ETSU beats Lipscomb, 6-0, to remain unbeaten in A-Sun play
The ETSU men's tennis team extended its season-best win streak to six matches Saturday, defeating Lipscomb, 6-0, on the road.
One day after notching a commanding 7-0 win at Northern Kentucky, the Buccaneers (9-8, 4-0) picked up right where they left off, winning all six singles points versus Lipscomb, including a come-from-behind win by Ismael Merino at No. 5 singles.
"It was a great weekend for the Bucs," ETSU head coach Yaser Zaatini said. "We played a pretty solid pair of matches this weekend. The guys kept their composure and competed extremely well. Again, there are some areas that need attention and improvement, but overall, we played fairly well collectively."
Merino and Sebastian Yllera have each won four consecutive singles matches.
While senior Roger Ordeig has found the win column in a team-best five consecutive matches.
Meanwhile, freshman David Biosca clinched his third straight win at No. 1 singles, knocking off Lipscomb's Rob Mitchell, 6-3, 6-3.
The Buccaneers, who entered the weekend tied with Kennesaw State for first place in the Atlantic Sun, will continue league play Friday, March 28 when they visit North Florida in Jacksonville, Fla.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
- ETSU officials say university will focus on preventing sexual assaults
- University selects new dean of students
- Ohio parents’ beliefs cost daughter her life
- SGA president discusses issues of importance
- ‘Do One Thing’ helps environment; monument meant to inspire students to...
- Guest pianist Myer will play at ETSU
- Lady Bucs are 3-0 in conference with win against UNCG Spartans
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
- How to Be More Productive During Your Business Flights
- It's Never too Late to Start Living Healthy
- Revive tus objetivos de verte saludable en 2015
- Debunking Common Tax-Filing Myths
- With Help From Chile, Blueberries Stay Fresh All Winter
- Small Fixtures Make a Big Design Impact
- Keeping the Workplace in Proper Alignment
- 5 Seasonal Invaders and How to Keep Them Out in the Cold
- Not Just a Man's World, Female Entrepreneurs Are Making...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- ASCO Numatics Announces 2015 Industrial Automation Engineering Scholarships
- Coffee Club Goes Viral With Members Earning Free Starbucks Cards
- UniversitySpot.com Introduces Extensive, Curated List of Free Online Courses for Winter 2015
- NEEBO COLLEGE TEXTBOOK SAVINGS TIP: SELL EARLY, BUY EARLY AND SAVE BIG
- Draper University's Tim Draper Hosts YouNoodle Live Featuring Student Entrepreneurs From Around The World