Armed robberies result in three arrests
Three arrests have been made following the armed robbery that occurred on the ETSU campus April 8.
While ETSU investigators believe an armed robbery did occur, a student claiming to be a victim is believed to have withheld information during the initial report.
This student has been arrested for filing a false police report and for conspiracy to distribute Schedule VI drugs.
Another student has been arrested for facilitation of armed robbery, possession of Schedule VI drugs for resale and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Another student has been arrested for robbery.
According to a press release by the Office of the President on April 11, the affidavit of complaint and information obtained during the investigation points to this suspect as one of the perpetrators involved in the robbery.
In addition, all three students will undergo campus disciplinary procedures.
The incident reportedly occurred at the gazebo behind Davis Apartments last week.
All three arrests were made on April 10.
This is the second armed robbery incident that has occurred on the ETSU campus over a span of three weeks.
On March 26, Matthew Sigmon and Jesse Capps were robbed at gunpoint between Lamb Hall and Sam Wilson Hall.
Following the most recent armed robbery, the university issued a statement announcing that the Department of Public Safety will increase its security on campus during the late night and early morning hours for the remainder of the spring semester.
The statement also encouraged ETSU students to make use of the Safe Voyage shuttle from 8 p.m. to midnight on week nights, and to request a Department of Public Safety escort during other times.
No charges have been filed against the non-student victim of the robbery.
The investigation for a second perpetrator of the robbery continues.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
- Student tickets go quickly for first football game
- Victory from within at ETSU
- Arts Initiative generates community enthusiasm
- Men’s soccer ends exhibition play with win
- Women’s volleyball predicted to have outstanding season
- Search ongoing for starting quarterback
- Football program boasts memorable history
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Don't Miss a Beat: Tips for Enjoying a Live Concert
- Tips to Enjoy Pest-Free Camping This Summer
- Los Hispanos Predominan En El Mercado De Regreso a Clases...
- Chiropractors Offer Advice to Those With Diabetes
- Waste and Recycling Jobs: Opportunities Are Plentiful
- Landfills: An Unexpected Source of Renewable Energy
- The Best Accessories are Easy, Convenient and Portable
- The Latest Buzz Phrase in Health Care
- Content Agency Promises the Best Bang for Your...
- The Best Accessories for Going Swimming
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Five Tips for Making Your Dorm Room Feel Like Home
- Tinder Reveals Top 50 U.S. College Campuses with Most Popular Men and Women
- Little Known Tips to Pay Less at College Bookstores
- 18-25 Years Old? EARN $80 IN 90 MINUTES for Participating in Research Study
- truth® CELEBRATES SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY MOVE TO TOBACCO-FREE