Tobis, Squibbs named A-Sun Field Athletes of the Week
Sophomore Verena Tobis and freshman Brett Squibbs were named Atlantic Sun Conference Field Athletes of the Week, the league office announced Wednesday.
Tobis earned the honor by tallying ETSU's lone event win at the Charlotte 49er Classic with a first-place mark of 45.11 meters in the javelin throw.
This mark is a personal best for the sophomore and ranks 36th in the nation as well as is the top mark in the event in the A-Sun. The sophomore also placed third in the discus throw with a toss of 45.38 meters which is 73rd-best in the nation and stands second in the A-Sun.
Also in the field at the Classic, Squibbs received his accolade by taking second in the seeded men's pole-vault event with a throw of 4.95 meters. This mark ranks 13th in the East Region, 29th in the nation and leads the conference by .20 meters.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Prevent Water Damage And Cut Insurance Costs
- How to Sit Through a Movie in Comfort
- Pointers for Packing the Perfect Summer Picnic
- Natural Snacks Make Nutritious Meals
- How American-Made Products Benefit Many
- Los Hispanos Celebran El Verano Con Diversión,...
- Minimizing the Mess: How to Keep a Clean Home With Kids
- Millennials Help Boost the Popularity of ETFs
- How to Handle the Potential Pitfalls of Dating
- Smart Homes Save Time and Money
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- vitaminwater® Announces Project Hustle Finalists
- Supermodel Jaslene Gonzalez to Speak at Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority 25th Anniversary Sisterhood Retreat
- LEMELSON-MIT ANNOUNCES NATIONAL COLLEGIATE STUDENT PRIZE COMPETITION WINNERS
- NEW WEBSITE FEATURES COLLEGE PROFESSORS EXCLUSIVELY AS ONLINE TUTORS
- Dickinson College and Jadu Reinvent Website and Portal with 'Single Experience Student Platform'