Armed robberies result in three arrests
Three arrests have been made following the armed robbery that occurred on the ETSU campus April 8.
While ETSU investigators believe an armed robbery did occur, a student claiming to be a victim is believed to have withheld information during the initial report.
This student has been arrested for filing a false police report and for conspiracy to distribute Schedule VI drugs.
Another student has been arrested for facilitation of armed robbery, possession of Schedule VI drugs for resale and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Another student has been arrested for robbery.
According to a press release by the Office of the President on April 11, the affidavit of complaint and information obtained during the investigation points to this suspect as one of the perpetrators involved in the robbery.
In addition, all three students will undergo campus disciplinary procedures.
The incident reportedly occurred at the gazebo behind Davis Apartments last week.
All three arrests were made on April 10.
This is the second armed robbery incident that has occurred on the ETSU campus over a span of three weeks.
On March 26, Matthew Sigmon and Jesse Capps were robbed at gunpoint between Lamb Hall and Sam Wilson Hall.
Following the most recent armed robbery, the university issued a statement announcing that the Department of Public Safety will increase its security on campus during the late night and early morning hours for the remainder of the spring semester.
The statement also encouraged ETSU students to make use of the Safe Voyage shuttle from 8 p.m. to midnight on week nights, and to request a Department of Public Safety escort during other times.
No charges have been filed against the non-student victim of the robbery.
The investigation for a second perpetrator of the robbery continues.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
- ETSU officials say university will focus on preventing sexual assaults
- University selects new dean of students
- Ohio parents’ beliefs cost daughter her life
- SGA president discusses issues of importance
- ‘Do One Thing’ helps environment; monument meant to inspire students to...
- Guest pianist Myer will play at ETSU
- Lady Bucs are 3-0 in conference with win against UNCG Spartans
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
- How to Be More Productive During Your Business Flights
- It's Never too Late to Start Living Healthy
- Revive tus objetivos de verte saludable en 2015
- Debunking Common Tax-Filing Myths
- With Help From Chile, Blueberries Stay Fresh All Winter
- Small Fixtures Make a Big Design Impact
- Keeping the Workplace in Proper Alignment
- 5 Seasonal Invaders and How to Keep Them Out in the Cold
- Not Just a Man's World, Female Entrepreneurs Are Making...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- ASCO Numatics Announces 2015 Industrial Automation Engineering Scholarships
- Coffee Club Goes Viral With Members Earning Free Starbucks Cards
- UniversitySpot.com Introduces Extensive, Curated List of Free Online Courses for Winter 2015
- NEEBO COLLEGE TEXTBOOK SAVINGS TIP: SELL EARLY, BUY EARLY AND SAVE BIG
- Draper University's Tim Draper Hosts YouNoodle Live Featuring Student Entrepreneurs From Around The World