'Saved by the Smell'
Teen star 'Screech' does porn
Pick up the phone, even if you don't recognize the number; it could be a nice surprise. sxc.hu
There are so many moves that gigolos of the world have made famous: the "Philly Fake Out," "Angry Pirate," "Dirty Pelican," "Hot Lunch," "Houdini" and so many more, but now one move will forever be synonymous with Samuel "Screech" Powers (Dustin Diamond) - the "Dirty Sanchez."
Yes, the wee geeky lad with briar patch hair we once watched as children on NBC's "Saved by the Bell" is joining the ranks of such illustrious stars as Tommy Lee, Paris Hilton, Colin Farrell and Chyna with his very own sex tape. Diamond allegedly performs the "Dirty Sanchez" while making sweet dirty Screech love to two women at once.
One must wonder if Diamond, in an effort to shed the Screech typecast that has been following him around for years, didn't leak the tape himself. And why not - it helped Jessie Spano (Elizabeth Berkley) in 1996 when she appeared boobs-a-blazing in "Showgirls."
This may change the way many view syndicated or DVD episodes of "Saved by the Bell" just like viewing "He-man and the Masters of the Universe" as an adult will ruin your childhood, as there were more homoerotic moments in MOTU than in "Brokeback Mountain. "
However, it really shouldn't change anyone's view of "Saved by the Bell" or be that surprising. It seems as if child actors have a chance to do one of two things after their 15 minutes are up - fade into obscurity or commit some atrociously heinous act that thrusts them back into the spotlight merely for shits and giggles.
Diamond obviously chose the latter of the two options with the making of this sex tape - but really I think we should be happy for the guy considering he accomplished what many men only dream of and what his Screech character would have never accomplished - getting laid by two girls at the same time!
At least he didn't take the path of Corey Haim and developed a well-publicized drug habit or almost die from anorexia like Tracey Gold ("Growing Pains") or go gay like Danny Pintauro ("Who's the Boss"). But honestly, were you surprised when he came out?
Diamond will probably never be able to outrun the shadow of "Screech" or even distance himself from it, but with this sex tape a little bit of the spotlight will shine on Diamond for a moment more and maybe, just maybe, the sex tape, with the working title "Saved by the Smell," will boost Diamond's new sitcom "The Knights of Prosperity" like Hilton's sex tape did when it was released before her reality show "The Simple Life."
If not, maybe Diamond will finally choose the other option and fade into obscurity.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
- ETSU Farmers’ Market seeks musicians for upcoming season
- Guitarist will perform at ETSU
- 14 students attend open forums about Culp renovation
- Senate passes resolution allowing students to write on office window
- ETSU tennis team 2-0 in Southern Conference
- Lady Bucs end season with loss to NC State
- ETSU announces stadium location
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Railway Emergency Training Keeps Responders on Track
- 6 Myths About Pet Allergies
- Medical Cannabis Is Growing Like, Well, a Weed
- 6 Common Myths About Pet Allergies
- 5 Things You Don't Know About Superbugs
- BrainStormers: Backyard DIY Inventors Tackle Weather,...
- 4 Surprising Tips You Need to Know Before Buying or...
- What Does It Mean to File a Tax Extension?
- 8 consejos para que las personas de la tercera edad...
- Buyer Beware: Termite Inspections a Necessity for Spring...