'Angelspit' releasing new album this month
This summer will be a big time for music for me.
All of my favorite singers and bands seem to be putting out new music and touring all at the same time, and I am just overwhelmed with musical joy.
One of my all-time favorite bands in the whole wide universe is Angelspit.
I was introduced to them back in junior high school, and I have loved them ever since.
The band is comprised of two main members: Zoog and Amelia Arsenic, formerly known as Destroy X.
Though Amelia Arsenic is mostly off on her own doing her own stuff (and is also coming out with a solo album in the near future,) she will still be featured in Angelspit's new album, "The Product."
The band puts out a unique sound of electro-experimental punk, which is charged with politics.
I haven't heard any of the songs on their new album yet (though snippets are available on YouTube.)
This band is the only band I have ever seen perform twice, once when I lived in St. Paul (the first concert I ever went to, by the way) and once when I was in Chicago with my boyfriend.
Both times I have seen them, Amelia and Zoog walked straight up to audience members, had conversations with people, signed autographs and took pictures.
Even as big as they are, they'll talk to you like it's no big deal.
They don't let their fame go to their head, and that's what makes their concerts so fun!
Though the band has a large following, like Lady Gaga or M.I.A, their venues tend to be smaller.
Only a couple hundred people will attend at the most.
Attendees tend to be very free. They will dance and even occasionally mosh.
Though I personally don't like moshing, it doesn't take away from the experience of seeing them live. All-in-all, it's a fun time just to watch them perform.
Their new album, "The Product" releases soon this month.
The exact date isn't set, but I will be watching my Facebook closely and will pounce on the unique listening experience that is Angelspit.
Check them out! They may look a bit scary, but their music is a great listen!
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
- Kristjansson returns for final season on men’s golf team
- Undergrad student focuses on holistic medicine
- Willow Tree offers inviting atmosphere for students
- ETSU gears up for Culp renovations
- Parking services seeking student input
- SGA executive laments lack of legislation
- Tennessee Promise has slight effect on enrollment
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Clues in the Attic: Pre-Winter Roof Checkups Made Easy
- Feeding Your Joints to Stay on the Move
- High Tech Pearls Are Captivating the Younger Jewelry...
- Making Halloween a Treat For Parents As Well As Kids
- Career in Sales Can Satisfy an Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Lighting Tips for Your Media Room
- The High Price of Health Care Illiteracy
- More Americans Choose Chiropractic Care: Gallup
- Is the Controversy Around Carrageenan Warranted?
- Limited Space, Big Love: Solutions for Cat Lovers in...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Event: Panel Discussion for Student Media
- All-New National Student Day Contest Opens Today
- Calling All College Football Fans: Samsung Milk Music Now Live Streaming Home and Away Feeds of NCAA Football Games
- Golden Door Scholars Expands Reach of College Scholarship Program for High-Performing Undocumented Students
- INTRODUCING: PAY YOUR SELFIE™, THE FIRST APP THAT PAYS CASH TO ANYONE FOR SELFIES