Parking Service changes to take effect in fall 2012
Starting next school year, East Tennessee State University's Parking Services will be implementing three major changes.
The major addition that will take place is that parking attendants will be taking pictures with each issued citation so that they have something to associate with that ticket.
"These photos will be taken only for major violations and only used when someone is appealing a ticket," said Vernon Bradley, parking services director.
During the appeal process, it is often the violator's word against the attendant. Parking Services now hopes the photos will help both parties.
"It actually benefits both," said Bradley, "There is now evidence to go along with the ticket to help determine whether there was a violation or not."
The photos will not include the violator's license plate or any visual logos that help identify the vehicle.
This new addition will go into effect next semester along with two more additions.
Individuals will now be able to apply for parking passes and appeal parking tickets online.
Individuals will also be able to apply for visitor and temporary parking passes. Those who forget to switch their decals when driving another vehicle will be able to get a temporary parking pass online.
Individuals may request these passes on the ETSU Parking Services website. Individuals will need to either click on the links "Visitor's and temporary passes are available here," or "appeal form."
"These changes actually went into effect this semester but they weren't well known," Bradley said, "so it will begin next semester with everyone informed of the changes."
Also in addition to the 30 parking spaces that were lost during the semester break, more spaces will be eliminated this summer and the next due to the construction that will occur on campus in the near future.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More easttennessean News Articles
Recent easttennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EASTTENNESSEAN NEWS
RECENT EASTTENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Avoiding Body Drought: Tips to Prevent Dehydration
- Lighting for Aging Eyes -- Don't Get Left in the Dark
- Tax-Savings Tips From Licensed Experts
- Not Leo DiCaprio? How to Cut Your Energy Bills Anyway
- Television Best Bets: Streaming Programs Worth Watching
- Modern Farming: Technology Helps Keep Food on the Table
- An End to Acid Reflux?
- How to Select a Contractor: Certification Counts With...
- Modern Landfills: Safe, Smart and Green
- Medicine Safety Reminders for Cold and Flu Season
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists
- 6 ‘Friendsgiving’ tips that won’t leave you stuffed
- PARAMORE UNVEIL EXPANDED DIGITAL EDITION OF BLOCKBUSTER FOURTH ALBUM
- MELANIE MARTINEZ ANNOUNCES THIRD LEG OF “DOLLHOUSE TOUR”
- Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Inc. Declared Winner of Voto Latino’s RepUrLetters Challenge