Allergies
- 5 Things You Don't Know About Superbugs
- BrainStormers: Backyard DIY Inventors Tackle Weather,...
- 4 Surprising Tips You Need to Know Before Buying or...
- What Does It Mean to File a Tax Extension?
- 8 consejos para que las personas de la tercera edad...