Softball suffers pair of setbacks to Stetson University
The ETSU softball team was unable to pick up a win Saturday, falling twice to Stetson and its high-powered offense in league play.
The Buccaneers (11-14, 1-7) stumbled out of the gate Saturday, allowing a combined 29 hits on the day en route to a pair of losses to Stetson.
In the opening game, nine of the Hatters' (20-5, 5-2) first ten batters reached base safely, leading to an eight-run first inning which included a grand slam by Courtney Brandt.
Stetson would go on to win Game One of Saturday's double-header, 12-3, before taking Game Two in similar fashion, 11-3.
On the day, junior Nicole Fox went 3-for-6 from the plate, scoring two runs, and swiping three bases. Fox leads the Bucs with 11 steals on the season, having been caught stealing just once.
Freshman Danielle Knoetze enjoyed a solid day, both at the plate and in the field, going a combined 2-for-5 with one RBI and completing a putout on an impressive fielding play in the third inning of Game One.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More East Tennessean News Articles
Recent East Tennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
RECENT EAST TENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit