BoomBox to play at the Galaxy Lounge
The band BoomBox will be making a stop at Johnson City's Galaxy Lounge on March 13 as they embark on their winter tour.
BoomBox is a funk band comprised of longtime friends Russ Randolph and Zion Rock Godchaux. Both performers are versatile, their talents ranging from DJs to instrumentalists to songwriters.
Their music is best described as kind of an airy funk. They synthesize and DJ new beats while pulling from more traditional rock and blues influences. Ultimately, they specialize in music that makes people dance.
BoomBox shows are a mixture of live instruments and synthesized programs. "It's all natural, it's all in real time," says Godchaux, "and that's why it's Rock 'n' Roll."
BoomBox shows involve a great deal of crowd participation, creating an atmosphere that varies with each performance. In a method similar to that of the White Stripes, they create their set as they play. This allows them to react to the crowd. "We just want to go out with no game plan," says Randolph. "That way it's fresh for us, and we can follow the energy of the crowd. We're down to get down, and we hope that people are down with us."
BoomBox has seen a fair amount of success between their first album, "Visions of Backbeat," (known for its track, "Stereo") and their sophomore album, "Downriverelectric." Currently on the eve of a new album, BoomBox hopes to continue improving with every release.
Prior to the show, BoomBox will be giving away two free tickets to their show at the Galaxy Lounge.
By logging into Facebook, joining the BoomBox concert event at the Galaxy Lounge, commenting on the event and inviting friends to the event, one lucky winner will receive the free tickets. The winner will be announced the week of the performance.
For more information about BoomBox, check out their website thisisboombox.com. If you look them up on Spotify, take note that their discography is mixed with a hip-hop band also named BoomBox.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
- ETSU hosts Quidditch tournament
- Pianist makes connection between music, wellness
- System recognizes gender spectrum
- ETSU Pride Band opens for Krüger Brothers
- Inclement weather makes it possible for editor to spend more time with...
- RTVF students to present original films
- Bucs end regular season with loss to Mercer
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Beat the Crowds: Visit Europe During the Shoulder Seasons
- Building a Better Bridge From Hospital to Home Health Care
- 8 Tips to Selecting Colors for Your Home's Exterior
- This Year, Make a Goal to Contribute More to Your 401(k)
- Giving the Elderly a Lift -- In Their Home
- 4-H Grown: Alumni Asked to Stand Up and Support STEM...
- Haven't Tried Sardines? Try These
- Weatherizing Your Home Can Mean Big Benefits
- 10 Tips to Stay Safe During Spring Break
- 10 Tips for Staying Safe During Spring Break
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Rescue your Spring Break with new app dubbed the "Uber of Roadside Assistance"
- First Lady Michelle Obama and the Peace Corps Join Together to Expand Girls' Education
- Potential health risks of hookah smoking are being overlooked by users
- Study Finds College-age Millennials Hopeful for the Future, Worry about Student Loans and Overspending
- RetailMeNot Helps Students Save Money on Spring Break Travel