Armed robberies result in three arrests
Three arrests have been made following the armed robbery that occurred on the ETSU campus April 8.
While ETSU investigators believe an armed robbery did occur, a student claiming to be a victim is believed to have withheld information during the initial report.
This student has been arrested for filing a false police report and for conspiracy to distribute Schedule VI drugs.
Another student has been arrested for facilitation of armed robbery, possession of Schedule VI drugs for resale and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Another student has been arrested for robbery.
According to a press release by the Office of the President on April 11, the affidavit of complaint and information obtained during the investigation points to this suspect as one of the perpetrators involved in the robbery.
In addition, all three students will undergo campus disciplinary procedures.
The incident reportedly occurred at the gazebo behind Davis Apartments last week.
All three arrests were made on April 10.
This is the second armed robbery incident that has occurred on the ETSU campus over a span of three weeks.
On March 26, Matthew Sigmon and Jesse Capps were robbed at gunpoint between Lamb Hall and Sam Wilson Hall.
Following the most recent armed robbery, the university issued a statement announcing that the Department of Public Safety will increase its security on campus during the late night and early morning hours for the remainder of the spring semester.
The statement also encouraged ETSU students to make use of the Safe Voyage shuttle from 8 p.m. to midnight on week nights, and to request a Department of Public Safety escort during other times.
No charges have been filed against the non-student victim of the robbery.
The investigation for a second perpetrator of the robbery continues.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More East Tennessean News Articles
Recent East Tennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
- Freshman admission rises from last year
- SGA president vetoes Sex Week legislation
- SGA wanted to keep BUC Fund
- Be grateful for those around you
- Don’t settle because you’re scared to fail and do your best in all...
- Semicolons teach a special lesson
- University’s commitment to a dry campus is a joke to students
RECENT EAST TENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
- Where the Jobs Are: Why Relocating May Be the Best Option
- Value of Education Brings Success Among Unique Student...
- Is Faith Really a Good Thing?
- Are Workers Taking Enough Time to Understand Their...
- Save Now With Proven High-Efficiency Gas Wall-Hung Boiler
- Some Jobs Really Are a Pain in the Back
- Are Your Investments Doomed by Overfunded Public Markets?
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!
- Leading Digital Strategists Transform Digital Marketing In Business and Academia
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR TO VISIT SEVEN CAMPUSES ACROSS THE COUNTRY, ENGAGING STUDENTS TO COMBAT DISCRIMINATION AND DATING ABUSE
- OH HONEY ARE “SINCERELY YOURS” WITH NEW EP // HONDA CIVIC TOUR
- Mercedes-Benz Financial Services wants you to help “Drive Our Future”