Football coach speaks on inaugural signing class
The East Tennessee State University Department of Intercollegiate Athletics announced the 2014 signing class for the university's football program.
ETSU Head Football Coach Carl Torbush spoke at an event Wednesday about the journey he and the signing class of 2014 are about to embark on.
Torbush signed 47 players to the football team, 35 of whom were recruited from Tennessee.
He also recruited from surrounding states and said that he expects to recruit an additional six or seven players within the next few weeks.
Torbush said that he tends to tailor his offensive strategies to his players' strengths and weaknesses, which usually translates to a spread offense.
As far as defense is concerned, Torbush said that he would be content with a 3-4 or a 4-3 and that the final decision would be made by Defensive Coordinator Billy Taylor and other player personnel.
Torbush went on to say that he did not specifically recruit players who have a great deal of experience playing a spread offense or a 3-4 or 4-3 defense.
Torbush said that he expects his quarter back to have the ability to operate outside of the pocket and requires his offensive and defensive lines to be comprised of players who are a decent size.
The re-establishment of the university's football
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More East Tennessean News Articles
Recent East Tennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
RECENT EAST TENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care