College won't be Snider's last stop for sports
ETSU cheerleader, Jillian Snider, a 20-year-old junior from Cookeville, is a sports management major.
"I have been cheerleading since I was about 8 or 9 years old. I've been in the sport for about 13 years," Snider said.
What drew her to continue cheerleading here at ETSU was the all girl's squad. "I also just really liked ETSU the best out of all the colleges I looked at," Snider said.
She also said that being able to take the sport she loves to the next step was important to her.
"I feel that the biggest accomplishment that I have made in my cheerleading career is being able to cheer in college."
Snider is also very fond of her teammates, saying, "the bond we have is like family."
There have been a lot of changes in the athletic department lately, and Snider is excited about all the buzz.
"I love that ETSU has the opportunity to have a football program again," she said. "I am excited to cheer for the fans at games and be able to perform our stunts and gymnastics in front of even more fans."
She is also very excited for next year for another reason, "My goal this season is to gain more skills to use at the UCA College Nationals next year." Snider said. That, she said, would be a major milestone of her college cheerleading career.
As for her plans for after graduation, she said she dreams of staying involved with the sport she loves.
"I hope to use my sports management degree to stay involved in cheerleading, whether it be coaching or having a position with the major cheerleading companies like Cheersport or Varsity."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
- System recognizes gender spectrum
- ETSU Pride Band opens for Krüger Brothers
- Inclement weather makes it possible for editor to spend more time with...
- RTVF students to present original films
- Bucs end regular season with loss to Mercer
- ETSU split wins with visiting Butler
- Tennis dominates Tennessee Tech in convincing style
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- This Year, Make a Goal to Contribute More to Your 401(k)
- Giving the Elderly a Lift -- In Their Home
- 4-H Grown: Alumni Asked to Stand Up and Support STEM...
- Haven't Tried Sardines? Try These
- Weatherizing Your Home Can Mean Big Benefits
- 10 Tips to Stay Safe During Spring Break
- 10 Tips for Staying Safe During Spring Break
- 3 Things to Know Before Ride-Booking a Car
- For Advanced Heart Failure Patients, There Is Hope
- Bringing Chiropractic to the Little League
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Potential health risks of hookah smoking are being overlooked by users
- Study Finds College-age Millennials Hopeful for the Future, Worry about Student Loans and Overspending
- RetailMeNot Helps Students Save Money on Spring Break Travel
- Visit Virtual Study Abroad Fair on February 25 to explore study abroad options and win prizes
- Students kill three birds with one stone