Zadrazil selected to Austrian Womens National Team
ETSU women's soccer freshman Sarah Zadrazil will head to Europe in February, having been selected to represent the Austrian Women's National Senior Team in a game versus Belgium.
Competing at the highest level for her country is nothing new for the reigning Atlantic Sun Freshman of the Year. The selection to represent Austria's top women's team is Zadrail's sixth. She has also represented the U17 and U19 national teams, and was captain of her U19 squad.
"It is a big honor for me to play for the senior team of Austria," Zadrazil said. "I am one of the youngest on the team, so to be selected means a lot.
"I get to have a few days at home with my family in Austria before heading to Belgium. I have never been to Belgium and to play there will be a great experience."
In her international career, Zadrazil has scored 13 goals, beginning as a member of Austria's U17 team. She helped that squad win the first round of UEFA U17 European Championship qualifying by scoring four goals in group play. Zadrazil was called to join the A-national team later that year, competing against England, Turkey, Slovenia and Nigeria.
"We are very proud of Sarah for her selection by the full national team," ETSU head coach Adam Sayers said. "It is a great honor for her and for ETSU. Sarah is a very good player who works extremely hard in all aspects of training and preparation, and thoroughly deserves this opportunity.
"We wish her all the best."
Zadrazil is one of several Lady Bucs who have represented their countries. Sophomores Jasmin Dutton and Ellis Parsons have represented Wales, freshman Hannah Short played for England, while freshman Simona Koren has also represented Austria.
Zadrazil and Austria take on Belgium February 13 in Ghent, Belgium.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Insuring the Health of America's Emerging...
- New FDA-Cleared Device Significantly Advances IV Therapy...
- Take a Bite Out of Gum Disease By Seeing a Periodontist
- Natural Health Care From Down Under Poised to Make U.S....
- Wellness Travel Is on the Rise
- 3 Steps to Build a Better Nest Egg
- Para los latinos, el Día de las Madres es una...
- Top 4 Signs You Need to Call a Pest Professional
- Another Reason to Choose Chiropractic Care First for Pain...
- Create a Precious Moment for Mom This Mother's Day
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- GREAT GRADUATION GIFT: WHAT THEY DIDN'T TEACH YOU IN SCHOOL!
- National Foundation for Infectious Diseases Calls on College Campuses to Be Prepared for Meningococcal Disease
- Safety App BlueLight Launches at 10 New Campuses for Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- TD Ameritrade Seeks Applicants for NextGen Financial Planning Scholarships, Grants
- Make it Count: Get the Most out of the End of the Semester!