Civility Week theme announced
Spring is here and Civility Week is coming up.
With this being its third year on the ETSU campus, many new events are taking place.
SGA and other organizations have worked hard to plan some great upcoming events for this year.
"Our kick off event to Civility Week is 'Paint Your Peace,'" says Michael Wallace, the current president of SGA.
"Its an opportunity for organizations to show pride for their organizations as well as ETSU."
Organizations and clubs on campus would submit their very best logo design in the competition for a chance for it to be painted outside of the Culp Center in front of Carter Hall.
After Senator Cynthia Faircloth brought up the idea in a meeting, it was drafted and sent to legislation where it was later passed.
Each square would be 10 x 10 inches and only 32 of the best logos would be painted on the sidewalk.
Civility Week is also about uniting students with one another, while homecoming is known for its competitions and games among groups.
Civility Week's goal is to "encourage students with commensuration toward one another," says Wallace.
"We want more good vibes."
Other events for the week include MTV's "World of Jenks" star, Andrew Jenks.
As a filmmaker and inspirational speaker to young adults, Jenks' motivating words will encourage ETSU students to live Civility Week year round.
During Civility Week, campaigning for the running candidates will begin as well.
"It's a great time for the candidates to get out and meet other students, encourage Civility Week and to have fun," says Wallace.
Many great events and programs will be held during the week.
Unity Fest will take place on the lawn outside of the Culp Center as well as numerous other events that are posted around campus and online.
Civility week begins April 7 through 11.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More East Tennessean News Articles
Recent East Tennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
RECENT EAST TENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Cengage Learning and Flashnotes.com Form Strategic Partnership
- PAOLO NUTINI CELEBRATES U.S. RELEASE OF “CAUSTIC LOVE”
- CDA Launches New Digital Copper Learning Center
- Sierra Club Calls on University and College Students to Join the People’s Climate March
- College Students Are Signing Up With An Innovative New Social Network