ETSU, Owls meet for 17th time tonight at KSU
The ETSU women's basketball team will continue its late-season stretch of road contests with a trip to the state of Georgia to first take on the Kennesaw State Owls on Thursday at 7 p.m. inside the KSU Convocation Center.
Beginning a stretch of five of their next seven games on the road, the Buccaneers fell, 69-60, to the USC Upstate Spartans on Feb. 15, inside the Hodge Center.
The Blue & Gold came out energized with a 10-2 run to begin the game, holding a lead throughout, and staved off a Spartans' comeback to take a 27-22 lead into halftime.
To open the second period, ETSU continued its momentum before Upstate went on a 10-4 surge to pull within two points with 13:48 left to play.
The Bucs then answered to take a firmer hold onto the lead, but the Spartans responded with another burst to tie things up at 48 with seven minutes to go.
Both teams traded the lead over the next few minutes before Upstate went on an 8-0 run over the final two minutes of the contest to take control and down the Blue & Gold, 69-60.
ETSU (7-16, 3-9) and Kennesaw State (6-18, 4-9) will square off Thursday in the 17th all-time meeting between the two schools a series that ETSU dominates, 15-1.
The Bucs prevailed in the last three meetings versus the Owls including the most recent matchup earlier this season on Jan. 23 when ETSU knocked off KSU, 74-68, inside the ETSU/Mountain States Health Sciences Athletics Center.
Kennesaw State's only win against the Blue & Gold took place in Kennesaw, Ga., on Feb. 4, 2012, in a 78-68 Owls' triumph.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
- ‘Proof’ will premiere at ETSU on Thursday
- Made in East Tennessee postponed until March 3
- YouTubers entertain subscribers
- Bucs baseball put in strong performance at Upstate Classic
- Bucs drop second loss to UTC
- Inclement weather policy fails to keep university open
- Information about Ghandi, Mother Teresa renders less positive depictions of...
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Giving the Elderly a Lift -- In Their Home
- 4-H Grown: Alumni Asked to Stand Up and Support STEM...
- Haven't Tried Sardines? Try These
- Weatherizing Your Home Can Mean Big Benefits
- 10 Tips to Stay Safe During Spring Break
- 10 Tips for Staying Safe During Spring Break
- 3 Things to Know Before Ride-Booking a Car
- For Advanced Heart Failure Patients, There Is Hope
- Bringing Chiropractic to the Little League
- Singapore Pastor Kong Hee Maintains Innocence, Gains...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Potential health risks of hookah smoking are being overlooked by users
- Study Finds College-age Millennials Hopeful for the Future, Worry about Student Loans and Overspending
- RetailMeNot Helps Students Save Money on Spring Break Travel
- Visit Virtual Study Abroad Fair on February 25 to explore study abroad options and win prizes
- Students kill three birds with one stone