Bucs softball pitcher prepares for final moments of the season
This is Katelin Wolff's last year here at ETSU. Originally from Texas, this 22-year-old senior will be graduating in May with a degree in marketing and has had a spectacular career as the ETSU softball team's pitcher.
"I have been playing softball since I was about 8 years old," Wolff says. That makes this her 14th year in the game of softball.
What is her biggest accomplishment though in all those years of playing softball? "Being able to play softball at the college level, right here at ETSU, has really been the biggest accomplishment for me."
But what drew this Texas native all the way to ETSU for softball? "This place just felt right," Wolff explains.
"The people and the atmosphere here just makes playing for this school feel like home to me." Undoubtedly, the softball girls and coaches will be missing a great pitcher next year with such a positive attitude as Wolff has.
All of the softball girls are excited for the Atlantic Sun Tournament, the first of which will be on May 7, but with this being Wolff's last year playing softball at ETSU, she is especially excited for the tournament.
"This is why our team works so hard every day - so we can make it to the A-Sun tournament," she says.
ETSU's softball team has had 16 wins so far this season. "If we keep racking up wins, we as a team will be able to meet our goal of competing in the A-Sun championships," Wolff says. "We have to keep working and win one game at a time."
Those are her goals for her last season here at ETSU, but what about when she graduates? "I would love to help other girls have the same opportunities in this sport as I have." Wolff explains. "Either giving girls lessons or helping out in some other way to give promising softball players a chance to play in college as well."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent East Tennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
- Freshman admission rises from last year
- SGA president vetoes Sex Week legislation
- SGA wanted to keep BUC Fund
- Be grateful for those around you
- Don’t settle because you’re scared to fail and do your best in all...
- Semicolons teach a special lesson
- University’s commitment to a dry campus is a joke to students
RECENT EAST TENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Empowering People to Regain Their Mobility
- On-Site Workplace Health Clinics Emphasize Chiropractic Care
- 5 Important Tips for Choosing a Medicare Health Plan
- Welcome Your Holiday Guests With Inviting Lighting
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
- Where the Jobs Are: Why Relocating May Be the Best Option
- Value of Education Brings Success Among Unique Student...
- Is Faith Really a Good Thing?
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Renowned Engineer Ric Bradshaw Conducts Fujifilm-Sponsored Campus Tour on Tape Technology
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!
- Leading Digital Strategists Transform Digital Marketing In Business and Academia
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR TO VISIT SEVEN CAMPUSES ACROSS THE COUNTRY, ENGAGING STUDENTS TO COMBAT DISCRIMINATION AND DATING ABUSE
- OH HONEY ARE “SINCERELY YOURS” WITH NEW EP // HONDA CIVIC TOUR