This past Tuesday evening, students gathered in the Cave to enjoy Civility Week with a "Silent Disco."
Strobe lights, lasers and other necessary props for a dance party were there, but one thing was missing, the music.
Students wore headphones that allowed them to pick one of three stations, hence the 'silent' part.
Hannah Haney, vice president of RHA, organized and planned the silent disco with her executive board. "Without my exec board, I wouldn't know what do to or where to start with all of this."
With help from Buctainment and Silent Bucs, Haney and RHA were able to host "Silent Disco."
Other students passing through the lower part of the Culp noticed the dancing, but no music. As curiosity and word of mouth are contagious, more people began to check out headphones and dance with others.
"Knowing how many people want to come and how word spreads so fast is really worth all the hard work," said Haney.
"Silent Disco" was planned and organized to bring students to get to have fun during Civility Week's events.
"It's also a great time to those who are running in the current campaign to promote themselves," said Haney.
The feeling of friendship and having fun during "Silent Disco" is what makes Civility Week fun. "Getting into the zone, we're all human, we are all we have," Haney said about the beauty of Civility Week on ETSU's campus.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More East Tennessean News Articles
Recent East Tennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
RECENT EAST TENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care