This mountain to perform with Kryss Dula
Students on campus enjoy the spring weather with inflatable equipment, sponsored by Buctainment. Seth Johns
In the burgeoning Tri-Cities musical scene, one band stands alone among the rest with their "collaborative folk rock from East Tennessee."
The six-member band, this mountain, usually written in lowercase, attributes their style to the influence of "friendship, peace, good music" and "the hills of east Tennessee."
"The history of Appalachian music is rich and varied," claims this mountain, "and it's part of this area's musical DNA."
Founded in 2010, this mountain originally called themselves Dreamcatcher, but changed the name when it no longer suited the group dynamic.
Members include: Matt Martin, Zach Chandley, Patrick Taylor, Andrew Gibbens, Taylor Green and Cody Ledford.
Though a young band, this mountain released their first album, called "Future Ghost," on Aug. 22.
The message of "Future Ghost" is "certainly open for interpretation," but Martin says if there were a theme for the album, it would be "not letting yesterday's mistakes define or steer tomorrow's decisions."
In all of their music, whatever this mountain is saying, always "comes from a place of honesty."
In this mountain's future plans, one goal is consistent and paramount: writing what they think are good songs and hoping that others agree.
This mountain is grateful for their fans, claiming "we have some of the greatest fan support a band could ask for," both familial and otherwise.
The mountain has begun to venture out of town for shows and always finds the venues and attendees to be welcoming and encouraging. "
Word of mouth and willingness of listeners has been key to helping us move forward," Martin concedes.
If this mountain's large fan base isn't convincing enough of the quality of their music, then surely the locally famous Dancing Steve's presence will be enough evidence.
Dancing Steve is notorious for showing up at local musicians' shows, dancing uninhibitedly, and truly giving the good music the appreciation in deserves.
This mountain has a few shows coming up in the area, some in Johnson City and others out of town. The band is also looking to book private shows and working on more out of town events.
This mountain plans to write more, record more and perform more shows in the near future. They want to thank Johnson City for being so good to them.
Current schedule for this mountain through the end of 2012:
Friday, Oct. 19 - Acoustic Coffeehouse, Johnson City with Kryss Dula
Saturday, Oct. 27 - Milligan College Homecoming
Friday, Nov. 9 - Machiavelli's, Bristol, Tenn., with The Pinkerton Raid
Saturday, Nov. 10 - Motorco Music Hall, Durham, N.C., with The Pinkerton Raid
Wednesday, Nov. 21 - Second annual Thanksgiving Canned Food Drive, The Down Home, Johnson City
For more informationon this mountain, visit their facebook page at www.facebook.com/thismountain or their twitter account, this_mountain.
To contact the band, email them at email@example.com.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More East Tennessean News Articles
Recent East Tennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
- Bucs shutout Keydets
- Buc’s men’s soccer ties Wofford Bears, 3-3
- Lady Bucs defeat Wofford
- ‘It’s a Girl’ addresses gendercide
- ‘Super Smash Bros.’ game has become Nintendo’s kingmaker
- Volunteers needed for fall carnival that will take place Oct. 24
- Meditation aids in relaxation, improvement of mental, physical health
RECENT EAST TENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
- Where the Jobs Are: Why Relocating May Be the Best Option
- Value of Education Brings Success Among Unique Student...
- Is Faith Really a Good Thing?
- Are Workers Taking Enough Time to Understand Their...
- Save Now With Proven High-Efficiency Gas Wall-Hung Boiler
- Some Jobs Really Are a Pain in the Back
- Are Your Investments Doomed by Overfunded Public Markets?
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!
- Leading Digital Strategists Transform Digital Marketing In Business and Academia
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR TO VISIT SEVEN CAMPUSES ACROSS THE COUNTRY, ENGAGING STUDENTS TO COMBAT DISCRIMINATION AND DATING ABUSE
- OH HONEY ARE “SINCERELY YOURS” WITH NEW EP // HONDA CIVIC TOUR
- Mercedes-Benz Financial Services wants you to help “Drive Our Future”