Amigo to perform at The Hideaway
Recently the GRE underwent a complete renovation. The revised test allows for an extra hour to complete the test and incorporates additional verbal and math sections and an on-screen calculator. A practice test is being offered at ETSU on Monday, Oct. 2 from 5-9 p.m. in Rogers-Stout Hall. sxc.hu
Saturday March 8, Johnson City will welcome the band Amigo at The Hideaway.
The trio from North Carolina casually formed in 2011 after they completed college.
In the band is Slade Baird on guitar and vocals, Adam Phillips as the drummer and lead singer, and Thomas Alverson as the bassist.
Foregoing several different lineups, these three have found their niche.
"This band just clicks," Baird elaborated.
The band's debut album, "Might Could," was released on Feb. 18, and is also available on iTunes.
The album features 11 original songs, all taking different spins - some being funny, and others more serious.
Songs such as "Where Have All the Bad Times Gone?" offer more of a funny, country feel, while songs such as "Jud Blood" offer a more calm, artistic and dynamic tone to the album.
The music of the late '80s and early '90s helped to influence the compositions that the band has included on "Might Could."
Amigo calls this album their "calling card," and is their first chance to prove themselves until they can get their name well-known.
"We're just trying to get on the road and cover as much of America as we can right now," said Baird.
Currently, the band is focusing more on introducing their music to new fans before getting back into the recording studio. Each band member being a long-time musician, knows the value of the hard work and dedication that has been put into this album.
More information about the band can be found on their website at www.amigotheband.com.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Prevent Water Damage And Cut Insurance Costs
- How to Sit Through a Movie in Comfort
- Pointers for Packing the Perfect Summer Picnic
- Natural Snacks Make Nutritious Meals
- How American-Made Products Benefit Many
- Los Hispanos Celebran El Verano Con Diversión,...
- Minimizing the Mess: How to Keep a Clean Home With Kids
- Millennials Help Boost the Popularity of ETFs
- How to Handle the Potential Pitfalls of Dating
- Smart Homes Save Time and Money
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- vitaminwater® Announces Project Hustle Finalists
- Supermodel Jaslene Gonzalez to Speak at Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority 25th Anniversary Sisterhood Retreat
- LEMELSON-MIT ANNOUNCES NATIONAL COLLEGIATE STUDENT PRIZE COMPETITION WINNERS
- NEW WEBSITE FEATURES COLLEGE PROFESSORS EXCLUSIVELY AS ONLINE TUTORS
- Dickinson College and Jadu Reinvent Website and Portal with 'Single Experience Student Platform'