Armed robberies result in three arrests
Three arrests have been made following the armed robbery that occurred on the ETSU campus April 8.
While ETSU investigators believe an armed robbery did occur, a student claiming to be a victim is believed to have withheld information during the initial report.
This student has been arrested for filing a false police report and for conspiracy to distribute Schedule VI drugs.
Another student has been arrested for facilitation of armed robbery, possession of Schedule VI drugs for resale and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Another student has been arrested for robbery.
According to a press release by the Office of the President on April 11, the affidavit of complaint and information obtained during the investigation points to this suspect as one of the perpetrators involved in the robbery.
In addition, all three students will undergo campus disciplinary procedures.
The incident reportedly occurred at the gazebo behind Davis Apartments last week.
All three arrests were made on April 10.
This is the second armed robbery incident that has occurred on the ETSU campus over a span of three weeks.
On March 26, Matthew Sigmon and Jesse Capps were robbed at gunpoint between Lamb Hall and Sam Wilson Hall.
Following the most recent armed robbery, the university issued a statement announcing that the Department of Public Safety will increase its security on campus during the late night and early morning hours for the remainder of the spring semester.
The statement also encouraged ETSU students to make use of the Safe Voyage shuttle from 8 p.m. to midnight on week nights, and to request a Department of Public Safety escort during other times.
No charges have been filed against the non-student victim of the robbery.
The investigation for a second perpetrator of the robbery continues.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
- Kristjansson returns for final season on men’s golf team
- Undergrad student focuses on holistic medicine
- Willow Tree offers inviting atmosphere for students
- ETSU gears up for Culp renovations
- Parking services seeking student input
- SGA executive laments lack of legislation
- Tennessee Promise has slight effect on enrollment
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Clues in the Attic: Pre-Winter Roof Checkups Made Easy
- Feeding Your Joints to Stay on the Move
- High Tech Pearls Are Captivating the Younger Jewelry...
- Making Halloween a Treat For Parents As Well As Kids
- Career in Sales Can Satisfy an Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Lighting Tips for Your Media Room
- The High Price of Health Care Illiteracy
- More Americans Choose Chiropractic Care: Gallup
- Is the Controversy Around Carrageenan Warranted?
- Limited Space, Big Love: Solutions for Cat Lovers in...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Event: Panel Discussion for Student Media
- All-New National Student Day Contest Opens Today
- Calling All College Football Fans: Samsung Milk Music Now Live Streaming Home and Away Feeds of NCAA Football Games
- Golden Door Scholars Expands Reach of College Scholarship Program for High-Performing Undocumented Students
- INTRODUCING: PAY YOUR SELFIE™, THE FIRST APP THAT PAYS CASH TO ANYONE FOR SELFIES