Rutledge earns State of Franklin Bank award
East Tennessee State University volleyball standout Jamie Rutledge has been selected as the State of Franklin Bank/ETSU Community Service Student-Athlete of the Month, an award recognizing the exemplary community service efforts of ETSU student-athletes.
When Rutledge is not registering double-doubles or notching double-digit assists on the volleyball court, she is doing community service all over the country. Some of her recent community service endeavors include adult day service learning, where she helps take care of those adults who are physically or mentally challenged, or frail due to advanced age.
Rutledge also spends her time volunteering at the Salvation Army as well as our own Little Bucs.
Rutledge was appointed by the athletic staff and her peers as the Community Service Representative for the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) because of her strong passion for community service and aid.
If all of these endeavors weren't enough, she also travels outside the Tri-Cities community for mission trips during the summer to help rebuild homes for those who were affected by natural disasters.
"Jamie is a model student-athlete that always exceeds our expectations whether it is on the court, in the classroom, or in the community," said Jacob Allen, ETSU academic coordinator and SAAC director. "We are exceptionally fortunate to not only have her on the SAAC committee representing volleyball, but also have her as one of the shining stars representing ETSU athletics."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Insuring the Health of America's Emerging...
- New FDA-Cleared Device Significantly Advances IV Therapy...
- Take a Bite Out of Gum Disease By Seeing a Periodontist
- Natural Health Care From Down Under Poised to Make U.S....
- Wellness Travel Is on the Rise
- 3 Steps to Build a Better Nest Egg
- Para los latinos, el Día de las Madres es una...
- Top 4 Signs You Need to Call a Pest Professional
- Another Reason to Choose Chiropractic Care First for Pain...
- Create a Precious Moment for Mom This Mother's Day
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- GREAT GRADUATION GIFT: WHAT THEY DIDN'T TEACH YOU IN SCHOOL!
- National Foundation for Infectious Diseases Calls on College Campuses to Be Prepared for Meningococcal Disease
- Safety App BlueLight Launches at 10 New Campuses for Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- TD Ameritrade Seeks Applicants for NextGen Financial Planning Scholarships, Grants
- Make it Count: Get the Most out of the End of the Semester!