ETSU presents annual 'Student Honor Show 2014'
Undergraduate art and design students are able to celebrate their creativity and excellence of work in the annual Student Honor Show. The ETSU Department of Art & Design and Slocumb Galleries with Friends of the Slocumb Galleries proudly presents the annual "Student Honor Show 2014" from April 14 to May 2.
The awards reception with the announcement of the Art Scholarships is on April 17, Thursday, starting at 5:30 p.m. at the Ball Hall Auditorium.
Bill May, executive director of the historic Arrowmont School of Arts & Crafts is the juror of the 2014 Student Honor Show.
The top awards for Best of Show and Faculty Choice are recognized with nine Area Merit awards, two Foundations Art awards and three Craft Art awards. The Best of Show award is selected by the Juror and receives a cash prize from the Johnson City Are Arts Council. The Faculty Choice Award is selected by the faculty of the Department of Art & Design.
All Slocumb Galleries' events are open to the public with free admission, from Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. with extended hours on Thursday until 6 p.m., during receptions and ArtIfact lectures.
Slocumb Galleries are located at the Ernest C. Ball Hall, 232 Sherrod Drive, ETSU campus. For more information, email gallery director Karlota Contreras-Koterbay at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (423) 483-3179. Parking and handicapped access are available.
For more information, please visit the ETSU PlanIt Calendar under Museum & Galleries category, www.etsu.edu/cas/art/slocumb or Friend the Slocumb Galleries on Facebook to receive event updates.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent East Tennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
RECENT EAST TENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses
- Cengage Learning and Flashnotes.com Form Strategic Partnership
- PAOLO NUTINI CELEBRATES U.S. RELEASE OF “CAUSTIC LOVE”