Tobis, Squibbs named A-Sun Field Athletes of the Week
Sophomore Verena Tobis and freshman Brett Squibbs were named Atlantic Sun Conference Field Athletes of the Week, the league office announced Wednesday.
Tobis earned the honor by tallying ETSU's lone event win at the Charlotte 49er Classic with a first-place mark of 45.11 meters in the javelin throw.
This mark is a personal best for the sophomore and ranks 36th in the nation as well as is the top mark in the event in the A-Sun. The sophomore also placed third in the discus throw with a toss of 45.38 meters which is 73rd-best in the nation and stands second in the A-Sun.
Also in the field at the Classic, Squibbs received his accolade by taking second in the seeded men's pole-vault event with a throw of 4.95 meters. This mark ranks 13th in the East Region, 29th in the nation and leads the conference by .20 meters.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Insuring the Health of America's Emerging...
- New FDA-Cleared Device Significantly Advances IV Therapy...
- Take a Bite Out of Gum Disease By Seeing a Periodontist
- Natural Health Care From Down Under Poised to Make U.S....
- Wellness Travel Is on the Rise
- 3 Steps to Build a Better Nest Egg
- Para los latinos, el Día de las Madres es una...
- Top 4 Signs You Need to Call a Pest Professional
- Another Reason to Choose Chiropractic Care First for Pain...
- Create a Precious Moment for Mom This Mother's Day
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- GREAT GRADUATION GIFT: WHAT THEY DIDN'T TEACH YOU IN SCHOOL!
- National Foundation for Infectious Diseases Calls on College Campuses to Be Prepared for Meningococcal Disease
- Safety App BlueLight Launches at 10 New Campuses for Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- TD Ameritrade Seeks Applicants for NextGen Financial Planning Scholarships, Grants
- Make it Count: Get the Most out of the End of the Semester!