Trading Temple Run for fun
Recently the GRE underwent a complete renovation. The revised test allows for an extra hour to complete the test and incorporates additional verbal and math sections and an on-screen calculator. A practice test is being offered at ETSU on Monday, Oct. 2 from 5-9 p.m. in Rogers-Stout Hall. sxc.hu
For college students who are fans of the game Temple Run but who can better relate to campus life than to the Indiana Jones-like premise of Temple Run, a new mobile game called Campus Beer Run 3D is worth checking out.
Developed by Wutango Media based in Seattle, the game is "the world's first temple run for belligerent college party-goers," according to the company's website.
The theme takes advantage of popular ideas of what a typical college party is like.
You won't find textbooks, lab coats or professors in this game. Instead, you will find countless kegs and plenty of drunken characters.
The game plays on stereotypes of college party-goers by featuring an assortment of characters such as cheerleaders, frat boys, sorority girls and nerds.
The object of the game is to collect booze while evading the cops who, like the evil monkeys in Temple Run, pursue the player's character.
Like many mobile games, Campus Beer Run 3D allows players to race against friends and random players.
It is unique though, because it also features a multi-player element that encourages competition between universities.
This feature provides tournaments so a gamer can compete against players from rival colleges.
The game will be available for iOS mobile devices, such as the iPhone, as well as for most Android devices.
The company needs help, though, to fully develop their vision for this game and to add final touches on the game's graphics. To raise funds, they are using Kickstarter, a funding platform often used by artists and creators of all kinds, to raise money for their projects.
Those interested can back the project with a $1 minimum pledge. Several pledge levels are available, and each offers increasing incentives.
For example, anyone who pledges $5 or more will become part of the game's testing team and will be recognized in the game credits once the game is released.
More information, photos and a video featuring Allen Wu, Wutango Media CEO, are available online.
Visit www.wutango.com or support the Campus Beer Run 3D Kickstarter page at http://bit.ly/campusbeer.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More East Tennessean News Articles
Recent East Tennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
RECENT EAST TENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- 3 Fishermen Rescued at Sea Thanks to GPS Device
- Mes de la Hispanidad inspira liderazgo, empoderamiento,...
- Majority of Moms and Moms-to-Be Believe in Public...
- Wineries Speak Up About the Benefits of Using Natural Cork
- Taking a Holistic Approach to Fit Living
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Over 2,000 Groups Prepare to “Hit the Streets” with Volunteers and Celebrities for National Voter Registration Day on September 23, 2014
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections