ETSU football motion gets passed
Student Government Association voted today to approve a resolution of support for restarting the football program at East Tennessee State University.
After one hour of discussion, the resolution went to a vote. With a majority vote of 22-5 with one abstention, the SGA senate approved the resolution.
The resolution, SSR 13-015, now calls for ETSU President Brian Noland to move forward with the support of students in the endeavor of developing a football program.
The piece of legislation indicates a $125 per semester increase in student fees will be the source of funding for the development of the football program.
This was just part of the process, according to Richard Sander, director of Intercollegiate Athletics.
"It's exciting, the students ... spent a lot of time and energy and did a great job at researching the issue," Sander said.
(More to come Thursday)
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
- ETSU Farmers’ Market seeks musicians for upcoming season
- Guitarist will perform at ETSU
- 14 students attend open forums about Culp renovation
- Senate passes resolution allowing students to write on office window
- ETSU tennis team 2-0 in Southern Conference
- Lady Bucs end season with loss to NC State
- ETSU announces stadium location
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- How to Make Outdoor Spaces as Beautiful and Comfortable...
- Railway Emergency Training Keeps Responders on Track
- 6 Myths About Pet Allergies
- Medical Cannabis Is Growing Like, Well, a Weed
- 6 Common Myths About Pet Allergies
- 5 Things You Don't Know About Superbugs
- BrainStormers: Backyard DIY Inventors Tackle Weather,...
- 4 Surprising Tips You Need to Know Before Buying or...
- What Does It Mean to File a Tax Extension?
- 8 consejos para que las personas de la tercera edad...