Parking Service changes to take effect in fall 2012
Starting next school year, East Tennessee State University's Parking Services will be implementing three major changes.
The major addition that will take place is that parking attendants will be taking pictures with each issued citation so that they have something to associate with that ticket.
"These photos will be taken only for major violations and only used when someone is appealing a ticket," said Vernon Bradley, parking services director.
During the appeal process, it is often the violator's word against the attendant. Parking Services now hopes the photos will help both parties.
"It actually benefits both," said Bradley, "There is now evidence to go along with the ticket to help determine whether there was a violation or not."
The photos will not include the violator's license plate or any visual logos that help identify the vehicle.
This new addition will go into effect next semester along with two more additions.
Individuals will now be able to apply for parking passes and appeal parking tickets online.
Individuals will also be able to apply for visitor and temporary parking passes. Those who forget to switch their decals when driving another vehicle will be able to get a temporary parking pass online.
Individuals may request these passes on the ETSU Parking Services website. Individuals will need to either click on the links "Visitor's and temporary passes are available here," or "appeal form."
"These changes actually went into effect this semester but they weren't well known," Bradley said, "so it will begin next semester with everyone informed of the changes."
Also in addition to the 30 parking spaces that were lost during the semester break, more spaces will be eliminated this summer and the next due to the construction that will occur on campus in the near future.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
- University cleared after being accused of research missteps, plans to improve
- The Jubilee solution will eliminate the student loan crisis
- SGA has insight for students
- Public safety waiting for info on sexual assaults
- Halloween movies to impress moviegoers
- Defining your measure of worth
- Small groups can turn into big voices
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- IRS Warns Taxpayers of Latest Phone Fraud Scam
- Putting Your Vacation Home to Work for You
- Finding Answers to Growing Concerns About Water Fluoridation
- Empowering People to Regain Their Mobility
- On-Site Workplace Health Clinics Emphasize Chiropractic Care
- 5 Important Tips for Choosing a Medicare Health Plan
- Welcome Your Holiday Guests With Inviting Lighting
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- College women switching to Sobrr this Halloween as the best app for fun -- and finding soul mates.
- Win $1,000 to Study Abroad in Italy. The ItaliaRail Study Abroad in Italy Scholarship for Spring 2015 is now accepting applications.
- 7 Tips for Scoring a Tailgating Touchdown
- Renowned Engineer Ric Bradshaw Conducts Fujifilm-Sponsored Campus Tour on Tape Technology
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!