President reaches out to students
Whether he's attending a play presented by the Division of Theatre and Dance or eating lunch with students, ETSU President Brian Noland actively finds ways to connect with the university's student body.
Noland's active involvement with ETSU students ensures that the campus community has ready access to campus leadership.
"He not only interacts with us on a daily basis, but he listens to us," junior Alexandria Quillin said. "That is such an important quality for a leader to have."
One way that Noland connects to the student of ETSU is through "From My Notepads," a segmented video series available for students' viewing. The main topic of each video can vary from the James H. Quillen College of Medicine to the ETSU Arts Initiative, but the underlying theme of the series stays the same.
"The overarching goal of 'From My Notepads' is to open up a line of conversation with students," Noland said.
Noland also makes an effort to attend many events at ETSU, including performances by the Department of Theatre and Dance.
"I try to get involved in as many events as I can," Noland said.
In the past, Noland has participated in playing basketball with students, both on intramural teams and in the CPA.
"From my first week on campus, I tried to get down to the CPA to play basketball," Noland said.
"It gives you a really informal setting to connect with students."
Noland has not been able to play basketball since his car accident in November, but said that he hopes to be able to do so again someday.
"One of the ways I'd like to connect with students is to get back to the classroom," Noland said.
Noland also said that he's toyed with the idea of having a radio show on WETS.
Noland said that his office is dedicated to helping ETSU and hearing their questions and ideas about the institution.
"We're here to serve the students of ETSU," he said.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
- ETSU Farmers’ Market seeks musicians for upcoming season
- Guitarist will perform at ETSU
- 14 students attend open forums about Culp renovation
- Senate passes resolution allowing students to write on office window
- ETSU tennis team 2-0 in Southern Conference
- Lady Bucs end season with loss to NC State
- ETSU announces stadium location
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- How to Make Outdoor Spaces as Beautiful and Comfortable...
- Railway Emergency Training Keeps Responders on Track
- 6 Myths About Pet Allergies
- Medical Cannabis Is Growing Like, Well, a Weed
- 6 Common Myths About Pet Allergies
- 5 Things You Don't Know About Superbugs
- BrainStormers: Backyard DIY Inventors Tackle Weather,...
- 4 Surprising Tips You Need to Know Before Buying or...
- What Does It Mean to File a Tax Extension?
- 8 consejos para que las personas de la tercera edad...