This past Tuesday evening, students gathered in the Cave to enjoy Civility Week with a "Silent Disco."
Strobe lights, lasers and other necessary props for a dance party were there, but one thing was missing, the music.
Students wore headphones that allowed them to pick one of three stations, hence the 'silent' part.
Hannah Haney, vice president of RHA, organized and planned the silent disco with her executive board. "Without my exec board, I wouldn't know what do to or where to start with all of this."
With help from Buctainment and Silent Bucs, Haney and RHA were able to host "Silent Disco."
Other students passing through the lower part of the Culp noticed the dancing, but no music. As curiosity and word of mouth are contagious, more people began to check out headphones and dance with others.
"Knowing how many people want to come and how word spreads so fast is really worth all the hard work," said Haney.
"Silent Disco" was planned and organized to bring students to get to have fun during Civility Week's events.
"It's also a great time to those who are running in the current campaign to promote themselves," said Haney.
The feeling of friendship and having fun during "Silent Disco" is what makes Civility Week fun. "Getting into the zone, we're all human, we are all we have," Haney said about the beauty of Civility Week on ETSU's campus.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Insuring the Health of America's Emerging...
- New FDA-Cleared Device Significantly Advances IV Therapy...
- Take a Bite Out of Gum Disease By Seeing a Periodontist
- Natural Health Care From Down Under Poised to Make U.S....
- Wellness Travel Is on the Rise
- 3 Steps to Build a Better Nest Egg
- Para los latinos, el Día de las Madres es una...
- Top 4 Signs You Need to Call a Pest Professional
- Another Reason to Choose Chiropractic Care First for Pain...
- Create a Precious Moment for Mom This Mother's Day
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- GREAT GRADUATION GIFT: WHAT THEY DIDN'T TEACH YOU IN SCHOOL!
- National Foundation for Infectious Diseases Calls on College Campuses to Be Prepared for Meningococcal Disease
- Safety App BlueLight Launches at 10 New Campuses for Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- TD Ameritrade Seeks Applicants for NextGen Financial Planning Scholarships, Grants
- Make it Count: Get the Most out of the End of the Semester!