Parking Service changes to take effect in fall 2012
Starting next school year, East Tennessee State University's Parking Services will be implementing three major changes.
The major addition that will take place is that parking attendants will be taking pictures with each issued citation so that they have something to associate with that ticket.
"These photos will be taken only for major violations and only used when someone is appealing a ticket," said Vernon Bradley, parking services director.
During the appeal process, it is often the violator's word against the attendant. Parking Services now hopes the photos will help both parties.
"It actually benefits both," said Bradley, "There is now evidence to go along with the ticket to help determine whether there was a violation or not."
The photos will not include the violator's license plate or any visual logos that help identify the vehicle.
This new addition will go into effect next semester along with two more additions.
Individuals will now be able to apply for parking passes and appeal parking tickets online.
Individuals will also be able to apply for visitor and temporary parking passes. Those who forget to switch their decals when driving another vehicle will be able to get a temporary parking pass online.
Individuals may request these passes on the ETSU Parking Services website. Individuals will need to either click on the links "Visitor's and temporary passes are available here," or "appeal form."
"These changes actually went into effect this semester but they weren't well known," Bradley said, "so it will begin next semester with everyone informed of the changes."
Also in addition to the 30 parking spaces that were lost during the semester break, more spaces will be eliminated this summer and the next due to the construction that will occur on campus in the near future.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More East Tennessean News Articles
Recent East Tennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
RECENT EAST TENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses
- Cengage Learning and Flashnotes.com Form Strategic Partnership