Students voice opinions on dining options
Students at ETSU have numerous dining options, the majority of which are located in the D.P. Culp University Center.
On the first floor of the D.P. Culp University Center, students can grab coffee at Starbucks; on the second floor of the Culp Center, students are able to grab a quick meal from the variety of dining options, including Taco Bell, Quiznos, Chick-Fil-A and Field of Greens.
Some students are content with the dining options that are currently offered at ETSU.
"Overall, I am satisfied with the dining options on campus," said Dakota Meeks, a junior. "I feel like Taco Bell and Field of Greens have been great additions to our campus, and a lot of students seem very excited about the possibility of a Subway coming to our campus."
However, there are those who would like to see a wider variety of dining options offered on campus.
"I would love to see more healthy options rather than just fast food," Morgan Southers, a sophomore. "And it would be nice to have somewhere that stayed open for 24 hours for people who are on campus late at night studying."
Other students, while pleased with the dining options on campus, would like to see a change happen with the buffet-style dining option, the Market Place.
"Well, I live off of Taco Bell," said Connor Simmons, a freshman. "I haven't been to 'main meal' much this year. I think all the food up there tastes the same. I'd like to see the quality of the food at 'main meal' get better. Aside from that I'm satisfied with the other food options."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
- ‘Proof’ will premiere at ETSU on Thursday
- Made in East Tennessee postponed until March 3
- YouTubers entertain subscribers
- Bucs baseball put in strong performance at Upstate Classic
- Bucs drop second loss to UTC
- Inclement weather policy fails to keep university open
- Information about Ghandi, Mother Teresa renders less positive depictions of...
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Giving the Elderly a Lift -- In Their Home
- 4-H Grown: Alumni Asked to Stand Up and Support STEM...
- Haven't Tried Sardines? Try These
- Weatherizing Your Home Can Mean Big Benefits
- 10 Tips to Stay Safe During Spring Break
- 10 Tips for Staying Safe During Spring Break
- 3 Things to Know Before Ride-Booking a Car
- For Advanced Heart Failure Patients, There Is Hope
- Bringing Chiropractic to the Little League
- Singapore Pastor Kong Hee Maintains Innocence, Gains...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Potential health risks of hookah smoking are being overlooked by users
- Study Finds College-age Millennials Hopeful for the Future, Worry about Student Loans and Overspending
- RetailMeNot Helps Students Save Money on Spring Break Travel
- Visit Virtual Study Abroad Fair on February 25 to explore study abroad options and win prizes
- Students kill three birds with one stone