College won't be Snider's last stop for sports
ETSU cheerleader, Jillian Snider, a 20-year-old junior from Cookeville, is a sports management major.
"I have been cheerleading since I was about 8 or 9 years old. I've been in the sport for about 13 years," Snider said.
What drew her to continue cheerleading here at ETSU was the all girl's squad. "I also just really liked ETSU the best out of all the colleges I looked at," Snider said.
She also said that being able to take the sport she loves to the next step was important to her.
"I feel that the biggest accomplishment that I have made in my cheerleading career is being able to cheer in college."
Snider is also very fond of her teammates, saying, "the bond we have is like family."
There have been a lot of changes in the athletic department lately, and Snider is excited about all the buzz.
"I love that ETSU has the opportunity to have a football program again," she said. "I am excited to cheer for the fans at games and be able to perform our stunts and gymnastics in front of even more fans."
She is also very excited for next year for another reason, "My goal this season is to gain more skills to use at the UCA College Nationals next year." Snider said. That, she said, would be a major milestone of her college cheerleading career.
As for her plans for after graduation, she said she dreams of staying involved with the sport she loves.
"I hope to use my sports management degree to stay involved in cheerleading, whether it be coaching or having a position with the major cheerleading companies like Cheersport or Varsity."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
- Kristjansson returns for final season on men’s golf team
- Undergrad student focuses on holistic medicine
- Willow Tree offers inviting atmosphere for students
- ETSU gears up for Culp renovations
- Parking services seeking student input
- SGA executive laments lack of legislation
- Tennessee Promise has slight effect on enrollment
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Could The Movie Studio be the Next Heavy Hitter?
- Can Insurance Companies Adapt to Today's Fast-Paced...
- Help Fund Your Favorite School Cause One Apple at a Time
- New TIPS Program Focuses on Preventing Youth Sports Injuries
- Don't Let Spooky Pests Haunt Your Home This Fall
- Weight Loss Procedure Hits a Nerve -- Literally
- Clues in the Attic: Pre-Winter Roof Checkups Made Easy
- Feeding Your Joints to Stay on the Move
- High Tech Pearls Are Captivating the Younger Jewelry...
- Making Halloween a Treat For Parents As Well As Kids