Bucs look to bounce back after 5 losses
The Bucs conference record is 4-5, they have currently lost 5 games consecutively. The Bucs plan to step up their game this weekend against North Florida. James Edgar
After upsetting the Volunteers in Knoxville last Tuesday, 2-1, the Bucs looked to build on that win with a road trip to Nashville to face Lipscomb University. That was not the case though; the Bison's swept them after losing one game to Appalachian State.
During the first game of the series both teams were really swinging the bats, but there was very little defense to be seen.
In the first inning, the Bucs fell behind quickly off Lipscomb's home run to left field and an RBI single by Lee to give them a 2-0 lead early in the game. They added onto the lead with three more runs off three hits and a stolen base in the second inning.
The Bucs would answer back in the third inning off a triple by Sorrow, which scored two runs.
Down by seven runs, the Bucs would cap a comeback, but it would not be enough despite scoring off five hits - two of which were doubles. They would fall short 9-7 in Game One of the series.
The next game was completely dominated by Lipscomb's Hunter Brothers, who pitched a two-hit shutout. The Bisons managed to get five runs off 10 hits and one error. The Bisons beat the Bucs 5-0.
The next game was another one where Lipscomb got off to an early lead. In the first inning, Massey scored off a Sistrunk single to left field. Later in the inning, Ashcraft tripled to right field, giving the Bison's a 3-0 early lead.
The Bucs would pull to within one after hits by York, Roach, Taylor and Tritsch to make it 3-2.
In the third inning, after a single by Lee and an ETSU error, the Bison's would add one more run to their lead.
Down in the fifth inning 5-2, Taylor homered to right field cutting the deficit a little closer, but would not be enough to overcome Lipscomb, losing to the Bisons in the final game of the series, 6-3. Lipscomb University now has a 21-12 record and a 10-2 record in the Atlantic-Sun.
This brings ETSU's record to 14-17, with a 4-5 conference record. They have lost five games in a row, but look to bounce back with a home series this weekend against North Florida at Thomas Field.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family Fun: Indoor Trampoline Parks Grow by Leaps and Bounds
- Popping the Question Over the Holidays? What Every Guy...
- Helping Golfers Stay in the Swing With Chiropractic Care
- Conserve Energy This Winter by Choosing the Right Windows
- ACA Marketplace Complicates Tax Returns -- May Delay 2015...
- Gifts That Wow, and What They Say About You
- Millennial Travel Is on the Rise
- Taking Care on and off the Sports Field
- Are You a Candidate for Chiropractic Care?
- Worried About Ebola? What's Keeping You Safe at the...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- NEEBO COLLEGE TEXTBOOK SAVINGS TIP: SELL EARLY, BUY EARLY AND SAVE BIG
- Draper University's Tim Draper Hosts YouNoodle Live Featuring Student Entrepreneurs From Around The World
- NATIONAL SURVEY REVEALS CONFLICTED MINDSET OF COLLEGE STUDENTS ABOUT ADHD PRESCRIPTION STIMULANT MISUSE, ABUSE AND DIVERSION
- 7 Tips to Fuel for Finals
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists