This past Tuesday evening, students gathered in the Cave to enjoy Civility Week with a "Silent Disco."
Strobe lights, lasers and other necessary props for a dance party were there, but one thing was missing, the music.
Students wore headphones that allowed them to pick one of three stations, hence the 'silent' part.
Hannah Haney, vice president of RHA, organized and planned the silent disco with her executive board. "Without my exec board, I wouldn't know what do to or where to start with all of this."
With help from Buctainment and Silent Bucs, Haney and RHA were able to host "Silent Disco."
Other students passing through the lower part of the Culp noticed the dancing, but no music. As curiosity and word of mouth are contagious, more people began to check out headphones and dance with others.
"Knowing how many people want to come and how word spreads so fast is really worth all the hard work," said Haney.
"Silent Disco" was planned and organized to bring students to get to have fun during Civility Week's events.
"It's also a great time to those who are running in the current campaign to promote themselves," said Haney.
The feeling of friendship and having fun during "Silent Disco" is what makes Civility Week fun. "Getting into the zone, we're all human, we are all we have," Haney said about the beauty of Civility Week on ETSU's campus.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
- Student tickets go quickly for first football game
- Victory from within at ETSU
- Arts Initiative generates community enthusiasm
- Men’s soccer ends exhibition play with win
- Women’s volleyball predicted to have outstanding season
- Search ongoing for starting quarterback
- Football program boasts memorable history
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Don't Miss a Beat: Tips for Enjoying a Live Concert
- Tips to Enjoy Pest-Free Camping This Summer
- Los Hispanos Predominan En El Mercado De Regreso a Clases...
- Chiropractors Offer Advice to Those With Diabetes
- Waste and Recycling Jobs: Opportunities Are Plentiful
- Landfills: An Unexpected Source of Renewable Energy
- The Best Accessories are Easy, Convenient and Portable
- The Latest Buzz Phrase in Health Care
- Content Agency Promises the Best Bang for Your...
- The Best Accessories for Going Swimming
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Five Tips for Making Your Dorm Room Feel Like Home
- Tinder Reveals Top 50 U.S. College Campuses with Most Popular Men and Women
- Little Known Tips to Pay Less at College Bookstores
- 18-25 Years Old? EARN $80 IN 90 MINUTES for Participating in Research Study
- truth® CELEBRATES SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY MOVE TO TOBACCO-FREE