Armed robberies result in three arrests
Three arrests have been made following the armed robbery that occurred on the ETSU campus April 8.
While ETSU investigators believe an armed robbery did occur, a student claiming to be a victim is believed to have withheld information during the initial report.
This student has been arrested for filing a false police report and for conspiracy to distribute Schedule VI drugs.
Another student has been arrested for facilitation of armed robbery, possession of Schedule VI drugs for resale and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Another student has been arrested for robbery.
According to a press release by the Office of the President on April 11, the affidavit of complaint and information obtained during the investigation points to this suspect as one of the perpetrators involved in the robbery.
In addition, all three students will undergo campus disciplinary procedures.
The incident reportedly occurred at the gazebo behind Davis Apartments last week.
All three arrests were made on April 10.
This is the second armed robbery incident that has occurred on the ETSU campus over a span of three weeks.
On March 26, Matthew Sigmon and Jesse Capps were robbed at gunpoint between Lamb Hall and Sam Wilson Hall.
Following the most recent armed robbery, the university issued a statement announcing that the Department of Public Safety will increase its security on campus during the late night and early morning hours for the remainder of the spring semester.
The statement also encouraged ETSU students to make use of the Safe Voyage shuttle from 8 p.m. to midnight on week nights, and to request a Department of Public Safety escort during other times.
No charges have been filed against the non-student victim of the robbery.
The investigation for a second perpetrator of the robbery continues.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
- The Jubilee solution will eliminate the student loan crisis
- SGA has insight for students
- Public safety waiting for info on sexual assaults
- University cleared after being accused of research missteps, plans to improve
- Halloween movies to impress moviegoers
- Defining your measure of worth
- Small groups can turn into big voices
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- IRS Warns Taxpayers of Latest Phone Fraud Scam
- Putting Your Vacation Home to Work for You
- Finding Answers to Growing Concerns About Water Fluoridation
- Empowering People to Regain Their Mobility
- On-Site Workplace Health Clinics Emphasize Chiropractic Care
- 5 Important Tips for Choosing a Medicare Health Plan
- Welcome Your Holiday Guests With Inviting Lighting
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- College women switching to Sobrr this Halloween as the best app for fun -- and finding soul mates.
- Win $1,000 to Study Abroad in Italy. The ItaliaRail Study Abroad in Italy Scholarship for Spring 2015 is now accepting applications.
- 7 Tips for Scoring a Tailgating Touchdown
- Renowned Engineer Ric Bradshaw Conducts Fujifilm-Sponsored Campus Tour on Tape Technology
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!