Football coach speaks on inaugural signing class
The East Tennessee State University Department of Intercollegiate Athletics announced the 2014 signing class for the university's football program.
ETSU Head Football Coach Carl Torbush spoke at an event Wednesday about the journey he and the signing class of 2014 are about to embark on.
Torbush signed 47 players to the football team, 35 of whom were recruited from Tennessee.
He also recruited from surrounding states and said that he expects to recruit an additional six or seven players within the next few weeks.
Torbush said that he tends to tailor his offensive strategies to his players' strengths and weaknesses, which usually translates to a spread offense.
As far as defense is concerned, Torbush said that he would be content with a 3-4 or a 4-3 and that the final decision would be made by Defensive Coordinator Billy Taylor and other player personnel.
Torbush went on to say that he did not specifically recruit players who have a great deal of experience playing a spread offense or a 3-4 or 4-3 defense.
Torbush said that he expects his quarter back to have the ability to operate outside of the pocket and requires his offensive and defensive lines to be comprised of players who are a decent size.
The re-establishment of the university's football
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More East Tennessean News Articles
Recent East Tennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
RECENT EAST TENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Raising Autism Awareness for Better Lives
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?