Reach for your dreams, no matter how lazy they may seem
Everybody wants that dream job that doesn't exist.
Everyone would like to be paid a huge amount of money for doing things like playing video games, eating chocolates or desserts, watching TV in your pajamas, reading books and things like that.
I can't tell you where to find these magical jobs that pay enormously and don't exist for some reason, but I will tell you mine: listening to music.
Just sitting at my computer all day listening to music and making money from it would be wonderful.
And I have magnificent qualifications for doing this "job" because I don't discriminate when it comes to genres.
If there's an artist making music somehow with a can of soup, I'll give it a listen.
Of course, that wouldn't be all I'd do. Maybe I'd write a review, because there has to be at least a little work involved in it, after all.
I wouldn't write reviews on albums because that would be just too much work. I'd write reviews on a song, like, five times a week. Maybe. If I felt like it.
And the job wouldn't be competitive, yet I'd still get paid just an astronomical amount.
To be honest, I don't know much about the technicalities of music either, so I wouldn't write about that, but it would still be credible because this is imagination land.
Suppose you wanted to eat sweets for a living.
Maybe you'd want to know how the dessert is made, and that's fine, but wouldn't you rather be paid a stupid amount of money just to eat it and say it was delicious or otherwise?
That's just too perfect.
I can see how these would be useless jobs in the grand scheme of things, but that doesn't matter.
They need to exist!
And maybe I can inspire one of you readers out there to create a market for all these useless, incredibly high-paying, but not competitive, perfect jobs tailored to the individual applying to them.
You need to go do this. Right now.
Don't drop the ball.
I suppose YouTube has provided an outlet for some of these dream jobs.
You can make videos on baking sweets, playing video games with hilarious commentary and just being an idiot to make people laugh and if you get enough views/likes/subscriptions you start getting paid.
But what about listening to music and getting paid for it?
Can't make a video on that.
People would think it's "boring."
So for now, it's a seemingly hopeless dream for me.
But hey, I've at least thought through the different possibilities on how to make it come true.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More East Tennessean News Articles
Recent East Tennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
RECENT EAST TENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Over 2,000 Groups Prepare to “Hit the Streets” with Volunteers and Celebrities for National Voter Registration Day on September 23, 2014
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections