Kryss Dula and Friends to open for Train
The Fleet Foxes released ‘Helplessness Blues’ on May 3. weallwantsomeone.org
Dr. Chris Dula is an established psychology professor at East Tennessee State University. What some may not know is that he is also a skilled musician with his own musical group, Kryss Dula and Friends.
For Dula, the idea behind starting Kryss Dula and Friends was not necessarily about forming an organized band with set times and practices. Rather, Dula wanted to create a music forum in which anyone with an instrument can join in and play and express themselves.
For Dula, it's about the joy of music and having fun.
Oftentimes, Kryss Dula and Friends can be found jamming out at the Acoustic Coffeehouse, and on any given night, the band might have any compilation of players playing any random assortment of instruments.
According to Dula, if you have an instrument, you can play. Simple as that.
The band was originally comprised of Dula and one or two players. It has since grown to include over 20 people.
For the 2013 Spring SGA Concert, Kryss Dula and Friends will be taking a giant step forward ... They will be opening for Train.
SGA senators Johnny Ameen and Cade Herron created a resolution that proposed that Kryss Dula and Friends be allowed to open for Train. SGA passed the resolution 26-0, with none abstaining.
For Dula himself, what makes this concert even more special is that, with the exception of one player, the entire band will be totally comprised of current or former ETSU students.
The members include Michael Fernando and Zach Ross on guitar. Kevin Glasper will be doing freestyle dancing. Alumni Brandon Bogle will be playing the drums. Stephen Marshall, an associate professor at ETSU, will be on the bass. Rounding out the band will be Evie Andrus on the fiddle and Adam Bogle on the mandolin.
Some of the members of the band will be playing on the Daytime Tri-Cities Show on the morning of the concert as a promotion for the concert.
Also, for the first time in the concert's history, the concert will be open to the public, as compared to just being for students in the past.
Kryss Dula and Friends is a laid back, all-about-having-fun type of band that welcomes anyone to come out and enjoy themselves.
Besides, music is the language that unites us all.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More East Tennessean News Articles
Recent East Tennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
- Bucs shutout Keydets
- Buc’s men’s soccer ties Wofford Bears, 3-3
- Lady Bucs defeat Wofford
- ‘It’s a Girl’ addresses gendercide
- ‘Super Smash Bros.’ game has become Nintendo’s kingmaker
- Volunteers needed for fall carnival that will take place Oct. 24
- Meditation aids in relaxation, improvement of mental, physical health
RECENT EAST TENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
- Where the Jobs Are: Why Relocating May Be the Best Option
- Value of Education Brings Success Among Unique Student...
- Is Faith Really a Good Thing?
- Are Workers Taking Enough Time to Understand Their...
- Save Now With Proven High-Efficiency Gas Wall-Hung Boiler
- Some Jobs Really Are a Pain in the Back
- Are Your Investments Doomed by Overfunded Public Markets?
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!
- Leading Digital Strategists Transform Digital Marketing In Business and Academia
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR TO VISIT SEVEN CAMPUSES ACROSS THE COUNTRY, ENGAGING STUDENTS TO COMBAT DISCRIMINATION AND DATING ABUSE
- OH HONEY ARE “SINCERELY YOURS” WITH NEW EP // HONDA CIVIC TOUR
- Mercedes-Benz Financial Services wants you to help “Drive Our Future”