College won't be Snider's last stop for sports
ETSU cheerleader, Jillian Snider, a 20-year-old junior from Cookeville, is a sports management major.
"I have been cheerleading since I was about 8 or 9 years old. I've been in the sport for about 13 years," Snider said.
What drew her to continue cheerleading here at ETSU was the all girl's squad. "I also just really liked ETSU the best out of all the colleges I looked at," Snider said.
She also said that being able to take the sport she loves to the next step was important to her.
"I feel that the biggest accomplishment that I have made in my cheerleading career is being able to cheer in college."
Snider is also very fond of her teammates, saying, "the bond we have is like family."
There have been a lot of changes in the athletic department lately, and Snider is excited about all the buzz.
"I love that ETSU has the opportunity to have a football program again," she said. "I am excited to cheer for the fans at games and be able to perform our stunts and gymnastics in front of even more fans."
She is also very excited for next year for another reason, "My goal this season is to gain more skills to use at the UCA College Nationals next year." Snider said. That, she said, would be a major milestone of her college cheerleading career.
As for her plans for after graduation, she said she dreams of staying involved with the sport she loves.
"I hope to use my sports management degree to stay involved in cheerleading, whether it be coaching or having a position with the major cheerleading companies like Cheersport or Varsity."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Prevent Water Damage And Cut Insurance Costs
- How to Sit Through a Movie in Comfort
- Pointers for Packing the Perfect Summer Picnic
- Natural Snacks Make Nutritious Meals
- How American-Made Products Benefit Many
- Los Hispanos Celebran El Verano Con Diversión,...
- Minimizing the Mess: How to Keep a Clean Home With Kids
- Millennials Help Boost the Popularity of ETFs
- How to Handle the Potential Pitfalls of Dating
- Smart Homes Save Time and Money
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- vitaminwater® Announces Project Hustle Finalists
- Supermodel Jaslene Gonzalez to Speak at Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority 25th Anniversary Sisterhood Retreat
- LEMELSON-MIT ANNOUNCES NATIONAL COLLEGIATE STUDENT PRIZE COMPETITION WINNERS
- NEW WEBSITE FEATURES COLLEGE PROFESSORS EXCLUSIVELY AS ONLINE TUTORS
- Dickinson College and Jadu Reinvent Website and Portal with 'Single Experience Student Platform'