Civility Week theme announced
Spring is here and Civility Week is coming up.
With this being its third year on the ETSU campus, many new events are taking place.
SGA and other organizations have worked hard to plan some great upcoming events for this year.
"Our kick off event to Civility Week is 'Paint Your Peace,'" says Michael Wallace, the current president of SGA.
"Its an opportunity for organizations to show pride for their organizations as well as ETSU."
Organizations and clubs on campus would submit their very best logo design in the competition for a chance for it to be painted outside of the Culp Center in front of Carter Hall.
After Senator Cynthia Faircloth brought up the idea in a meeting, it was drafted and sent to legislation where it was later passed.
Each square would be 10 x 10 inches and only 32 of the best logos would be painted on the sidewalk.
Civility Week is also about uniting students with one another, while homecoming is known for its competitions and games among groups.
Civility Week's goal is to "encourage students with commensuration toward one another," says Wallace.
"We want more good vibes."
Other events for the week include MTV's "World of Jenks" star, Andrew Jenks.
As a filmmaker and inspirational speaker to young adults, Jenks' motivating words will encourage ETSU students to live Civility Week year round.
During Civility Week, campaigning for the running candidates will begin as well.
"It's a great time for the candidates to get out and meet other students, encourage Civility Week and to have fun," says Wallace.
Many great events and programs will be held during the week.
Unity Fest will take place on the lawn outside of the Culp Center as well as numerous other events that are posted around campus and online.
Civility week begins April 7 through 11.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More East Tennessean News Articles
Recent East Tennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
- Freshman admission rises from last year
- SGA president vetoes Sex Week legislation
- SGA wanted to keep BUC Fund
- Be grateful for those around you
- Don’t settle because you’re scared to fail and do your best in all...
- Semicolons teach a special lesson
- University’s commitment to a dry campus is a joke to students
RECENT EAST TENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
- Where the Jobs Are: Why Relocating May Be the Best Option
- Value of Education Brings Success Among Unique Student...
- Is Faith Really a Good Thing?
- Are Workers Taking Enough Time to Understand Their...
- Save Now With Proven High-Efficiency Gas Wall-Hung Boiler
- Some Jobs Really Are a Pain in the Back
- Are Your Investments Doomed by Overfunded Public Markets?
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!
- Leading Digital Strategists Transform Digital Marketing In Business and Academia
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR TO VISIT SEVEN CAMPUSES ACROSS THE COUNTRY, ENGAGING STUDENTS TO COMBAT DISCRIMINATION AND DATING ABUSE
- OH HONEY ARE “SINCERELY YOURS” WITH NEW EP // HONDA CIVIC TOUR
- Mercedes-Benz Financial Services wants you to help “Drive Our Future”