This mountain to perform with Kryss Dula
Students on campus enjoy the spring weather with inflatable equipment, sponsored by Buctainment. Seth Johns
In the burgeoning Tri-Cities musical scene, one band stands alone among the rest with their "collaborative folk rock from East Tennessee."
The six-member band, this mountain, usually written in lowercase, attributes their style to the influence of "friendship, peace, good music" and "the hills of east Tennessee."
"The history of Appalachian music is rich and varied," claims this mountain, "and it's part of this area's musical DNA."
Founded in 2010, this mountain originally called themselves Dreamcatcher, but changed the name when it no longer suited the group dynamic.
Members include: Matt Martin, Zach Chandley, Patrick Taylor, Andrew Gibbens, Taylor Green and Cody Ledford.
Though a young band, this mountain released their first album, called "Future Ghost," on Aug. 22.
The message of "Future Ghost" is "certainly open for interpretation," but Martin says if there were a theme for the album, it would be "not letting yesterday's mistakes define or steer tomorrow's decisions."
In all of their music, whatever this mountain is saying, always "comes from a place of honesty."
In this mountain's future plans, one goal is consistent and paramount: writing what they think are good songs and hoping that others agree.
This mountain is grateful for their fans, claiming "we have some of the greatest fan support a band could ask for," both familial and otherwise.
The mountain has begun to venture out of town for shows and always finds the venues and attendees to be welcoming and encouraging. "
Word of mouth and willingness of listeners has been key to helping us move forward," Martin concedes.
If this mountain's large fan base isn't convincing enough of the quality of their music, then surely the locally famous Dancing Steve's presence will be enough evidence.
Dancing Steve is notorious for showing up at local musicians' shows, dancing uninhibitedly, and truly giving the good music the appreciation in deserves.
This mountain has a few shows coming up in the area, some in Johnson City and others out of town. The band is also looking to book private shows and working on more out of town events.
This mountain plans to write more, record more and perform more shows in the near future. They want to thank Johnson City for being so good to them.
Current schedule for this mountain through the end of 2012:
Friday, Oct. 19 - Acoustic Coffeehouse, Johnson City with Kryss Dula
Saturday, Oct. 27 - Milligan College Homecoming
Friday, Nov. 9 - Machiavelli's, Bristol, Tenn., with The Pinkerton Raid
Saturday, Nov. 10 - Motorco Music Hall, Durham, N.C., with The Pinkerton Raid
Wednesday, Nov. 21 - Second annual Thanksgiving Canned Food Drive, The Down Home, Johnson City
For more informationon this mountain, visit their facebook page at www.facebook.com/thismountain or their twitter account, this_mountain.
To contact the band, email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More East Tennessean News Articles
Recent East Tennessean News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EAST TENNESSEAN NEWS
RECENT EAST TENNESSEAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- When It Comes to Winter Roof Checkups, the Attic Is Your...
- Is It Time to Sell Your Structured Settlement for Cash?
- Pest Proof Now to Protect Homes for Winter
- 3 Fishermen Rescued at Sea Thanks to GPS Device
- Mes de la Hispanidad inspira liderazgo, empoderamiento,...
- Majority of Moms and Moms-to-Be Believe in Public...
- Wineries Speak Up About the Benefits of Using Natural Cork
- Taking a Holistic Approach to Fit Living
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Over 2,000 Groups Prepare to “Hit the Streets” with Volunteers and Celebrities for National Voter Registration Day on September 23, 2014
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections