Moscow Festival Ballet will perform
The Moscow Festival Ballet was founded in 1989 when legendary principal dancer of the Bolshoi Ballet, Sergei Radchenko, sought to realize his vision of a company which would bring together the highest classical elements of the great Bolshoi and Kirov Ballet companies in an independent new company within the framework of Russian classic ballet.
Leading dancers from across the Russia have forged under Radchenko's direction an exciting new company staging new productions of timeless classics such as Swan Lake, Giselle, Don Quixote, Paquita and Carmen.
The Moscow Festival Ballet has toured extensively throughout the United States, beginning with a Coast-to-Coast tour in the Winter/Spring of 1997 and returning in 2001, 2004, 2007, 2010, and now 2014.
Since its inception, the Moscow Festival Ballet has completed two tours of Europe, with extraordinary receptions in Italy, France, Spain, Germany and the Netherlands. Multiple tours of the United Kingdom, including capacity audiences at London's famed Coliseum, have resulted in widespread appeal there.
The company has also performed with great success in Turkey at the Istanbul Festival and in Greece at the Athens Festival, and recently completed a two-month tour of Japan, Korea, Singapore and Hong Kong.
Under the direction of Sergei Radchenko, the Moscow Festival Ballet continues to expand its repertoire.
In addition to commissioning new works from within Russia and abroad, the company specializes in full-length ballets such as Cinderella, Romeo and Juliet, Legend of Love, Stone Flower and The Golden Age.
Radchenko has researched the original choreography and stage productions of several of Marius Petipa's classic ballets, including new productions of Don Quixote and Paquita, and a recreation of Jules Perrot's and Jean Coralli's Giselle.
Born in 1944, Radchenko graduated from the Moscow School of Dance in 1964 and then joined the Bolshoi Ballet, where he worked for 25 years.
He danced the entire repertoire at the Bolshoi, but enjoyed a special reputation for Spanish dance, particularly the role of the bullfighter in the Bizet-Schedrin Carmen Suite.
Radchenko presents a large number of master-classes, inviting leading teachers from the Bolshoi and Mariinsky theatres to ensure the continuation of the rich traditions of the Russian classical school.
Swan Lake will be performed at Niswonger Performing Arts Center in historic downtown Greeneville, Tenn., on Monday, April 21 at 7:30 p.m.
Tickets are $25 for orchestra and mezzanine level seating and $15 for balcony seats.
Tickets may be purchased online at www.npacgreeneville.com, in person at the NPAC box office, or by calling 423-638-1679.
NPAC offers online seat selection and no-fee ticketing. The box office hours are Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. until 5 p.m.
The 1,130 seat performing arts center is located adjacent to the campus of Greeneville High School.
For venue information, and to purchase tickets, please visit www.npacgreeneville.com.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More East Tennessean News Articles
Recent East Tennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
- Bucs shutout Keydets
- Buc’s men’s soccer ties Wofford Bears, 3-3
- Lady Bucs defeat Wofford
- ‘It’s a Girl’ addresses gendercide
- ‘Super Smash Bros.’ game has become Nintendo’s kingmaker
- Volunteers needed for fall carnival that will take place Oct. 24
- Meditation aids in relaxation, improvement of mental, physical health
RECENT EAST TENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
- Where the Jobs Are: Why Relocating May Be the Best Option
- Value of Education Brings Success Among Unique Student...
- Is Faith Really a Good Thing?
- Are Workers Taking Enough Time to Understand Their...
- Save Now With Proven High-Efficiency Gas Wall-Hung Boiler
- Some Jobs Really Are a Pain in the Back
- Are Your Investments Doomed by Overfunded Public Markets?
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Leading Digital Strategists Transform Digital Marketing In Business and Academia
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR TO VISIT SEVEN CAMPUSES ACROSS THE COUNTRY, ENGAGING STUDENTS TO COMBAT DISCRIMINATION AND DATING ABUSE
- OH HONEY ARE “SINCERELY YOURS” WITH NEW EP // HONDA CIVIC TOUR
- Mercedes-Benz Financial Services wants you to help “Drive Our Future”
- Bring Snoop Dogg to Your College Campus