Trading Temple Run for fun
Recently the GRE underwent a complete renovation. The revised test allows for an extra hour to complete the test and incorporates additional verbal and math sections and an on-screen calculator. A practice test is being offered at ETSU on Monday, Oct. 2 from 5-9 p.m. in Rogers-Stout Hall. sxc.hu
For college students who are fans of the game Temple Run but who can better relate to campus life than to the Indiana Jones-like premise of Temple Run, a new mobile game called Campus Beer Run 3D is worth checking out.
Developed by Wutango Media based in Seattle, the game is "the world's first temple run for belligerent college party-goers," according to the company's website.
The theme takes advantage of popular ideas of what a typical college party is like.
You won't find textbooks, lab coats or professors in this game. Instead, you will find countless kegs and plenty of drunken characters.
The game plays on stereotypes of college party-goers by featuring an assortment of characters such as cheerleaders, frat boys, sorority girls and nerds.
The object of the game is to collect booze while evading the cops who, like the evil monkeys in Temple Run, pursue the player's character.
Like many mobile games, Campus Beer Run 3D allows players to race against friends and random players.
It is unique though, because it also features a multi-player element that encourages competition between universities.
This feature provides tournaments so a gamer can compete against players from rival colleges.
The game will be available for iOS mobile devices, such as the iPhone, as well as for most Android devices.
The company needs help, though, to fully develop their vision for this game and to add final touches on the game's graphics. To raise funds, they are using Kickstarter, a funding platform often used by artists and creators of all kinds, to raise money for their projects.
Those interested can back the project with a $1 minimum pledge. Several pledge levels are available, and each offers increasing incentives.
For example, anyone who pledges $5 or more will become part of the game's testing team and will be recognized in the game credits once the game is released.
More information, photos and a video featuring Allen Wu, Wutango Media CEO, are available online.
Visit www.wutango.com or support the Campus Beer Run 3D Kickstarter page at http://bit.ly/campusbeer.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More East Tennessean News Articles
Recent East Tennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
- Freshman admission rises from last year
- SGA president vetoes Sex Week legislation
- SGA wanted to keep BUC Fund
- Be grateful for those around you
- Don’t settle because you’re scared to fail and do your best in all...
- Semicolons teach a special lesson
- University’s commitment to a dry campus is a joke to students
RECENT EAST TENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Empowering People to Regain Their Mobility
- On-Site Workplace Health Clinics Emphasize Chiropractic Care
- 5 Important Tips for Choosing a Medicare Health Plan
- Welcome Your Holiday Guests With Inviting Lighting
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
- Where the Jobs Are: Why Relocating May Be the Best Option
- Value of Education Brings Success Among Unique Student...
- Is Faith Really a Good Thing?
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Renowned Engineer Ric Bradshaw Conducts Fujifilm-Sponsored Campus Tour on Tape Technology
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!
- Leading Digital Strategists Transform Digital Marketing In Business and Academia
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR TO VISIT SEVEN CAMPUSES ACROSS THE COUNTRY, ENGAGING STUDENTS TO COMBAT DISCRIMINATION AND DATING ABUSE
- OH HONEY ARE “SINCERELY YOURS” WITH NEW EP // HONDA CIVIC TOUR