Location of ETSU football stadium being decided
Since it was announced that the East Tennessee State University's football team would be returning, some university students have been excited about the arrival of the sport.
"The whole football atmosphere is so fun," said student Molly Ellson. "I'm really looking forward to going to the games when the program launches in a couple of years."
When the university's football program ended in 2003, some members of both the campus community and the local community were sad to see it go. Now that the Buccaneers will be returning to a football field, the area's football-fantasized residents are eager for the first game.
"It's exciting to think that we'll be able to have a college football team in Johnson City again," said student Bryce Bateman.
Before the football program kicks off, several practical issues must be resolved. Some of the concerns being addressed are how much the stadium will cost, how the stadium will be paid for, and where the stadium will be located.
"The stadium is projected to cost $18 to $25 million depending on final seating size," said David Collins, vice president for Finance and Administration. "When the fee for football was approved, $25 per semester was designated as a facility fee to help build a facility.
"This will be used to support a $7.5 million bond issue to help with construction. The remainder of the funds will be coming from fundraising."
While the financial questions regarding the stadium are being solved, where the stadium will be located is still being decided.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
- ETSU Farmers’ Market seeks musicians for upcoming season
- Guitarist will perform at ETSU
- 14 students attend open forums about Culp renovation
- Senate passes resolution allowing students to write on office window
- ETSU tennis team 2-0 in Southern Conference
- Lady Bucs end season with loss to NC State
- ETSU announces stadium location
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Railway Emergency Training Keeps Responders on Track
- 6 Myths About Pet Allergies
- Medical Cannabis Is Growing Like, Well, a Weed
- 6 Common Myths About Pet Allergies
- 5 Things You Don't Know About Superbugs
- BrainStormers: Backyard DIY Inventors Tackle Weather,...
- 4 Surprising Tips You Need to Know Before Buying or...
- What Does It Mean to File a Tax Extension?
- 8 consejos para que las personas de la tercera edad...
- Buyer Beware: Termite Inspections a Necessity for Spring...