Women's basketball lends a helping hand
In addition to participating in offseason workouts and conditioning efforts this spring, the ETSU women's basketball team took some time last week to volunteer at the 2014 Gold Humanism Honor Society Induction Ceremony, as well as welcome area elementary school students to the ETSU campus.
On Tuesday, April 15, team members assisted with various activities at the 2014 Gold Humanism Honor Society Induction Ceremony held at One Acre CafÃ© in Johnson City.
The induction ceremony is presented by the Quillen College of Medicine and recognizes senior medical students, residents, and faculty for demonstrating excellence in clinical care, leadership, compassion and dedication to service.
Duties for the participating student-athletes included pre-ceremony set-up and post-event tear down, as well as serving food and bussing tables during the occasion.
The following day, the volunteers welcomed fifth-graders from George Washington Elementary to campus. Serving as guests of the students for the day, the ETSU student-athletes, along with Bucky, enjoyed lunch with the visitors.
The basketball team will also be participating in another volunteer effort on May 2 when hundreds of competitors will be welcomed to the MSHA Athletics Center for the Special Olympics Track & Field Games.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
- Online magazine promotes healthy habits
- Buctainment co-sponsorship of campus events garners greater event attention
- Charles Towne Belles inspires faith
- New exhibitions coming to Reece
- Club soccer team begins at ETSU
- Oshoniyi coaches in 2015 adidas MLS Combine
- I ate my roommate’s girlfriend’s candy, he cried
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- LED Technology Helping People See The World in a Whole...
- Ice Dams Put Homes at Risk for Termites
- 5 Tips to Having a Happy, Healthy Heart
- What Does Million in IRS Budget Cuts Mean for Taxpayers?
- Workers Say a Good Cup of Coffee Can Make Entire Workday...
- Fresh Fruit Delivers Fun and Nutrition
- Say No to the Knife: Reduce the Likeliness Of Surgery...
- Give Your Kitchen a New Look With a Lighting Update
- Garden Project Spreads Its Roots in Urban Areas
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- WHOLE YOU CHALLENGES THE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY AND PUBLIC TO HELP FIND SOLUTIONS FOR THOSE WITH ORAL AND VISION LIMITATIONS
- 10 Reasons Why Cancun is the Spring Break Mecca of the World
- What's Next in Learning Spaces?
- carpooling, Europe's No. 1 ridesharing app, debuts in U.S. to college market
- PwC US Launches CareerAdvisor