Real to Reel Theater presents ETSU student films
The program for the evening and tickets for the event. Trish Gibson
The Radio/TV/Film Program at ETSU held their annual Made In East Tennessee student film festival this week at Real to Reel Theatre.
There were 11 short films screened during the event that ranged from class assignments, where students were given the scripts and style in which to shoot, to unplanned comedies that were made just for fun.
Fourteen students from the RTVF department participated in making the films which were screened during the event. These students directed, edited and produced these films on little or no budget, which is quite impressive given the amount of time they have and the resources that they are given in a single semester.
The public screening of the films at a local theatre is a great opportunity for the RTVF department to show off how talented and capable their students are.
One of the filmmakers, Jess Hillyer, said "I think the film festival is an awesome opportunity for student filmmakers to see their work on the big screen and allow the community to see our work as well".
The event is coordinated by one of the RTVF department's faculty, Shara Lange.
Without Lange's coordination and input as a professor, this event simply wouldn't be the success that it is.
Hillyer said,"The faculty that support this event are fantastic. They care about the event and they care about our projects as well."
The Made In East Tennessee student film festival occurs every year in April, but if you missed this year's event there is an informal film screening at the end of every semester in the RTVF department located in Warf Pickle Hall.
This screening is free and open to the public and allows students to screen any projects that were not ready enough to be shown in the festival earlier in the semester.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wellness Travel Is on the Rise
- 3 Steps to Build a Better Nest Egg
- Para los latinos, el Día de las Madres es una...
- Top 4 Signs You Need to Call a Pest Professional
- Another Reason to Choose Chiropractic Care First for Pain...
- Create a Precious Moment for Mom This Mother's Day
- 4 Basic Exercises to Help Older Adults Improve Strength...
- New Drug May Help Control the Spread of Cancer
- Uber to Passengers: Our Drivers May Be Unsafe
- Thermal Imaging Camera Helps Find Hidden Damage in Your Home
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- TD Ameritrade Seeks Applicants for NextGen Financial Planning Scholarships, Grants
- Make it Count: Get the Most out of the End of the Semester!
- FARE's College Food Allergy Program Pilots in a Dozen Schools Nationwide
- HOTSHOT® HOT Canned Coffee gets a Jolt from Kickstarter
- From dating to internships - it's everything you need to know about college: The Her Campus Guide to College Life, Out Now