Parking Service changes to take effect in fall 2012
Starting next school year, East Tennessee State University's Parking Services will be implementing three major changes.
The major addition that will take place is that parking attendants will be taking pictures with each issued citation so that they have something to associate with that ticket.
"These photos will be taken only for major violations and only used when someone is appealing a ticket," said Vernon Bradley, parking services director.
During the appeal process, it is often the violator's word against the attendant. Parking Services now hopes the photos will help both parties.
"It actually benefits both," said Bradley, "There is now evidence to go along with the ticket to help determine whether there was a violation or not."
The photos will not include the violator's license plate or any visual logos that help identify the vehicle.
This new addition will go into effect next semester along with two more additions.
Individuals will now be able to apply for parking passes and appeal parking tickets online.
Individuals will also be able to apply for visitor and temporary parking passes. Those who forget to switch their decals when driving another vehicle will be able to get a temporary parking pass online.
Individuals may request these passes on the ETSU Parking Services website. Individuals will need to either click on the links "Visitor's and temporary passes are available here," or "appeal form."
"These changes actually went into effect this semester but they weren't well known," Bradley said, "so it will begin next semester with everyone informed of the changes."
Also in addition to the 30 parking spaces that were lost during the semester break, more spaces will be eliminated this summer and the next due to the construction that will occur on campus in the near future.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
- Online magazine promotes healthy habits
- Buctainment co-sponsorship of campus events garners greater event attention
- Charles Towne Belles inspires faith
- New exhibitions coming to Reece
- Club soccer team begins at ETSU
- Oshoniyi coaches in 2015 adidas MLS Combine
- I ate my roommate’s girlfriend’s candy, he cried
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- LED Technology Helping People See The World in a Whole...
- Ice Dams Put Homes at Risk for Termites
- 5 Tips to Having a Happy, Healthy Heart
- What Does Million in IRS Budget Cuts Mean for Taxpayers?
- Workers Say a Good Cup of Coffee Can Make Entire Workday...
- Fresh Fruit Delivers Fun and Nutrition
- Say No to the Knife: Reduce the Likeliness Of Surgery...
- Give Your Kitchen a New Look With a Lighting Update
- Garden Project Spreads Its Roots in Urban Areas
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- WHOLE YOU CHALLENGES THE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY AND PUBLIC TO HELP FIND SOLUTIONS FOR THOSE WITH ORAL AND VISION LIMITATIONS
- 10 Reasons Why Cancun is the Spring Break Mecca of the World
- What's Next in Learning Spaces?
- carpooling, Europe's No. 1 ridesharing app, debuts in U.S. to college market
- PwC US Launches CareerAdvisor