ETSU beats Lipscomb, 6-0, to remain unbeaten in A-Sun play
The ETSU men's tennis team extended its season-best win streak to six matches Saturday, defeating Lipscomb, 6-0, on the road.
One day after notching a commanding 7-0 win at Northern Kentucky, the Buccaneers (9-8, 4-0) picked up right where they left off, winning all six singles points versus Lipscomb, including a come-from-behind win by Ismael Merino at No. 5 singles.
"It was a great weekend for the Bucs," ETSU head coach Yaser Zaatini said. "We played a pretty solid pair of matches this weekend. The guys kept their composure and competed extremely well. Again, there are some areas that need attention and improvement, but overall, we played fairly well collectively."
Merino and Sebastian Yllera have each won four consecutive singles matches.
While senior Roger Ordeig has found the win column in a team-best five consecutive matches.
Meanwhile, freshman David Biosca clinched his third straight win at No. 1 singles, knocking off Lipscomb's Rob Mitchell, 6-3, 6-3.
The Buccaneers, who entered the weekend tied with Kennesaw State for first place in the Atlantic Sun, will continue league play Friday, March 28 when they visit North Florida in Jacksonville, Fla.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
- Kristjansson returns for final season on men’s golf team
- Undergrad student focuses on holistic medicine
- Willow Tree offers inviting atmosphere for students
- ETSU gears up for Culp renovations
- Parking services seeking student input
- SGA executive laments lack of legislation
- Tennessee Promise has slight effect on enrollment
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Could The Movie Studio be the Next Heavy Hitter?
- Can Insurance Companies Adapt to Today's Fast-Paced...
- Help Fund Your Favorite School Cause One Apple at a Time
- New TIPS Program Focuses on Preventing Youth Sports Injuries
- Don't Let Spooky Pests Haunt Your Home This Fall
- Weight Loss Procedure Hits a Nerve -- Literally
- Clues in the Attic: Pre-Winter Roof Checkups Made Easy
- Feeding Your Joints to Stay on the Move
- High Tech Pearls Are Captivating the Younger Jewelry...
- Making Halloween a Treat For Parents As Well As Kids