This past Tuesday evening, students gathered in the Cave to enjoy Civility Week with a "Silent Disco."
Strobe lights, lasers and other necessary props for a dance party were there, but one thing was missing, the music.
Students wore headphones that allowed them to pick one of three stations, hence the 'silent' part.
Hannah Haney, vice president of RHA, organized and planned the silent disco with her executive board. "Without my exec board, I wouldn't know what do to or where to start with all of this."
With help from Buctainment and Silent Bucs, Haney and RHA were able to host "Silent Disco."
Other students passing through the lower part of the Culp noticed the dancing, but no music. As curiosity and word of mouth are contagious, more people began to check out headphones and dance with others.
"Knowing how many people want to come and how word spreads so fast is really worth all the hard work," said Haney.
"Silent Disco" was planned and organized to bring students to get to have fun during Civility Week's events.
"It's also a great time to those who are running in the current campaign to promote themselves," said Haney.
The feeling of friendship and having fun during "Silent Disco" is what makes Civility Week fun. "Getting into the zone, we're all human, we are all we have," Haney said about the beauty of Civility Week on ETSU's campus.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More East Tennessean News Articles
Recent East Tennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
RECENT EAST TENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Got a Headache? Manage it With Chiropractic Care
- 3 Pescadores Rescatados en el Mar gracias a Dispositivo GPS
- When It Comes to Winter Roof Checkups, the Attic Is Your...
- Is It Time to Sell Your Structured Settlement for Cash?
- Pest Proof Now to Protect Homes for Winter
- 3 Fishermen Rescued at Sea Thanks to GPS Device
- Mes de la Hispanidad inspira liderazgo, empoderamiento,...
- Majority of Moms and Moms-to-Be Believe in Public...
- Wineries Speak Up About the Benefits of Using Natural Cork
- Taking a Holistic Approach to Fit Living
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Over 2,000 Groups Prepare to “Hit the Streets” with Volunteers and Celebrities for National Voter Registration Day on September 23, 2014
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections