ETSU football motion gets passed
Student Government Association voted today to approve a resolution of support for restarting the football program at East Tennessee State University.
After one hour of discussion, the resolution went to a vote. With a majority vote of 22-5 with one abstention, the SGA senate approved the resolution.
The resolution, SSR 13-015, now calls for ETSU President Brian Noland to move forward with the support of students in the endeavor of developing a football program.
The piece of legislation indicates a $125 per semester increase in student fees will be the source of funding for the development of the football program.
This was just part of the process, according to Richard Sander, director of Intercollegiate Athletics.
"It's exciting, the students ... spent a lot of time and energy and did a great job at researching the issue," Sander said.
(More to come Thursday)
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent East Tennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
RECENT EAST TENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit