Rutledge earns State of Franklin Bank award
East Tennessee State University volleyball standout Jamie Rutledge has been selected as the State of Franklin Bank/ETSU Community Service Student-Athlete of the Month, an award recognizing the exemplary community service efforts of ETSU student-athletes.
When Rutledge is not registering double-doubles or notching double-digit assists on the volleyball court, she is doing community service all over the country. Some of her recent community service endeavors include adult day service learning, where she helps take care of those adults who are physically or mentally challenged, or frail due to advanced age.
Rutledge also spends her time volunteering at the Salvation Army as well as our own Little Bucs.
Rutledge was appointed by the athletic staff and her peers as the Community Service Representative for the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) because of her strong passion for community service and aid.
If all of these endeavors weren't enough, she also travels outside the Tri-Cities community for mission trips during the summer to help rebuild homes for those who were affected by natural disasters.
"Jamie is a model student-athlete that always exceeds our expectations whether it is on the court, in the classroom, or in the community," said Jacob Allen, ETSU academic coordinator and SAAC director. "We are exceptionally fortunate to not only have her on the SAAC committee representing volleyball, but also have her as one of the shining stars representing ETSU athletics."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More East Tennessean News Articles
Recent East Tennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
- Bucs shutout Keydets
- Buc’s men’s soccer ties Wofford Bears, 3-3
- Lady Bucs defeat Wofford
- ‘It’s a Girl’ addresses gendercide
- ‘Super Smash Bros.’ game has become Nintendo’s kingmaker
- Volunteers needed for fall carnival that will take place Oct. 24
- Meditation aids in relaxation, improvement of mental, physical health
RECENT EAST TENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
- Where the Jobs Are: Why Relocating May Be the Best Option
- Value of Education Brings Success Among Unique Student...
- Is Faith Really a Good Thing?
- Are Workers Taking Enough Time to Understand Their...
- Save Now With Proven High-Efficiency Gas Wall-Hung Boiler
- Some Jobs Really Are a Pain in the Back
- Are Your Investments Doomed by Overfunded Public Markets?
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!
- Leading Digital Strategists Transform Digital Marketing In Business and Academia
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR TO VISIT SEVEN CAMPUSES ACROSS THE COUNTRY, ENGAGING STUDENTS TO COMBAT DISCRIMINATION AND DATING ABUSE
- OH HONEY ARE “SINCERELY YOURS” WITH NEW EP // HONDA CIVIC TOUR
- Mercedes-Benz Financial Services wants you to help “Drive Our Future”