Rutledge earns State of Franklin Bank award
East Tennessee State University volleyball standout Jamie Rutledge has been selected as the State of Franklin Bank/ETSU Community Service Student-Athlete of the Month, an award recognizing the exemplary community service efforts of ETSU student-athletes.
When Rutledge is not registering double-doubles or notching double-digit assists on the volleyball court, she is doing community service all over the country. Some of her recent community service endeavors include adult day service learning, where she helps take care of those adults who are physically or mentally challenged, or frail due to advanced age.
Rutledge also spends her time volunteering at the Salvation Army as well as our own Little Bucs.
Rutledge was appointed by the athletic staff and her peers as the Community Service Representative for the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) because of her strong passion for community service and aid.
If all of these endeavors weren't enough, she also travels outside the Tri-Cities community for mission trips during the summer to help rebuild homes for those who were affected by natural disasters.
"Jamie is a model student-athlete that always exceeds our expectations whether it is on the court, in the classroom, or in the community," said Jacob Allen, ETSU academic coordinator and SAAC director. "We are exceptionally fortunate to not only have her on the SAAC committee representing volleyball, but also have her as one of the shining stars representing ETSU athletics."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More East Tennessean News Articles
Recent East Tennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
RECENT EAST TENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care