'Angelspit' releasing new album this month
This summer will be a big time for music for me.
All of my favorite singers and bands seem to be putting out new music and touring all at the same time, and I am just overwhelmed with musical joy.
One of my all-time favorite bands in the whole wide universe is Angelspit.
I was introduced to them back in junior high school, and I have loved them ever since.
The band is comprised of two main members: Zoog and Amelia Arsenic, formerly known as Destroy X.
Though Amelia Arsenic is mostly off on her own doing her own stuff (and is also coming out with a solo album in the near future,) she will still be featured in Angelspit's new album, "The Product."
The band puts out a unique sound of electro-experimental punk, which is charged with politics.
I haven't heard any of the songs on their new album yet (though snippets are available on YouTube.)
This band is the only band I have ever seen perform twice, once when I lived in St. Paul (the first concert I ever went to, by the way) and once when I was in Chicago with my boyfriend.
Both times I have seen them, Amelia and Zoog walked straight up to audience members, had conversations with people, signed autographs and took pictures.
Even as big as they are, they'll talk to you like it's no big deal.
They don't let their fame go to their head, and that's what makes their concerts so fun!
Though the band has a large following, like Lady Gaga or M.I.A, their venues tend to be smaller.
Only a couple hundred people will attend at the most.
Attendees tend to be very free. They will dance and even occasionally mosh.
Though I personally don't like moshing, it doesn't take away from the experience of seeing them live. All-in-all, it's a fun time just to watch them perform.
Their new album, "The Product" releases soon this month.
The exact date isn't set, but I will be watching my Facebook closely and will pounce on the unique listening experience that is Angelspit.
Check them out! They may look a bit scary, but their music is a great listen!
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
- University cleared after being accused of research missteps, plans to improve
- The Jubilee solution will eliminate the student loan crisis
- SGA has insight for students
- Public safety waiting for info on sexual assaults
- Halloween movies to impress moviegoers
- Defining your measure of worth
- Small groups can turn into big voices
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Skydiving Vikings to Deliver Minnesota's Game Ball
- IRS Warns Taxpayers of Latest Phone Fraud Scam
- Putting Your Vacation Home to Work for You
- Finding Answers to Growing Concerns About Water Fluoridation
- Empowering People to Regain Their Mobility
- On-Site Workplace Health Clinics Emphasize Chiropractic Care
- 5 Important Tips for Choosing a Medicare Health Plan
- Welcome Your Holiday Guests With Inviting Lighting
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- College women switching to Sobrr this Halloween as the best app for fun -- and finding soul mates.
- Win $1,000 to Study Abroad in Italy. The ItaliaRail Study Abroad in Italy Scholarship for Spring 2015 is now accepting applications.
- 7 Tips for Scoring a Tailgating Touchdown
- Renowned Engineer Ric Bradshaw Conducts Fujifilm-Sponsored Campus Tour on Tape Technology
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!