Rutledge earns State of Franklin Bank award
East Tennessee State University volleyball standout Jamie Rutledge has been selected as the State of Franklin Bank/ETSU Community Service Student-Athlete of the Month, an award recognizing the exemplary community service efforts of ETSU student-athletes.
When Rutledge is not registering double-doubles or notching double-digit assists on the volleyball court, she is doing community service all over the country. Some of her recent community service endeavors include adult day service learning, where she helps take care of those adults who are physically or mentally challenged, or frail due to advanced age.
Rutledge also spends her time volunteering at the Salvation Army as well as our own Little Bucs.
Rutledge was appointed by the athletic staff and her peers as the Community Service Representative for the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) because of her strong passion for community service and aid.
If all of these endeavors weren't enough, she also travels outside the Tri-Cities community for mission trips during the summer to help rebuild homes for those who were affected by natural disasters.
"Jamie is a model student-athlete that always exceeds our expectations whether it is on the court, in the classroom, or in the community," said Jacob Allen, ETSU academic coordinator and SAAC director. "We are exceptionally fortunate to not only have her on the SAAC committee representing volleyball, but also have her as one of the shining stars representing ETSU athletics."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Don't Miss a Beat: Tips for Enjoying a Live Concert
- Tips to Enjoy Pest-Free Camping This Summer
- Los Hispanos Predominan En El Mercado De Regreso a Clases...
- Chiropractors Offer Advice to Those With Diabetes
- Waste and Recycling Jobs: Opportunities Are Plentiful
- Landfills: An Unexpected Source of Renewable Energy
- The Best Accessories are Easy, Convenient and Portable
- The Latest Buzz Phrase in Health Care
- Content Agency Promises the Best Bang for Your...
- The Best Accessories for Going Swimming