ETSU beats Lipscomb, 6-0, to remain unbeaten in A-Sun play
The ETSU men's tennis team extended its season-best win streak to six matches Saturday, defeating Lipscomb, 6-0, on the road.
One day after notching a commanding 7-0 win at Northern Kentucky, the Buccaneers (9-8, 4-0) picked up right where they left off, winning all six singles points versus Lipscomb, including a come-from-behind win by Ismael Merino at No. 5 singles.
"It was a great weekend for the Bucs," ETSU head coach Yaser Zaatini said. "We played a pretty solid pair of matches this weekend. The guys kept their composure and competed extremely well. Again, there are some areas that need attention and improvement, but overall, we played fairly well collectively."
Merino and Sebastian Yllera have each won four consecutive singles matches.
While senior Roger Ordeig has found the win column in a team-best five consecutive matches.
Meanwhile, freshman David Biosca clinched his third straight win at No. 1 singles, knocking off Lipscomb's Rob Mitchell, 6-3, 6-3.
The Buccaneers, who entered the weekend tied with Kennesaw State for first place in the Atlantic Sun, will continue league play Friday, March 28 when they visit North Florida in Jacksonville, Fla.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More East Tennessean News Articles
Recent East Tennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
RECENT EAST TENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care
- For Dwight Clark, the Catch Is Chiropractic Care