Parking Service changes to take effect in fall 2012
Starting next school year, East Tennessee State University's Parking Services will be implementing three major changes.
The major addition that will take place is that parking attendants will be taking pictures with each issued citation so that they have something to associate with that ticket.
"These photos will be taken only for major violations and only used when someone is appealing a ticket," said Vernon Bradley, parking services director.
During the appeal process, it is often the violator's word against the attendant. Parking Services now hopes the photos will help both parties.
"It actually benefits both," said Bradley, "There is now evidence to go along with the ticket to help determine whether there was a violation or not."
The photos will not include the violator's license plate or any visual logos that help identify the vehicle.
This new addition will go into effect next semester along with two more additions.
Individuals will now be able to apply for parking passes and appeal parking tickets online.
Individuals will also be able to apply for visitor and temporary parking passes. Those who forget to switch their decals when driving another vehicle will be able to get a temporary parking pass online.
Individuals may request these passes on the ETSU Parking Services website. Individuals will need to either click on the links "Visitor's and temporary passes are available here," or "appeal form."
"These changes actually went into effect this semester but they weren't well known," Bradley said, "so it will begin next semester with everyone informed of the changes."
Also in addition to the 30 parking spaces that were lost during the semester break, more spaces will be eliminated this summer and the next due to the construction that will occur on campus in the near future.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More East Tennessean News Articles
Recent East Tennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
- Bucs shutout Keydets
- Buc’s men’s soccer ties Wofford Bears, 3-3
- Lady Bucs defeat Wofford
- ‘It’s a Girl’ addresses gendercide
- ‘Super Smash Bros.’ game has become Nintendo’s kingmaker
- Volunteers needed for fall carnival that will take place Oct. 24
- Meditation aids in relaxation, improvement of mental, physical health
RECENT EAST TENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
- Where the Jobs Are: Why Relocating May Be the Best Option
- Value of Education Brings Success Among Unique Student...
- Is Faith Really a Good Thing?
- Are Workers Taking Enough Time to Understand Their...
- Save Now With Proven High-Efficiency Gas Wall-Hung Boiler
- Some Jobs Really Are a Pain in the Back
- Are Your Investments Doomed by Overfunded Public Markets?
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!
- Leading Digital Strategists Transform Digital Marketing In Business and Academia
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR TO VISIT SEVEN CAMPUSES ACROSS THE COUNTRY, ENGAGING STUDENTS TO COMBAT DISCRIMINATION AND DATING ABUSE
- OH HONEY ARE “SINCERELY YOURS” WITH NEW EP // HONDA CIVIC TOUR
- Mercedes-Benz Financial Services wants you to help “Drive Our Future”