Legal testosterone boosters building better athletes
Although steroids and human growth hormones are against the rules in professional athletics. The NCAA and the next level are using testosterone boosters and other means to build muscle before and after they go to the gym.
There are also a lot of protein powders and substances that have become very popular in the past few years in athletics to get extra protein.
These testosterone boosting supplements can cost anywhere from $15 to $62 and come in many different size.
Athletes need a lot of testosterone in order to build muscle and most of them, as well as body builders, have gone to taking products that are sold in any store nowadays.
Zinc Monomethionine Aspartate is a product that increases hormone levels and muscle strength in people that work out or train on a regular basis. ZMA also reports that this drug can help make you have a better sleeping pattern, which is essential in order for an athlete to have healthy repair and regrowth.
There is also testosterone patches that you can buy in stores, however according to their warning, these can put you at risk for stroke, heart attack, or in very rare cases even death.
Professional sports have been trying to cut out steroids for years. The Major League Baseball issued the Mitchell Report in December 2007, which listed hundreds of MLB players who took human growth hormones that were legal at the time the players took them.
There were many very notable players in this report, including 12-time all-star Mark McGuire.
The report was conducted by, former U.S. Sen. George Mitchell.
Soon after, MLB commissioner Bud Selig made steroids illegal in the Major Leagues, with the implement of testing every season.
Because of harmful human growth hormones, these legal testosterone boosters have caught on with not only professional athletes, but also college and high school players.
Creatine also is a very popular way to build muscle for athletes and weightlifters.
It is a nitrogenous organic acid that occurs naturally in the body when you work out, athletes take more of this to build muscle bigger and faster. This product does not have the harmful effects that a testosterone booster might have, according to Dr. Mike Stone.
Sheer Strength is another legal testosterone booster, which guarantees their customers more energy and sex drive and leaner muscle.
They claim to be the strongest natural testosterone booster with Fenugreek in it, and have no added Tribulus. This is one of the more expensive boosters on the market though.
In the exercise business a lot of experts and doctors are very skeptical about these new testosterone boosters that you can just buy at a local store such as Wal-Mart.
Anything that provides protein will benefit an athlete if he or she is going to the gym regularly.
Meats, eggs and many other foods are a big source of protein for anyone without taking a substance to mix with water. Milk is also a big source of protein, and helps build muscle in people that work out, according to Stone.
Another popular healthy way to build muscle for people that work out is muscle milk that has 32 grams of protein in two cups. You can buy this product in the stores and many local gas stations. It has 310 calories in two cups, according to Sheets.
You can also buy the powder version of muscle milk, which you just mix with water. The bottles that you can buy in the store also come in a lot of different flavors.
There are also even more protein shakes that you can buy in the stores that have become very popular in people that go to the gym a lot. These range from around $18 to $50, depending on which kind you get and the size of the container that it comes in.
These protein drinks usually contain zero grams of sugar and include all natural ingredients.
For people who are just starting to go to the gym and work out, there are many weight loss powders and drinks that may help.
An average size male will burn about 2,000 calories a day, while the average size female will burn about 1,600. These numbers depend on your age, consumption of food, activity level every day, and varies from person to person, according to Garza.
Some other protein shakes that you can just buy at a local store such as Wal-Mart are Ensure Plus and Boost Nutritional energy drinks. These drinks are a lot cheaper, ranging from $8 to about $15.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
- ETSU screening travelers to countries with known Ebola outbreaks
- ETSU appoints director of Veterans Affairs
- Organizers finalize Sex Week preparations
- ‘Selma’ mirrors controversies in modern America
- Johnson City Community Theatre will hold auditions for RENT Feb. 15 and 16
- Women’s Studies announces spring Women on Wednesdays lineup
- Lady Bucs conquer Lady Terriers, 69-47
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Say No to the Knife: Reduce the Likeliness Of Surgery...
- Give Your Kitchen a New Look With a Lighting Update
- Garden Project Spreads Its Roots in Urban Areas
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
- How to Be More Productive During Your Business Flights
- It's Never too Late to Start Living Healthy
- Revive tus objetivos de verte saludable en 2015
- Debunking Common Tax-Filing Myths
- With Help From Chile, Blueberries Stay Fresh All Winter
- Small Fixtures Make a Big Design Impact
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- PwC US Launches CareerAdvisor
- ASCO Numatics Announces 2015 Industrial Automation Engineering Scholarships
- Coffee Club Goes Viral With Members Earning Free Starbucks Cards
- UniversitySpot.com Introduces Extensive, Curated List of Free Online Courses for Winter 2015
- NEEBO COLLEGE TEXTBOOK SAVINGS TIP: SELL EARLY, BUY EARLY AND SAVE BIG