NASCAR's Chase missing two familiar faces
Would NASCAR like to see the Busch brothers in the Chase? Probably.
Do the fans want to see the Busch brothers in the Chase? Not a chance.
It could be argued that this year's Chase, despite the three-horse war going on atop the standings, has not been as exciting as years past. There haven't been as many wrecks, controversies, or cautions whatsoever, for that matter.
So what gives? The Busch boys are always the ones bringing the excitement and controversy right? I would've thought so. Isn't that what the fans have been craving? Wrecks and controversy?
We can all remember Kyle's short, yet clearly disgruntled interview at the conclusion of the Richmond race, just the latest example of Kyle's 'hate-to-lose' mindset.
For the fans, it's not always about the crashes and the excitement. Sometimes, it's more about the tradition and the drivers in the cars.
They would rather pull for a well-mannered, fan-friendly driver with slightly above average talents (I'm talking about Regan Smith), than a driver who says and does what he wants, yet has talents that only come once in a couple decades.
When it was announced that Regan Smith would be leaving Furniture Row a couple weeks ago, I went on the blogs and comment sections of NASCAR.com to see fan reactions. It was almost eerie reading some of the comments.
It was as if most fans knew in the back of their minds that Kurt Busch would be getting the seat, but they chose to comment on other drivers, hoping that their nightmare does not become a reality. Among the drivers recommended by fans for the No. 78 were Elliott Sadler, Brian Vickers, and Landon Cassill.
Let's face it. Most fans are tired of the Busch clan, even with Kurt struggling with a sub-par ride. When the announcement was made that Busch would be driving the No. 78 for Furniture Row in 2013, the fan disgust seemed almost unanimous, with exception of the occasional Busch fan coming to the defense.
How can FRR remove such a kind young man in favor of this driver who has lost two premier rides because of his attitude?
The answer is simple.
It's the nature of the business. I once heard someone say that sometimes attitude and overall personality can weigh more than talent, Nonsense. For better or for worse, the talented will ALWAYS rise to the top.
Kyle has certainly had a down year. Kurt has had an awful year. However, it will not last.
It is only a matter of time before Kurt finds his way back into a premier seat with sponsorship. Kyle will realize he needs to win, and he will. If you're a Busch-hater, enjoy this Chase now. It seems highly doubtful, if not impossible, that this trend will last.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More East Tennessean News Articles
Recent East Tennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
- Bucs shutout Keydets
- Buc’s men’s soccer ties Wofford Bears, 3-3
- Lady Bucs defeat Wofford
- ‘It’s a Girl’ addresses gendercide
- ‘Super Smash Bros.’ game has become Nintendo’s kingmaker
- Volunteers needed for fall carnival that will take place Oct. 24
- Meditation aids in relaxation, improvement of mental, physical health
RECENT EAST TENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
- Where the Jobs Are: Why Relocating May Be the Best Option
- Value of Education Brings Success Among Unique Student...
- Is Faith Really a Good Thing?
- Are Workers Taking Enough Time to Understand Their...
- Save Now With Proven High-Efficiency Gas Wall-Hung Boiler
- Some Jobs Really Are a Pain in the Back
- Are Your Investments Doomed by Overfunded Public Markets?
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!
- Leading Digital Strategists Transform Digital Marketing In Business and Academia
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR TO VISIT SEVEN CAMPUSES ACROSS THE COUNTRY, ENGAGING STUDENTS TO COMBAT DISCRIMINATION AND DATING ABUSE
- OH HONEY ARE “SINCERELY YOURS” WITH NEW EP // HONDA CIVIC TOUR
- Mercedes-Benz Financial Services wants you to help “Drive Our Future”