Real to Reel Theater presents ETSU student films
The program for the evening and tickets for the event. Trish Gibson
The Radio/TV/Film Program at ETSU held their annual Made In East Tennessee student film festival this week at Real to Reel Theatre.
There were 11 short films screened during the event that ranged from class assignments, where students were given the scripts and style in which to shoot, to unplanned comedies that were made just for fun.
Fourteen students from the RTVF department participated in making the films which were screened during the event. These students directed, edited and produced these films on little or no budget, which is quite impressive given the amount of time they have and the resources that they are given in a single semester.
The public screening of the films at a local theatre is a great opportunity for the RTVF department to show off how talented and capable their students are.
One of the filmmakers, Jess Hillyer, said "I think the film festival is an awesome opportunity for student filmmakers to see their work on the big screen and allow the community to see our work as well".
The event is coordinated by one of the RTVF department's faculty, Shara Lange.
Without Lange's coordination and input as a professor, this event simply wouldn't be the success that it is.
Hillyer said,"The faculty that support this event are fantastic. They care about the event and they care about our projects as well."
The Made In East Tennessee student film festival occurs every year in April, but if you missed this year's event there is an informal film screening at the end of every semester in the RTVF department located in Warf Pickle Hall.
This screening is free and open to the public and allows students to screen any projects that were not ready enough to be shown in the festival earlier in the semester.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Avoiding Body Drought: Tips to Prevent Dehydration
- Tax-Savings Tips From Licensed Experts
- Not Leo DiCaprio? How to Cut Your Energy Bills Anyway
- Television Best Bets: Streaming Programs Worth Watching
- Modern Farming: Technology Helps Keep Food on the Table
- An End to Acid Reflux?
- How to Select a Contractor: Certification Counts With...
- Modern Landfills: Safe, Smart and Green
- Medicine Safety Reminders for Cold and Flu Season
- What It Takes to Get One of the Most In-Demand Jobs
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists
- 6 ‘Friendsgiving’ tips that won’t leave you stuffed
- PARAMORE UNVEIL EXPANDED DIGITAL EDITION OF BLOCKBUSTER FOURTH ALBUM
- MELANIE MARTINEZ ANNOUNCES THIRD LEG OF “DOLLHOUSE TOUR”
- Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Inc. Declared Winner of Voto Latino’s RepUrLetters Challenge