Rutledge earns State of Franklin Bank award
East Tennessee State University volleyball standout Jamie Rutledge has been selected as the State of Franklin Bank/ETSU Community Service Student-Athlete of the Month, an award recognizing the exemplary community service efforts of ETSU student-athletes.
When Rutledge is not registering double-doubles or notching double-digit assists on the volleyball court, she is doing community service all over the country. Some of her recent community service endeavors include adult day service learning, where she helps take care of those adults who are physically or mentally challenged, or frail due to advanced age.
Rutledge also spends her time volunteering at the Salvation Army as well as our own Little Bucs.
Rutledge was appointed by the athletic staff and her peers as the Community Service Representative for the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) because of her strong passion for community service and aid.
If all of these endeavors weren't enough, she also travels outside the Tri-Cities community for mission trips during the summer to help rebuild homes for those who were affected by natural disasters.
"Jamie is a model student-athlete that always exceeds our expectations whether it is on the court, in the classroom, or in the community," said Jacob Allen, ETSU academic coordinator and SAAC director. "We are exceptionally fortunate to not only have her on the SAAC committee representing volleyball, but also have her as one of the shining stars representing ETSU athletics."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More East Tennessean News Articles
Recent East Tennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
RECENT EAST TENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- 3 Fishermen Rescued at Sea Thanks to GPS Device
- Mes de la Hispanidad inspira liderazgo, empoderamiento,...
- Majority of Moms and Moms-to-Be Believe in Public...
- Wineries Speak Up About the Benefits of Using Natural Cork
- Taking a Holistic Approach to Fit Living
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Over 2,000 Groups Prepare to “Hit the Streets” with Volunteers and Celebrities for National Voter Registration Day on September 23, 2014
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections