Moscow Festival Ballet will perform
The Moscow Festival Ballet was founded in 1989 when legendary principal dancer of the Bolshoi Ballet, Sergei Radchenko, sought to realize his vision of a company which would bring together the highest classical elements of the great Bolshoi and Kirov Ballet companies in an independent new company within the framework of Russian classic ballet.
Leading dancers from across the Russia have forged under Radchenko's direction an exciting new company staging new productions of timeless classics such as Swan Lake, Giselle, Don Quixote, Paquita and Carmen.
The Moscow Festival Ballet has toured extensively throughout the United States, beginning with a Coast-to-Coast tour in the Winter/Spring of 1997 and returning in 2001, 2004, 2007, 2010, and now 2014.
Since its inception, the Moscow Festival Ballet has completed two tours of Europe, with extraordinary receptions in Italy, France, Spain, Germany and the Netherlands. Multiple tours of the United Kingdom, including capacity audiences at London's famed Coliseum, have resulted in widespread appeal there.
The company has also performed with great success in Turkey at the Istanbul Festival and in Greece at the Athens Festival, and recently completed a two-month tour of Japan, Korea, Singapore and Hong Kong.
Under the direction of Sergei Radchenko, the Moscow Festival Ballet continues to expand its repertoire.
In addition to commissioning new works from within Russia and abroad, the company specializes in full-length ballets such as Cinderella, Romeo and Juliet, Legend of Love, Stone Flower and The Golden Age.
Radchenko has researched the original choreography and stage productions of several of Marius Petipa's classic ballets, including new productions of Don Quixote and Paquita, and a recreation of Jules Perrot's and Jean Coralli's Giselle.
Born in 1944, Radchenko graduated from the Moscow School of Dance in 1964 and then joined the Bolshoi Ballet, where he worked for 25 years.
He danced the entire repertoire at the Bolshoi, but enjoyed a special reputation for Spanish dance, particularly the role of the bullfighter in the Bizet-Schedrin Carmen Suite.
Radchenko presents a large number of master-classes, inviting leading teachers from the Bolshoi and Mariinsky theatres to ensure the continuation of the rich traditions of the Russian classical school.
Swan Lake will be performed at Niswonger Performing Arts Center in historic downtown Greeneville, Tenn., on Monday, April 21 at 7:30 p.m.
Tickets are $25 for orchestra and mezzanine level seating and $15 for balcony seats.
Tickets may be purchased online at www.npacgreeneville.com, in person at the NPAC box office, or by calling 423-638-1679.
NPAC offers online seat selection and no-fee ticketing. The box office hours are Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. until 5 p.m.
The 1,130 seat performing arts center is located adjacent to the campus of Greeneville High School.
For venue information, and to purchase tickets, please visit www.npacgreeneville.com.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
- University cleared after being accused of research missteps, plans to improve
- The Jubilee solution will eliminate the student loan crisis
- SGA has insight for students
- Public safety waiting for info on sexual assaults
- Halloween movies to impress moviegoers
- Defining your measure of worth
- Small groups can turn into big voices
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- IRS Warns Taxpayers of Latest Phone Fraud Scam
- Putting Your Vacation Home to Work for You
- Finding Answers to Growing Concerns About Water Fluoridation
- Empowering People to Regain Their Mobility
- On-Site Workplace Health Clinics Emphasize Chiropractic Care
- 5 Important Tips for Choosing a Medicare Health Plan
- Welcome Your Holiday Guests With Inviting Lighting
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- College women switching to Sobrr this Halloween as the best app for fun -- and finding soul mates.
- Win $1,000 to Study Abroad in Italy. The ItaliaRail Study Abroad in Italy Scholarship for Spring 2015 is now accepting applications.
- 7 Tips for Scoring a Tailgating Touchdown
- Renowned Engineer Ric Bradshaw Conducts Fujifilm-Sponsored Campus Tour on Tape Technology
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!