BoomBox to play at the Galaxy Lounge
The band BoomBox will be making a stop at Johnson City's Galaxy Lounge on March 13 as they embark on their winter tour.
BoomBox is a funk band comprised of longtime friends Russ Randolph and Zion Rock Godchaux. Both performers are versatile, their talents ranging from DJs to instrumentalists to songwriters.
Their music is best described as kind of an airy funk. They synthesize and DJ new beats while pulling from more traditional rock and blues influences. Ultimately, they specialize in music that makes people dance.
BoomBox shows are a mixture of live instruments and synthesized programs. "It's all natural, it's all in real time," says Godchaux, "and that's why it's Rock 'n' Roll."
BoomBox shows involve a great deal of crowd participation, creating an atmosphere that varies with each performance. In a method similar to that of the White Stripes, they create their set as they play. This allows them to react to the crowd. "We just want to go out with no game plan," says Randolph. "That way it's fresh for us, and we can follow the energy of the crowd. We're down to get down, and we hope that people are down with us."
BoomBox has seen a fair amount of success between their first album, "Visions of Backbeat," (known for its track, "Stereo") and their sophomore album, "Downriverelectric." Currently on the eve of a new album, BoomBox hopes to continue improving with every release.
Prior to the show, BoomBox will be giving away two free tickets to their show at the Galaxy Lounge.
By logging into Facebook, joining the BoomBox concert event at the Galaxy Lounge, commenting on the event and inviting friends to the event, one lucky winner will receive the free tickets. The winner will be announced the week of the performance.
For more information about BoomBox, check out their website thisisboombox.com. If you look them up on Spotify, take note that their discography is mixed with a hip-hop band also named BoomBox.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
- University cleared after being accused of research missteps, plans to improve
- The Jubilee solution will eliminate the student loan crisis
- SGA has insight for students
- Public safety waiting for info on sexual assaults
- Halloween movies to impress moviegoers
- Defining your measure of worth
- Small groups can turn into big voices
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Skydiving Vikings to Deliver Minnesota's Game Ball
- IRS Warns Taxpayers of Latest Phone Fraud Scam
- Putting Your Vacation Home to Work for You
- Finding Answers to Growing Concerns About Water Fluoridation
- Empowering People to Regain Their Mobility
- On-Site Workplace Health Clinics Emphasize Chiropractic Care
- 5 Important Tips for Choosing a Medicare Health Plan
- Welcome Your Holiday Guests With Inviting Lighting
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- College women switching to Sobrr this Halloween as the best app for fun -- and finding soul mates.
- Win $1,000 to Study Abroad in Italy. The ItaliaRail Study Abroad in Italy Scholarship for Spring 2015 is now accepting applications.
- 7 Tips for Scoring a Tailgating Touchdown
- Renowned Engineer Ric Bradshaw Conducts Fujifilm-Sponsored Campus Tour on Tape Technology
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!