Bucs softball pitcher prepares for final moments of the season
This is Katelin Wolff's last year here at ETSU. Originally from Texas, this 22-year-old senior will be graduating in May with a degree in marketing and has had a spectacular career as the ETSU softball team's pitcher.
"I have been playing softball since I was about 8 years old," Wolff says. That makes this her 14th year in the game of softball.
What is her biggest accomplishment though in all those years of playing softball? "Being able to play softball at the college level, right here at ETSU, has really been the biggest accomplishment for me."
But what drew this Texas native all the way to ETSU for softball? "This place just felt right," Wolff explains.
"The people and the atmosphere here just makes playing for this school feel like home to me." Undoubtedly, the softball girls and coaches will be missing a great pitcher next year with such a positive attitude as Wolff has.
All of the softball girls are excited for the Atlantic Sun Tournament, the first of which will be on May 7, but with this being Wolff's last year playing softball at ETSU, she is especially excited for the tournament.
"This is why our team works so hard every day - so we can make it to the A-Sun tournament," she says.
ETSU's softball team has had 16 wins so far this season. "If we keep racking up wins, we as a team will be able to meet our goal of competing in the A-Sun championships," Wolff says. "We have to keep working and win one game at a time."
Those are her goals for her last season here at ETSU, but what about when she graduates? "I would love to help other girls have the same opportunities in this sport as I have." Wolff explains. "Either giving girls lessons or helping out in some other way to give promising softball players a chance to play in college as well."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
- University lights campus for holidays
- Pink Floyd to release 'Endless River'
- '22 Jump Street' defies sequel reputation norms
- SGA will try to keep dead week lively
- Disability Services to create new policy increasing volunteer numbers
- ETSU considering two places for fine arts facility
- Fraternity placed under suspension
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Tax-Savings Tips From Licensed Experts
- Not Leo DiCaprio? How to Cut Your Energy Bills Anyway
- Television Best Bets: Streaming Programs Worth Watching
- Modern Farming: Technology Helps Keep Food on the Table
- An End to Acid Reflux?
- How to Select a Contractor: Certification Counts With...
- Modern Landfills: Safe, Smart and Green
- Medicine Safety Reminders for Cold and Flu Season
- What It Takes to Get One of the Most In-Demand Jobs
- Where Do Pests Lurk? The Rooms in Your Home That Pests...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists
- 6 ‘Friendsgiving’ tips that won’t leave you stuffed
- PARAMORE UNVEIL EXPANDED DIGITAL EDITION OF BLOCKBUSTER FOURTH ALBUM
- MELANIE MARTINEZ ANNOUNCES THIRD LEG OF “DOLLHOUSE TOUR”
- Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Inc. Declared Winner of Voto Latino’s RepUrLetters Challenge