Comedian to perform at ETSU
The Niswonger Performing Arts Center will feature an evening with comedian James Gregory on at the center in historic downtown Greeneville, Tenn.
The performance begins at 7:30 pm and ticket prices range from $15 to $25.
Gregory is constantly touring. He's on the road about three days a week, forty six weeks a year.
He continues to entertain sold-out crowds in theaters and comedy clubs and remains in demand for corporate events. Gregory has been the featured entertainer for more than 200 corporations, including the Coca Cola Company, Kimberly-Clark Corporation, Hewlett Packard and Kroger.
Gregory is heard weekly on syndicated radio shows such as "Rick and Bubba," "John Boy and Billy" and "Bob and Tom." Combined, these shows are broadcast to people in more than 220 cities nationwide.
As a result, he now has a grassroots following that numbers in the millions.
Gregory was born in a rural area about 25 miles east of Atlanta, Ga. He got his first job at the age of twelve at a small country grocery store. By the time he was 15, he was working 37 hours a week, as well as going to school.
As an adult, Gregory has worked for the U.S. Postal Service, the Department of Defense, and he spent almost 10 years as a salesman before discovering the wonderful world of standup comedy.
Gregory does not "tip-toe" through life as if he's walking on broken glass or egg shells.
That style is evident on stage as well. He is not politically correct.
Much of his humor is centered on brilliant observations of crazy relatives and people obsessed with the slightest change in weather conditions - now referred to as global warming.
He delights in poking fun at modern sensitive parents and out-of-control environmentalists.
Gregory has been quoted as saying, "If you want me to be concerned about endangered species, you need to convince me that we're about out of chickens."
The James Gregory show turns the clock back to a time when life was simpler, to a better time, before the death of common sense; a time when people sat on the front porch and actually talked to each other without a cell phone in their ear.
Gregory's success, like his comedy, is the direct result of the values he grew up with.
And now, 20-something years later, it is this unique brand of humor that packs the crowds into his sold-out shows.
The absence of vulgarity sets Gregory apart and his stories are carefully crafted art.
"I have lived long enough to know people, know life", Gregory said.
"My comedy is based on my life experiences. It's real, it's funny and the audience loves it. That's why I'm still in business."
Tickets are $25 for orchestra and mezzanine level seating and $15 for balcony seats.
Tickets may be purchased online at www.npacgreeneville.com, in person at the NPAC box office, or by calling 423-638-1679.
NPAC offers online seat selection and no-fee ticketing.
The box office hours are Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- How Plumbing Is Flushing Into the Future
- New App Takes the Task Out of Boat Maintenance
- Talk Before You Take When Dealing With Medicine
- Eclectic Father's Day Gift Ideas for Dad
- When on an Association Board, Education Is a Must
- Anti-Cancer Compounds Show Promise in Early Research
- 5 Ways to Keep Your Home Clean During a Remodel
- This Spring, It's all About That Bass Fishing -- and Your...
- Pepper Spray Conversations Heat Up, Myths Debunked
- The Eyes Have It -- New Corrective Lens Marks Vision...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- LEMELSON-MIT ANNOUNCES NATIONAL COLLEGIATE STUDENT PRIZE COMPETITION WINNERS
- NEW WEBSITE FEATURES COLLEGE PROFESSORS EXCLUSIVELY AS ONLINE TUTORS
- Dickinson College and Jadu Reinvent Website and Portal with 'Single Experience Student Platform'
- UT Austin Tops All-America Student Analyst Competition 2014-15
- SVG, NACDA Announce Finalists for 2015 College Sports Media Awards