'Angelspit' releasing new album this month
This summer will be a big time for music for me.
All of my favorite singers and bands seem to be putting out new music and touring all at the same time, and I am just overwhelmed with musical joy.
One of my all-time favorite bands in the whole wide universe is Angelspit.
I was introduced to them back in junior high school, and I have loved them ever since.
The band is comprised of two main members: Zoog and Amelia Arsenic, formerly known as Destroy X.
Though Amelia Arsenic is mostly off on her own doing her own stuff (and is also coming out with a solo album in the near future,) she will still be featured in Angelspit's new album, "The Product."
The band puts out a unique sound of electro-experimental punk, which is charged with politics.
I haven't heard any of the songs on their new album yet (though snippets are available on YouTube.)
This band is the only band I have ever seen perform twice, once when I lived in St. Paul (the first concert I ever went to, by the way) and once when I was in Chicago with my boyfriend.
Both times I have seen them, Amelia and Zoog walked straight up to audience members, had conversations with people, signed autographs and took pictures.
Even as big as they are, they'll talk to you like it's no big deal.
They don't let their fame go to their head, and that's what makes their concerts so fun!
Though the band has a large following, like Lady Gaga or M.I.A, their venues tend to be smaller.
Only a couple hundred people will attend at the most.
Attendees tend to be very free. They will dance and even occasionally mosh.
Though I personally don't like moshing, it doesn't take away from the experience of seeing them live. All-in-all, it's a fun time just to watch them perform.
Their new album, "The Product" releases soon this month.
The exact date isn't set, but I will be watching my Facebook closely and will pounce on the unique listening experience that is Angelspit.
Check them out! They may look a bit scary, but their music is a great listen!
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
- ETSU officials say university will focus on preventing sexual assaults
- University selects new dean of students
- Ohio parents’ beliefs cost daughter her life
- SGA president discusses issues of importance
- ‘Do One Thing’ helps environment; monument meant to inspire students to...
- Guest pianist Myer will play at ETSU
- Lady Bucs are 3-0 in conference with win against UNCG Spartans
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
- How to Be More Productive During Your Business Flights
- It's Never too Late to Start Living Healthy
- Revive tus objetivos de verte saludable en 2015
- Debunking Common Tax-Filing Myths
- With Help From Chile, Blueberries Stay Fresh All Winter
- Small Fixtures Make a Big Design Impact
- Keeping the Workplace in Proper Alignment
- 5 Seasonal Invaders and How to Keep Them Out in the Cold
- Not Just a Man's World, Female Entrepreneurs Are Making...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- ASCO Numatics Announces 2015 Industrial Automation Engineering Scholarships
- Coffee Club Goes Viral With Members Earning Free Starbucks Cards
- UniversitySpot.com Introduces Extensive, Curated List of Free Online Courses for Winter 2015
- NEEBO COLLEGE TEXTBOOK SAVINGS TIP: SELL EARLY, BUY EARLY AND SAVE BIG
- Draper University's Tim Draper Hosts YouNoodle Live Featuring Student Entrepreneurs From Around The World