Zadrazil selected to Austrian Womens National Team
ETSU women's soccer freshman Sarah Zadrazil will head to Europe in February, having been selected to represent the Austrian Women's National Senior Team in a game versus Belgium.
Competing at the highest level for her country is nothing new for the reigning Atlantic Sun Freshman of the Year. The selection to represent Austria's top women's team is Zadrail's sixth. She has also represented the U17 and U19 national teams, and was captain of her U19 squad.
"It is a big honor for me to play for the senior team of Austria," Zadrazil said. "I am one of the youngest on the team, so to be selected means a lot.
"I get to have a few days at home with my family in Austria before heading to Belgium. I have never been to Belgium and to play there will be a great experience."
In her international career, Zadrazil has scored 13 goals, beginning as a member of Austria's U17 team. She helped that squad win the first round of UEFA U17 European Championship qualifying by scoring four goals in group play. Zadrazil was called to join the A-national team later that year, competing against England, Turkey, Slovenia and Nigeria.
"We are very proud of Sarah for her selection by the full national team," ETSU head coach Adam Sayers said. "It is a great honor for her and for ETSU. Sarah is a very good player who works extremely hard in all aspects of training and preparation, and thoroughly deserves this opportunity.
"We wish her all the best."
Zadrazil is one of several Lady Bucs who have represented their countries. Sophomores Jasmin Dutton and Ellis Parsons have represented Wales, freshman Hannah Short played for England, while freshman Simona Koren has also represented Austria.
Zadrazil and Austria take on Belgium February 13 in Ghent, Belgium.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent East Tennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
- Bucs shutout Keydets
- Buc’s men’s soccer ties Wofford Bears, 3-3
- Lady Bucs defeat Wofford
- ‘It’s a Girl’ addresses gendercide
- ‘Super Smash Bros.’ game has become Nintendo’s kingmaker
- Volunteers needed for fall carnival that will take place Oct. 24
- Meditation aids in relaxation, improvement of mental, physical health
RECENT EAST TENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
- Where the Jobs Are: Why Relocating May Be the Best Option
- Value of Education Brings Success Among Unique Student...
- Is Faith Really a Good Thing?
- Are Workers Taking Enough Time to Understand Their...
- Save Now With Proven High-Efficiency Gas Wall-Hung Boiler
- Some Jobs Really Are a Pain in the Back
- Are Your Investments Doomed by Overfunded Public Markets?
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!
- Leading Digital Strategists Transform Digital Marketing In Business and Academia
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR TO VISIT SEVEN CAMPUSES ACROSS THE COUNTRY, ENGAGING STUDENTS TO COMBAT DISCRIMINATION AND DATING ABUSE
- OH HONEY ARE “SINCERELY YOURS” WITH NEW EP // HONDA CIVIC TOUR
- Mercedes-Benz Financial Services wants you to help “Drive Our Future”