President unveils new logo
ETSU President Brian Noland discusses the university’s new logo and the process the university will follow to transition from the old logo. Rebecca Ingram
ETSU President Brian Noland presented April 30 the university's new logo at the spring fling.
Throughout the 2013-14 academic year, the university has hosted focus groups for prospective logos and worked to take the comments of individuals who participated in the focus groups into account.
The university's new logo takes the form of a shield adorned with an "E" that incorporates the shape of the state of Tennessee.
This logo replaces the standing logo, which emphasized the initials of the university and the mountains of the East Tennessee region.
Noland said in a statement that has been posted to the university's new identity page on its website that the university believed that it was being represented by too many different logos.
"These images are used in a variety of forms such as business cards, letterhead, printed and graphic media, our website, and countless other representations of the institution," Noland wrote in the statement. "In addition to these three primary images, we also use more than 120 separate/secondary university logos to represent various colleges, departments, units, and clubs. This landscape is further confounded by a lack of clarity in the official colors for ETSU, which range from blue and gold to yellow and light blue, as well as shades of grey.
"As noted in the work of the Committee for 125, this lack of consistency has led to questions about the visual identity of ETSU."
Noland said that the change in logo is meant to develop consistency in terms of the university's identity.
"This will not be an overnight change," Noland said. "This will be a gradual transition, one that we anticipate may take about two years to complete."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family Fun: Indoor Trampoline Parks Grow by Leaps and Bounds
- Popping the Question Over the Holidays? What Every Guy...
- Helping Golfers Stay in the Swing With Chiropractic Care
- Conserve Energy This Winter by Choosing the Right Windows
- ACA Marketplace Complicates Tax Returns -- May Delay 2015...
- Gifts That Wow, and What They Say About You
- Millennial Travel Is on the Rise
- Taking Care on and off the Sports Field
- Are You a Candidate for Chiropractic Care?
- Worried About Ebola? What's Keeping You Safe at the...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- NEEBO COLLEGE TEXTBOOK SAVINGS TIP: SELL EARLY, BUY EARLY AND SAVE BIG
- Draper University's Tim Draper Hosts YouNoodle Live Featuring Student Entrepreneurs From Around The World
- NATIONAL SURVEY REVEALS CONFLICTED MINDSET OF COLLEGE STUDENTS ABOUT ADHD PRESCRIPTION STIMULANT MISUSE, ABUSE AND DIVERSION
- 7 Tips to Fuel for Finals
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists