Wahl plays strong round, but Bucs finish 8th
Junior Gabriella Wahl posted a team-best round of even-par 72 to lead the ETSU women's golf team during third and final round play in the Briar's Creek Invitational Tuesday at the Golf Club at Briar's Creek.
Unfortunately for the 44th-ranked Buccaneers, no other player carded a score of better than 77 on Tuesday and ETSU ultimately finished in a tie for eighth amid the 17-team field, this after beginning the day in fifth place on the team leaderboard. Wahl and senior Lourdes Lopez posted the team's best individual finishes of the event, tying for 33rd.
In the team competition, Texas Tech outlasted Penn State by four strokes to take home the championship, while Penn State's Christina Vosters fired a final round score of 4-under-par 68 to take the individual title.
"We came out of the gates really well, but we struggled to finish the round," said ETSU assistant coach Lauren Stratton, who is on the road with the team as head coach Stefanie Shelton is on maternity leave. "It was a disappointing finish, but we now know what we need to work on as we move forward this spring."
Other ETSU results included a tie for 37th by senior Sian Evans, while freshman Linda Dobele and sophomore Vivienne Chin finished tied for 49th and 51st, respectively.
The Bucs will return to action April 4th in the Rebel Intercollegiate hosted by Ole Miss in Oxford, Miss.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
- Online magazine promotes healthy habits
- Buctainment co-sponsorship of campus events garners greater event attention
- Charles Towne Belles inspires faith
- New exhibitions coming to Reece
- Club soccer team begins at ETSU
- Oshoniyi coaches in 2015 adidas MLS Combine
- I ate my roommate’s girlfriend’s candy, he cried
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Workers Say a Good Cup of Coffee Can Make Entire Workday...
- Fresh Fruit Delivers Fun and Nutrition
- Say No to the Knife: Reduce the Likeliness Of Surgery...
- Give Your Kitchen a New Look With a Lighting Update
- Garden Project Spreads Its Roots in Urban Areas
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
- How to Be More Productive During Your Business Flights
- It's Never too Late to Start Living Healthy
- Revive tus objetivos de verte saludable en 2015
- Debunking Common Tax-Filing Myths
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- WHOLE YOU CHALLENGES THE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY AND PUBLIC TO HELP FIND SOLUTIONS FOR THOSE WITH ORAL AND VISION LIMITATIONS
- 10 Reasons Why Cancun is the Spring Break Mecca of the World
- What's Next in Learning Spaces?
- carpooling, Europe's No. 1 ridesharing app, debuts in U.S. to college market
- PwC US Launches CareerAdvisor