Yllera honored as Atlantic Sun player of the Week
After putting the finishing touches on an unbeaten conference campaign, ETSU sophomore Sebastian Yllera has been named Atlantic Sun Men's Tennis Co-Player of the Week along with North Florida's Yannick Zuern.
Yllera, who has won a team-best eight consecutive singles matches, picked up a pair of singles and doubles wins over the weekend, helping ETSU clinch a perfect 7-0 record in league play and a share of the Atlantic Sun regular season title.
On Friday, Yllera defeated Kennesaw State's Maksim Yorsh, 6-2, 6-3, at No. 2 singles. One day later, Yllera handily took down Mercer's Anderson Scarpa, 6-0, 6-1, at No. 3 singles.
Yllera went unbeaten in A-Sun play, posting a 6-0 mark in singles play and teaming with Conner Huertas and Fernando Amon to go 6-0 in doubles.
Overall, Yllera posted a 21-11 singles record during fall and spring competition.
Yllera and the Bucs will look to continue their winning ways in the upcoming A-Sun Championship in Jacksonville, Fla.
ETSU, the tournament's No. 1 seed will receive a bye into the semifinals where it will meet either fourth-seeded Stetson or fifth-seeded USC Upstate Friday, April 18 at 9 a.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
- Online magazine promotes healthy habits
- Buctainment co-sponsorship of campus events garners greater event attention
- Charles Towne Belles inspires faith
- New exhibitions coming to Reece
- Club soccer team begins at ETSU
- Oshoniyi coaches in 2015 adidas MLS Combine
- I ate my roommate’s girlfriend’s candy, he cried
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- LED Technology Helping People See The World in a Whole...
- Ice Dams Put Homes at Risk for Termites
- 5 Tips to Having a Happy, Healthy Heart
- What Does Million in IRS Budget Cuts Mean for Taxpayers?
- Workers Say a Good Cup of Coffee Can Make Entire Workday...
- Fresh Fruit Delivers Fun and Nutrition
- Say No to the Knife: Reduce the Likeliness Of Surgery...
- Give Your Kitchen a New Look With a Lighting Update
- Garden Project Spreads Its Roots in Urban Areas
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- WHOLE YOU CHALLENGES THE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY AND PUBLIC TO HELP FIND SOLUTIONS FOR THOSE WITH ORAL AND VISION LIMITATIONS
- 10 Reasons Why Cancun is the Spring Break Mecca of the World
- What's Next in Learning Spaces?
- carpooling, Europe's No. 1 ridesharing app, debuts in U.S. to college market
- PwC US Launches CareerAdvisor