Bucs softball pitcher prepares for final moments of the season
This is Katelin Wolff's last year here at ETSU. Originally from Texas, this 22-year-old senior will be graduating in May with a degree in marketing and has had a spectacular career as the ETSU softball team's pitcher.
"I have been playing softball since I was about 8 years old," Wolff says. That makes this her 14th year in the game of softball.
What is her biggest accomplishment though in all those years of playing softball? "Being able to play softball at the college level, right here at ETSU, has really been the biggest accomplishment for me."
But what drew this Texas native all the way to ETSU for softball? "This place just felt right," Wolff explains.
"The people and the atmosphere here just makes playing for this school feel like home to me." Undoubtedly, the softball girls and coaches will be missing a great pitcher next year with such a positive attitude as Wolff has.
All of the softball girls are excited for the Atlantic Sun Tournament, the first of which will be on May 7, but with this being Wolff's last year playing softball at ETSU, she is especially excited for the tournament.
"This is why our team works so hard every day - so we can make it to the A-Sun tournament," she says.
ETSU's softball team has had 16 wins so far this season. "If we keep racking up wins, we as a team will be able to meet our goal of competing in the A-Sun championships," Wolff says. "We have to keep working and win one game at a time."
Those are her goals for her last season here at ETSU, but what about when she graduates? "I would love to help other girls have the same opportunities in this sport as I have." Wolff explains. "Either giving girls lessons or helping out in some other way to give promising softball players a chance to play in college as well."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
- System recognizes gender spectrum
- ETSU Pride Band opens for Krüger Brothers
- Inclement weather makes it possible for editor to spend more time with...
- RTVF students to present original films
- Bucs end regular season with loss to Mercer
- ETSU split wins with visiting Butler
- Tennis dominates Tennessee Tech in convincing style
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Beat the Crowds: Visit Europe During the Shoulder Seasons
- Building a Better Bridge From Hospital to Home Health Care
- 8 Tips to Selecting Colors for Your Home's Exterior
- This Year, Make a Goal to Contribute More to Your 401(k)
- Giving the Elderly a Lift -- In Their Home
- 4-H Grown: Alumni Asked to Stand Up and Support STEM...
- Haven't Tried Sardines? Try These
- Weatherizing Your Home Can Mean Big Benefits
- 10 Tips to Stay Safe During Spring Break
- 10 Tips for Staying Safe During Spring Break
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Rescue your Spring Break with new app dubbed the "Uber of Roadside Assistance"
- First Lady Michelle Obama and the Peace Corps Join Together to Expand Girls' Education
- Potential health risks of hookah smoking are being overlooked by users
- Study Finds College-age Millennials Hopeful for the Future, Worry about Student Loans and Overspending
- RetailMeNot Helps Students Save Money on Spring Break Travel