STOP SHOVING YOUR HOMOSEXUAL AGENDA DOWN MY THROAT
Dear Editor,It is amazing to me that pro-Gay rights folks fail to see their own closed-mindedness. It seems to me that individuals with a liberal ideology are open-minded so long as others agree with them. Those with a "religious" worldview are called upon to not "push" their beliefs on others; however, I can't help but think that Marianne and others want to "push" their belief system onto everyone else. These are the same kind of people that want to teach my children from the book Heather Has Two Mommies. It seems that Marianne, and other like her, expect us to reject God and our belief system so that we can give homosexuals a psychological boost. Should we turn away from our beliefs so that homosexuals feel accepted even though they are practicing a deviant lifestyle?
Marianne's level of ignorance regarding religion is mind blowing. In actually, Catholics, Protestants, non-Protestants, and people form all sorts of religious backgrounds view homosexuality as a deviant lifestyle for a variety of reasons. One reason is because God condemns it. As Marianne mentioned, God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because of its wickedness. Even if he did not condemn the cities because of homosexuality alone, the passage still makes it clear that God views the practice as "wicked" (Genesis 19). 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 (NIV) reads, "Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."
The Biblical argument against homosexuality carries much more weight that an argument based upon feeling, or Sociology. The Biblical argument at least has a basis in antiquity. The Bible stands for itself as being an accurate historical record. Abraham and Lot (the one that lived in Sodom) came from Ur of the Chaldeans (Gen 11:28 NIV) which was known earlier as Sumer, the first civilization, and the place that people began to read and write. Abraham was born around 2165 BC. Followers of Judaism, Christianity and Islam trace their roots to him. Therefore, there is a historical basis for our belief system and it is not subject to change based upon a belief system that you are pulling out of the air.
Another reason that people with a "religious" worldview reject homosexuality is because it doesn't fit with natural law. Dr. Laura Schlessinger (Jewish) took a great deal of heat sometime back for saying that homosexuality was a biological error. However, I think that there could be some truth to the statement, because homosexuals can't reproduce. As some have said before, "God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve." Even if you approach the subject as an Atheist, you must admit that homosexuality doesn't fit with natural selection.
Another reason that many people reject homosexuality and the homosexual agenda is because the argument itself is unreasonable. The arguments that are made in support of homosexuality could also be made for all kinds of deviant behavior. Should we abandon all convictions, and all morality? Should we accept, as the Man Boy Love Association suggests, sexual relations between men and boys, as long as they love each other? What about sex with animals? Isn't that okay too, as long as a woman really loves her horse? What if people started saying that adults should have sex with children to help them not have sexual hang-ups when they are grownups? After all, they would just be looking out for the best interest of the child. If you think that this is extreme, why? How is this sort of reasoning different from yours? All kinds of things have been practiced through the ages, even since the days of Sodom and Gomorrah (4000 BC).
It isn't a matter of hate, or a matter of fear. I don't hate homosexuals, and I'm not afraid of them. It's a matter of morality and conviction. I don't hate homosexuals, prostitutes, or anyone else. Jesus (God in the flesh) died on the cross for the sins of the world, including homosexuals, and the Bible says that anyone that accepts His sacrifice for their sins can have a new life (John 3:16). It is my desire that everyone come to know Him; however, I really wish that the pro-Gay crowd would stop trying to shove their beliefs down my throat.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
- Inclement weather makes it possible for editor to spend more time with...
- Bucs end regular season with loss to Mercer
- ETSU split wins with visiting Butler
- Tennis dominates Tennessee Tech in convincing style
- Program aims to aid people in recovery from eating disorders
- Storytelling department performs for NEDA week
- Grant proposal deadline approaches
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Giving the Elderly a Lift -- In Their Home
- 4-H Grown: Alumni Asked to Stand Up and Support STEM...
- Haven't Tried Sardines? Try These
- Weatherizing Your Home Can Mean Big Benefits
- 10 Tips to Stay Safe During Spring Break
- 10 Tips for Staying Safe During Spring Break
- 3 Things to Know Before Ride-Booking a Car
- For Advanced Heart Failure Patients, There Is Hope
- Bringing Chiropractic to the Little League
- Singapore Pastor Kong Hee Maintains Innocence, Gains...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Potential health risks of hookah smoking are being overlooked by users
- Study Finds College-age Millennials Hopeful for the Future, Worry about Student Loans and Overspending
- RetailMeNot Helps Students Save Money on Spring Break Travel
- Visit Virtual Study Abroad Fair on February 25 to explore study abroad options and win prizes
- Students kill three birds with one stone