ETSU, Owls meet for 17th time tonight at KSU
The ETSU women's basketball team will continue its late-season stretch of road contests with a trip to the state of Georgia to first take on the Kennesaw State Owls on Thursday at 7 p.m. inside the KSU Convocation Center.
Beginning a stretch of five of their next seven games on the road, the Buccaneers fell, 69-60, to the USC Upstate Spartans on Feb. 15, inside the Hodge Center.
The Blue & Gold came out energized with a 10-2 run to begin the game, holding a lead throughout, and staved off a Spartans' comeback to take a 27-22 lead into halftime.
To open the second period, ETSU continued its momentum before Upstate went on a 10-4 surge to pull within two points with 13:48 left to play.
The Bucs then answered to take a firmer hold onto the lead, but the Spartans responded with another burst to tie things up at 48 with seven minutes to go.
Both teams traded the lead over the next few minutes before Upstate went on an 8-0 run over the final two minutes of the contest to take control and down the Blue & Gold, 69-60.
ETSU (7-16, 3-9) and Kennesaw State (6-18, 4-9) will square off Thursday in the 17th all-time meeting between the two schools a series that ETSU dominates, 15-1.
The Bucs prevailed in the last three meetings versus the Owls including the most recent matchup earlier this season on Jan. 23 when ETSU knocked off KSU, 74-68, inside the ETSU/Mountain States Health Sciences Athletics Center.
Kennesaw State's only win against the Blue & Gold took place in Kennesaw, Ga., on Feb. 4, 2012, in a 78-68 Owls' triumph.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More East Tennessean News Articles
Recent East Tennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
- Number of students housing on campus falls
- SGA pursues student parking rights on campus
- ETSU investigates rape allegations
- Album offers listeners stimulating experience
- CPA offers variety of yoga
- Documentary about toxins leaking into a community’s drinking water will be...
- ‘Blackfish’ questions animal captivity
RECENT EAST TENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses
- Cengage Learning and Flashnotes.com Form Strategic Partnership