'Angelspit' releasing new album this month
This summer will be a big time for music for me.
All of my favorite singers and bands seem to be putting out new music and touring all at the same time, and I am just overwhelmed with musical joy.
One of my all-time favorite bands in the whole wide universe is Angelspit.
I was introduced to them back in junior high school, and I have loved them ever since.
The band is comprised of two main members: Zoog and Amelia Arsenic, formerly known as Destroy X.
Though Amelia Arsenic is mostly off on her own doing her own stuff (and is also coming out with a solo album in the near future,) she will still be featured in Angelspit's new album, "The Product."
The band puts out a unique sound of electro-experimental punk, which is charged with politics.
I haven't heard any of the songs on their new album yet (though snippets are available on YouTube.)
This band is the only band I have ever seen perform twice, once when I lived in St. Paul (the first concert I ever went to, by the way) and once when I was in Chicago with my boyfriend.
Both times I have seen them, Amelia and Zoog walked straight up to audience members, had conversations with people, signed autographs and took pictures.
Even as big as they are, they'll talk to you like it's no big deal.
They don't let their fame go to their head, and that's what makes their concerts so fun!
Though the band has a large following, like Lady Gaga or M.I.A, their venues tend to be smaller.
Only a couple hundred people will attend at the most.
Attendees tend to be very free. They will dance and even occasionally mosh.
Though I personally don't like moshing, it doesn't take away from the experience of seeing them live. All-in-all, it's a fun time just to watch them perform.
Their new album, "The Product" releases soon this month.
The exact date isn't set, but I will be watching my Facebook closely and will pounce on the unique listening experience that is Angelspit.
Check them out! They may look a bit scary, but their music is a great listen!
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More East Tennessean News Articles
Recent East Tennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
RECENT EAST TENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Over 2,000 Groups Prepare to “Hit the Streets” with Volunteers and Celebrities for National Voter Registration Day on September 23, 2014
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections