Yllera honored as Atlantic Sun player of the Week
After putting the finishing touches on an unbeaten conference campaign, ETSU sophomore Sebastian Yllera has been named Atlantic Sun Men's Tennis Co-Player of the Week along with North Florida's Yannick Zuern.
Yllera, who has won a team-best eight consecutive singles matches, picked up a pair of singles and doubles wins over the weekend, helping ETSU clinch a perfect 7-0 record in league play and a share of the Atlantic Sun regular season title.
On Friday, Yllera defeated Kennesaw State's Maksim Yorsh, 6-2, 6-3, at No. 2 singles. One day later, Yllera handily took down Mercer's Anderson Scarpa, 6-0, 6-1, at No. 3 singles.
Yllera went unbeaten in A-Sun play, posting a 6-0 mark in singles play and teaming with Conner Huertas and Fernando Amon to go 6-0 in doubles.
Overall, Yllera posted a 21-11 singles record during fall and spring competition.
Yllera and the Bucs will look to continue their winning ways in the upcoming A-Sun Championship in Jacksonville, Fla.
ETSU, the tournament's No. 1 seed will receive a bye into the semifinals where it will meet either fourth-seeded Stetson or fifth-seeded USC Upstate Friday, April 18 at 9 a.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
- System recognizes gender spectrum
- ETSU Pride Band opens for Krüger Brothers
- Inclement weather makes it possible for editor to spend more time with...
- RTVF students to present original films
- Bucs end regular season with loss to Mercer
- ETSU split wins with visiting Butler
- Tennis dominates Tennessee Tech in convincing style
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- This Year, Make a Goal to Contribute More to Your 401(k)
- Giving the Elderly a Lift -- In Their Home
- 4-H Grown: Alumni Asked to Stand Up and Support STEM...
- Haven't Tried Sardines? Try These
- Weatherizing Your Home Can Mean Big Benefits
- 10 Tips to Stay Safe During Spring Break
- 10 Tips for Staying Safe During Spring Break
- 3 Things to Know Before Ride-Booking a Car
- For Advanced Heart Failure Patients, There Is Hope
- Bringing Chiropractic to the Little League
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Potential health risks of hookah smoking are being overlooked by users
- Study Finds College-age Millennials Hopeful for the Future, Worry about Student Loans and Overspending
- RetailMeNot Helps Students Save Money on Spring Break Travel
- Visit Virtual Study Abroad Fair on February 25 to explore study abroad options and win prizes
- Students kill three birds with one stone