Football coach speaks on inaugural signing class
The East Tennessee State University Department of Intercollegiate Athletics announced the 2014 signing class for the university's football program.
ETSU Head Football Coach Carl Torbush spoke at an event Wednesday about the journey he and the signing class of 2014 are about to embark on.
Torbush signed 47 players to the football team, 35 of whom were recruited from Tennessee.
He also recruited from surrounding states and said that he expects to recruit an additional six or seven players within the next few weeks.
Torbush said that he tends to tailor his offensive strategies to his players' strengths and weaknesses, which usually translates to a spread offense.
As far as defense is concerned, Torbush said that he would be content with a 3-4 or a 4-3 and that the final decision would be made by Defensive Coordinator Billy Taylor and other player personnel.
Torbush went on to say that he did not specifically recruit players who have a great deal of experience playing a spread offense or a 3-4 or 4-3 defense.
Torbush said that he expects his quarter back to have the ability to operate outside of the pocket and requires his offensive and defensive lines to be comprised of players who are a decent size.
The re-establishment of the university's football
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
- Online magazine promotes healthy habits
- Buctainment co-sponsorship of campus events garners greater event attention
- Charles Towne Belles inspires faith
- New exhibitions coming to Reece
- Club soccer team begins at ETSU
- Oshoniyi coaches in 2015 adidas MLS Combine
- I ate my roommate’s girlfriend’s candy, he cried
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- LED Technology Helping People See The World in a Whole...
- Ice Dams Put Homes at Risk for Termites
- 5 Tips to Having a Happy, Healthy Heart
- What Does Million in IRS Budget Cuts Mean for Taxpayers?
- Workers Say a Good Cup of Coffee Can Make Entire Workday...
- Fresh Fruit Delivers Fun and Nutrition
- Say No to the Knife: Reduce the Likeliness Of Surgery...
- Give Your Kitchen a New Look With a Lighting Update
- Garden Project Spreads Its Roots in Urban Areas
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- WHOLE YOU CHALLENGES THE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY AND PUBLIC TO HELP FIND SOLUTIONS FOR THOSE WITH ORAL AND VISION LIMITATIONS
- 10 Reasons Why Cancun is the Spring Break Mecca of the World
- What's Next in Learning Spaces?
- carpooling, Europe's No. 1 ridesharing app, debuts in U.S. to college market
- PwC US Launches CareerAdvisor