This past Tuesday evening, students gathered in the Cave to enjoy Civility Week with a "Silent Disco."
Strobe lights, lasers and other necessary props for a dance party were there, but one thing was missing, the music.
Students wore headphones that allowed them to pick one of three stations, hence the 'silent' part.
Hannah Haney, vice president of RHA, organized and planned the silent disco with her executive board. "Without my exec board, I wouldn't know what do to or where to start with all of this."
With help from Buctainment and Silent Bucs, Haney and RHA were able to host "Silent Disco."
Other students passing through the lower part of the Culp noticed the dancing, but no music. As curiosity and word of mouth are contagious, more people began to check out headphones and dance with others.
"Knowing how many people want to come and how word spreads so fast is really worth all the hard work," said Haney.
"Silent Disco" was planned and organized to bring students to get to have fun during Civility Week's events.
"It's also a great time to those who are running in the current campaign to promote themselves," said Haney.
The feeling of friendship and having fun during "Silent Disco" is what makes Civility Week fun. "Getting into the zone, we're all human, we are all we have," Haney said about the beauty of Civility Week on ETSU's campus.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
- ETSU Farmers’ Market seeks musicians for upcoming season
- Guitarist will perform at ETSU
- 14 students attend open forums about Culp renovation
- Senate passes resolution allowing students to write on office window
- ETSU tennis team 2-0 in Southern Conference
- Lady Bucs end season with loss to NC State
- ETSU announces stadium location
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Railway Emergency Training Keeps Responders on Track
- 6 Myths About Pet Allergies
- Medical Cannabis Is Growing Like, Well, a Weed
- 6 Common Myths About Pet Allergies
- 5 Things You Don't Know About Superbugs
- BrainStormers: Backyard DIY Inventors Tackle Weather,...
- 4 Surprising Tips You Need to Know Before Buying or...
- What Does It Mean to File a Tax Extension?
- 8 consejos para que las personas de la tercera edad...
- Buyer Beware: Termite Inspections a Necessity for Spring...