Reach for your dreams, no matter how lazy they may seem
Everybody wants that dream job that doesn't exist.
Everyone would like to be paid a huge amount of money for doing things like playing video games, eating chocolates or desserts, watching TV in your pajamas, reading books and things like that.
I can't tell you where to find these magical jobs that pay enormously and don't exist for some reason, but I will tell you mine: listening to music.
Just sitting at my computer all day listening to music and making money from it would be wonderful.
And I have magnificent qualifications for doing this "job" because I don't discriminate when it comes to genres.
If there's an artist making music somehow with a can of soup, I'll give it a listen.
Of course, that wouldn't be all I'd do. Maybe I'd write a review, because there has to be at least a little work involved in it, after all.
I wouldn't write reviews on albums because that would be just too much work. I'd write reviews on a song, like, five times a week. Maybe. If I felt like it.
And the job wouldn't be competitive, yet I'd still get paid just an astronomical amount.
To be honest, I don't know much about the technicalities of music either, so I wouldn't write about that, but it would still be credible because this is imagination land.
Suppose you wanted to eat sweets for a living.
Maybe you'd want to know how the dessert is made, and that's fine, but wouldn't you rather be paid a stupid amount of money just to eat it and say it was delicious or otherwise?
That's just too perfect.
I can see how these would be useless jobs in the grand scheme of things, but that doesn't matter.
They need to exist!
And maybe I can inspire one of you readers out there to create a market for all these useless, incredibly high-paying, but not competitive, perfect jobs tailored to the individual applying to them.
You need to go do this. Right now.
Don't drop the ball.
I suppose YouTube has provided an outlet for some of these dream jobs.
You can make videos on baking sweets, playing video games with hilarious commentary and just being an idiot to make people laugh and if you get enough views/likes/subscriptions you start getting paid.
But what about listening to music and getting paid for it?
Can't make a video on that.
People would think it's "boring."
So for now, it's a seemingly hopeless dream for me.
But hey, I've at least thought through the different possibilities on how to make it come true.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
- Student tickets go quickly for first football game
- Victory from within at ETSU
- Arts Initiative generates community enthusiasm
- Men’s soccer ends exhibition play with win
- Women’s volleyball predicted to have outstanding season
- Search ongoing for starting quarterback
- Football program boasts memorable history
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Don't Miss a Beat: Tips for Enjoying a Live Concert
- Tips to Enjoy Pest-Free Camping This Summer
- Los Hispanos Predominan En El Mercado De Regreso a Clases...
- Chiropractors Offer Advice to Those With Diabetes
- Waste and Recycling Jobs: Opportunities Are Plentiful
- Landfills: An Unexpected Source of Renewable Energy
- The Best Accessories are Easy, Convenient and Portable
- The Latest Buzz Phrase in Health Care
- Content Agency Promises the Best Bang for Your...
- The Best Accessories for Going Swimming
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Tinder Reveals Top 50 U.S. College Campuses with Most Popular Men and Women
- Little Known Tips to Pay Less at College Bookstores
- 18-25 Years Old? EARN $80 IN 90 MINUTES for Participating in Research Study
- truth® CELEBRATES SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY MOVE TO TOBACCO-FREE
- vitaminwater® Announces Project Hustle Finalists