President reaches out to students
Whether he's attending a play presented by the Division of Theatre and Dance or eating lunch with students, ETSU President Brian Noland actively finds ways to connect with the university's student body.
Noland's active involvement with ETSU students ensures that the campus community has ready access to campus leadership.
"He not only interacts with us on a daily basis, but he listens to us," junior Alexandria Quillin said. "That is such an important quality for a leader to have."
One way that Noland connects to the student of ETSU is through "From My Notepads," a segmented video series available for students' viewing. The main topic of each video can vary from the James H. Quillen College of Medicine to the ETSU Arts Initiative, but the underlying theme of the series stays the same.
"The overarching goal of 'From My Notepads' is to open up a line of conversation with students," Noland said.
Noland also makes an effort to attend many events at ETSU, including performances by the Department of Theatre and Dance.
"I try to get involved in as many events as I can," Noland said.
In the past, Noland has participated in playing basketball with students, both on intramural teams and in the CPA.
"From my first week on campus, I tried to get down to the CPA to play basketball," Noland said.
"It gives you a really informal setting to connect with students."
Noland has not been able to play basketball since his car accident in November, but said that he hopes to be able to do so again someday.
"One of the ways I'd like to connect with students is to get back to the classroom," Noland said.
Noland also said that he's toyed with the idea of having a radio show on WETS.
Noland said that his office is dedicated to helping ETSU and hearing their questions and ideas about the institution.
"We're here to serve the students of ETSU," he said.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Insuring the Health of America's Emerging...
- New FDA-Cleared Device Significantly Advances IV Therapy...
- Take a Bite Out of Gum Disease By Seeing a Periodontist
- Natural Health Care From Down Under Poised to Make U.S....
- Wellness Travel Is on the Rise
- 3 Steps to Build a Better Nest Egg
- Para los latinos, el Día de las Madres es una...
- Top 4 Signs You Need to Call a Pest Professional
- Another Reason to Choose Chiropractic Care First for Pain...
- Create a Precious Moment for Mom This Mother's Day
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- GREAT GRADUATION GIFT: WHAT THEY DIDN'T TEACH YOU IN SCHOOL!
- National Foundation for Infectious Diseases Calls on College Campuses to Be Prepared for Meningococcal Disease
- Safety App BlueLight Launches at 10 New Campuses for Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- TD Ameritrade Seeks Applicants for NextGen Financial Planning Scholarships, Grants
- Make it Count: Get the Most out of the End of the Semester!