Students voice opinions on dining options
Students at ETSU have numerous dining options, the majority of which are located in the D.P. Culp University Center.
On the first floor of the D.P. Culp University Center, students can grab coffee at Starbucks; on the second floor of the Culp Center, students are able to grab a quick meal from the variety of dining options, including Taco Bell, Quiznos, Chick-Fil-A and Field of Greens.
Some students are content with the dining options that are currently offered at ETSU.
"Overall, I am satisfied with the dining options on campus," said Dakota Meeks, a junior. "I feel like Taco Bell and Field of Greens have been great additions to our campus, and a lot of students seem very excited about the possibility of a Subway coming to our campus."
However, there are those who would like to see a wider variety of dining options offered on campus.
"I would love to see more healthy options rather than just fast food," Morgan Southers, a sophomore. "And it would be nice to have somewhere that stayed open for 24 hours for people who are on campus late at night studying."
Other students, while pleased with the dining options on campus, would like to see a change happen with the buffet-style dining option, the Market Place.
"Well, I live off of Taco Bell," said Connor Simmons, a freshman. "I haven't been to 'main meal' much this year. I think all the food up there tastes the same. I'd like to see the quality of the food at 'main meal' get better. Aside from that I'm satisfied with the other food options."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More East Tennessean News Articles
Recent East Tennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
RECENT EAST TENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- When It Comes to Winter Roof Checkups, the Attic Is Your...
- Is It Time to Sell Your Structured Settlement for Cash?
- Pest Proof Now to Protect Homes for Winter
- 3 Fishermen Rescued at Sea Thanks to GPS Device
- Mes de la Hispanidad inspira liderazgo, empoderamiento,...
- Majority of Moms and Moms-to-Be Believe in Public...
- Wineries Speak Up About the Benefits of Using Natural Cork
- Taking a Holistic Approach to Fit Living
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Over 2,000 Groups Prepare to “Hit the Streets” with Volunteers and Celebrities for National Voter Registration Day on September 23, 2014
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections