ETSU to host Hunger Games
For those who don't know what the Hunger Games event is, the following is a brief explanation.
The Hunger Games take place in a dystopian society in which each of the twelve districts that make up the society must send one male and one female between the ages of 12 - 18 to the capital to fight to the death to be the last man or woman standing. The only way to win the Hunger Games is to kill off everyone else.
It's safe to say that the Hunger Games taking place on campus will be nothing like the one in the novel.
The Residence Hall Association will be hosting a much safer, but still challenging, version of the Hunger Games in which everyone lives.
This event will put organizations against each other and they will compete in mental and physical challenges until one organization comes out on top.
In order to compete, you must apply to be a tribute (the link can be found on the RHA's Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/groups/etsuRHA/), sign a waiver and be committed to attending and doing all necessary portions of the Hunger Games, such as getting a mentor and being there for the reaping, the process of choosing tributes.
There are several other rules, as set by the RHA:
1. Must be 18 or older
2. Must be enrolled as an ETSU student
3. Must sign a waiver before participating
4. Must have a mentor
5. Must attend pre-game meetings
6. Must be present at the reaping
7. Must be present at the games
8. All challenges are mandatory, if you lose a challenge you are out of the game
9. Going into buildings is prohibited
10. "Potty passes" are purchased by the mentor
11. Cell phone usage is limited to "Group Me"
12. Once the games start, the mentor cannot speak to the tribute unless okayed by RHA
13. No outside sources are allowed
14. Boundaries are strictly enforced
15. Alliances are encouraged, but not mandatory
The last day to apply to be a tribute is Tuesday March 25th. The reaping will be in front of Brook's Gym on March 26 at 4:45 p.m.
The official Hunger Games will begin on March 29 and end on March 30.
The Games will be outside, all night, in any kind of weather. While each tribute will be given some supplies, there will be other items like Nerf guns, shelter and food that will have to bought by each team through their mentor. It is up to each team to fundraise for these items.
All proceeds will go to Bucky's Food Pantry, which provides food, clothing or hygiene products for students on campus who are in need.
Current Items Available as determined by the RHA (more to be added):
Colored Water: $1
Protein/ Breakfast Bar: $2
Misc Snacks: $1
Nerf Guns vary in size and will be auctioned off as the best weapon of choice. The auction will start at a minimum of $10 per gun.
Nerf Gun Bullets: 5 for $1
Silly String: $3
Water Gun: $2, (keep in mind you must purchase colored water)
*This is the estimated cost for items; the Capitol (aka RHA) can change item costs at any time.
All challenges of the Hunger Games are mandatory. If a team loses a challenge, then they are out of the Games.
Good luck to all and may the odds be ever in your favor.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Avoiding Body Drought: Tips to Prevent Dehydration
- Tax-Savings Tips From Licensed Experts
- Not Leo DiCaprio? How to Cut Your Energy Bills Anyway
- Television Best Bets: Streaming Programs Worth Watching
- Modern Farming: Technology Helps Keep Food on the Table
- An End to Acid Reflux?
- How to Select a Contractor: Certification Counts With...
- Modern Landfills: Safe, Smart and Green
- Medicine Safety Reminders for Cold and Flu Season
- What It Takes to Get One of the Most In-Demand Jobs
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists
- 6 ‘Friendsgiving’ tips that won’t leave you stuffed
- PARAMORE UNVEIL EXPANDED DIGITAL EDITION OF BLOCKBUSTER FOURTH ALBUM
- MELANIE MARTINEZ ANNOUNCES THIRD LEG OF “DOLLHOUSE TOUR”
- Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Inc. Declared Winner of Voto Latino’s RepUrLetters Challenge