Real to Reel Theater presents ETSU student films
The program for the evening and tickets for the event. Trish Gibson
The Radio/TV/Film Program at ETSU held their annual Made In East Tennessee student film festival this week at Real to Reel Theatre.
There were 11 short films screened during the event that ranged from class assignments, where students were given the scripts and style in which to shoot, to unplanned comedies that were made just for fun.
Fourteen students from the RTVF department participated in making the films which were screened during the event. These students directed, edited and produced these films on little or no budget, which is quite impressive given the amount of time they have and the resources that they are given in a single semester.
The public screening of the films at a local theatre is a great opportunity for the RTVF department to show off how talented and capable their students are.
One of the filmmakers, Jess Hillyer, said "I think the film festival is an awesome opportunity for student filmmakers to see their work on the big screen and allow the community to see our work as well".
The event is coordinated by one of the RTVF department's faculty, Shara Lange.
Without Lange's coordination and input as a professor, this event simply wouldn't be the success that it is.
Hillyer said,"The faculty that support this event are fantastic. They care about the event and they care about our projects as well."
The Made In East Tennessee student film festival occurs every year in April, but if you missed this year's event there is an informal film screening at the end of every semester in the RTVF department located in Warf Pickle Hall.
This screening is free and open to the public and allows students to screen any projects that were not ready enough to be shown in the festival earlier in the semester.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
- ETSU Farmers’ Market seeks musicians for upcoming season
- Guitarist will perform at ETSU
- 14 students attend open forums about Culp renovation
- Senate passes resolution allowing students to write on office window
- ETSU tennis team 2-0 in Southern Conference
- Lady Bucs end season with loss to NC State
- ETSU announces stadium location
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Railway Emergency Training Keeps Responders on Track
- 6 Myths About Pet Allergies
- Medical Cannabis Is Growing Like, Well, a Weed
- 6 Common Myths About Pet Allergies
- 5 Things You Don't Know About Superbugs
- BrainStormers: Backyard DIY Inventors Tackle Weather,...
- 4 Surprising Tips You Need to Know Before Buying or...
- What Does It Mean to File a Tax Extension?
- 8 consejos para que las personas de la tercera edad...
- Buyer Beware: Termite Inspections a Necessity for Spring...