BoomBox to play at the Galaxy Lounge
The band BoomBox will be making a stop at Johnson City's Galaxy Lounge on March 13 as they embark on their winter tour.
BoomBox is a funk band comprised of longtime friends Russ Randolph and Zion Rock Godchaux. Both performers are versatile, their talents ranging from DJs to instrumentalists to songwriters.
Their music is best described as kind of an airy funk. They synthesize and DJ new beats while pulling from more traditional rock and blues influences. Ultimately, they specialize in music that makes people dance.
BoomBox shows are a mixture of live instruments and synthesized programs. "It's all natural, it's all in real time," says Godchaux, "and that's why it's Rock 'n' Roll."
BoomBox shows involve a great deal of crowd participation, creating an atmosphere that varies with each performance. In a method similar to that of the White Stripes, they create their set as they play. This allows them to react to the crowd. "We just want to go out with no game plan," says Randolph. "That way it's fresh for us, and we can follow the energy of the crowd. We're down to get down, and we hope that people are down with us."
BoomBox has seen a fair amount of success between their first album, "Visions of Backbeat," (known for its track, "Stereo") and their sophomore album, "Downriverelectric." Currently on the eve of a new album, BoomBox hopes to continue improving with every release.
Prior to the show, BoomBox will be giving away two free tickets to their show at the Galaxy Lounge.
By logging into Facebook, joining the BoomBox concert event at the Galaxy Lounge, commenting on the event and inviting friends to the event, one lucky winner will receive the free tickets. The winner will be announced the week of the performance.
For more information about BoomBox, check out their website thisisboombox.com. If you look them up on Spotify, take note that their discography is mixed with a hip-hop band also named BoomBox.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
- ETSU screening travelers to countries with known Ebola outbreaks
- ETSU appoints director of Veterans Affairs
- Organizers finalize Sex Week preparations
- ‘Selma’ mirrors controversies in modern America
- Johnson City Community Theatre will hold auditions for RENT Feb. 15 and 16
- Women’s Studies announces spring Women on Wednesdays lineup
- Lady Bucs conquer Lady Terriers, 69-47
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
- How to Be More Productive During Your Business Flights
- It's Never too Late to Start Living Healthy
- Revive tus objetivos de verte saludable en 2015
- Debunking Common Tax-Filing Myths
- With Help From Chile, Blueberries Stay Fresh All Winter
- Small Fixtures Make a Big Design Impact
- Keeping the Workplace in Proper Alignment
- 5 Seasonal Invaders and How to Keep Them Out in the Cold
- Not Just a Man's World, Female Entrepreneurs Are Making...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- ASCO Numatics Announces 2015 Industrial Automation Engineering Scholarships
- Coffee Club Goes Viral With Members Earning Free Starbucks Cards
- UniversitySpot.com Introduces Extensive, Curated List of Free Online Courses for Winter 2015
- NEEBO COLLEGE TEXTBOOK SAVINGS TIP: SELL EARLY, BUY EARLY AND SAVE BIG
- Draper University's Tim Draper Hosts YouNoodle Live Featuring Student Entrepreneurs From Around The World